2019 playoff discussion thread-Some no name Russians played their last game in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Yes, but that was a year ago.

Neal is gone. Perron is gone. They actually added by trading away players and prospects and had one UFA signing in Statsny.

Reaves was also via trade.
Looks like they dodged a huge bullet on Neal, and signed Statsny anyways, then made a decent bet on Perron not matching a career year in his 30s, and then acquired Pacioretty, and now Stone. They pay those three double what the other two wanted and had as a salary.

They had players, picks, and a huge salary cap given to them from the get go, I doubt Seattle is as lucky next time.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
That was the craziest game I remember. Sure questionable ,hair but it was a blatant cross check leading to injury. Also Vegas had enough gifts handed to them via luck, relying on fleury, and refs never calling them for blatant penalties. They allowed 4 goals not the refs.. them overtime they got absolutely dominated while refs put the whistle away on blatant trio right before the goal was scored. Good win by sharks. Feel bad for gallant but they lost it themselves with aweful pking and fleury finally not bailing them out

Statsny did more damage than Eakins. Intent to injure though.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
A team has scored 4 goals on one PP during the playoffs before

Look who's coaching Blues ;)

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
That was the craziest game I remember. Sure questionable ,hair but it was a blatant cross check leading to injury. Also Vegas had enough gifts handed to them via luck, relying on fleury, and refs never calling them for blatant penalties. They allowed 4 goals not the refs.. them overtime they got absolutely dominated while refs put the whistle away on blatant trio right before the goal was scored. Good win by sharks. Feel bad for gallant but they lost it themselves with aweful pking and fleury finally not bailing them out

The thing I hate about the NHL playoffs is the rules magically change. You play the game a certain way for 82 games then all the sudden the rules are thrown out. Anything goes, well until the refs decide to call something after they’ve let the same thing or worse go on all game they make a chickenshit penalty call that can change the outcome of a game. If it’s a f***ing penalty in October it should be one in April, May, or June.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Blame the call all you want, but 4 goals given up in that short of time? Yeah, you need to work on that.

I've always wondered how it shows up in the box score. How do they stat sheet it? Is it considered one PP opportunity or 4? Or 5 since "only" 4 goals were scored? On one hand, you could end up with a 400% PP%. On another 100%, and on another 80%. Just wacky.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
That was bad PK by the Knights, but I thought a 5 minute major for that was a bit ridiculous.
That was a really weird call though. It was clearly a cross check by Eakin but then when Pavelski was off balance statsny decided for whatever dumb reason to push his momentum down onto the ice which caused his head to smash into it. I’d be more pissed at Statsny than Eakin.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Dougie Hamilton having a rough go. He is super soft and avoids any physical play.

Anytime I've watched this series, he's on the ice for a goal against.
Checking his offensive stats, he's doing well though

Reactions: PSLguy

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Why are Caps playing so lackadaisical? Coach not getting them up for the games? They’re clearly the better team in almost every other respect. This game 7 should not be going to OT. Watch Canes win it.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Why are Caps playing so lackadaisical? Coach not getting them up for the games? They’re clearly the better team in almost every other respect. This game 7 should not be going to OT. Watch Canes win it.

Proves your reign to the top may be longggggg but when at the top, it can be over quick. The parity/unpredictability in this league/sport is unmatched.

Reactions: Rahooji
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad