2019 playoff discussion thread-Some no name Russians played their last game in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
What does this even mean?
It means that the expansion draft seriously favored Vegas who could build a team of four second lines and three second pairings. All they needed was a coach pissed about having been dissed and they were set. (Okay that’s my interpretation, I have no idea if kellyr meant that lol)

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
That was a crock of shit and I'm upset for Vegas fans.

I guess go Canes tommorrow so we can have an all-wildcard final four because I hate every other team left in the playoffs.
Bruins - ew
Blues - literally who cares
Capitals - i don't like Ovechkin and he got his cup last year he can go
Islanders - lol i dont need to explain this

So yeah give me an Avalanche vs Stars / Blue Jackets vs Hurricanes F4 and just roll a dice.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Looks like Vegas needs to work on their PK, 4 goals even under a 5 min major penalty is an absolute joke. I'm even more amazed SJ won with the horrible goaltending they've had all season, Jones had both good and bad games.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It means that the expansion draft seriously favored Vegas who could build a team of four second lines and three second pairings. All they needed was a coach pissed about having been dissed and they were set. (Okay that’s my interpretation, I have no idea if kellyr meant that lol)

Yeah but that was a season ago now and they lost two of "big" components in Neal and Perron and made up for it by adding talent and sacrificing their BEST prospect for Stone.

When Trocheck was tripped that game 6, I instantly turned off my TV right when JT goal.

I told my wife let's go and she asked why when the game wasnt over. And I yelled I just witness absolute bullshit and knew what the outcome would be.

I would have done the same this game. That was trash.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Looks like Vegas needs to work on their PK, 4 goals even under a 5 min major penalty is an absolute joke. I'm even more amazed SJ won with the horrible goaltending they've had all season, Jones had both good and bad games.

that's true. the only reason Vegas was in this series was because of Fleury. Jones was garbage most of the games.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
they had a huge favor handed down to them by the nhl, gifting them picks and players unlike any other previous draft

even a dunce like McPhee almost got lucky last year with them, thanks to GG. They'll be in cap hell next year at least.

Yes, but that was a year ago.

Neal is gone. Perron is gone. They actually added by trading away players and prospects and had one UFA signing in Statsny.

Reaves was also via trade.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Well, think of the "inspiration" they received.

Vegas was punished for injuring Pavelski because of a dirty play (that's how the refs called it).

They were down and out and received an absolute lifeline.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I dunno man.

These playoffs have been unpredictable. I'm almost relieved we didn't make it because there would be a 25-50% chance we'd either choke, get swept, or get jobbed by the refs.

On the flipside, I love seeing the absolute chaos going on in these playoffs.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
I dunno man.

These playoffs have been unpredictable. I'm almost relieved we didn't make it because there would be a 25-50% chance we'd either choke, get swept, or get jobbed by the refs.

On the flipside, I love seeing the absolute chaos going on in these playoffs.
The way things have been going we would have been the highest ranked team going into round 3 after sweeping both Tampa and Boston only to lose against the Canes in the third round by a missed tripping call on Trocheck in the final 2 minutes of game 7 :)

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
That was the craziest game I remember. Sure questionable ,hair but it was a blatant cross check leading to injury. Also Vegas had enough gifts handed to them via luck, relying on fleury, and refs never calling them for blatant penalties. They allowed 4 goals not the refs.. them overtime they got absolutely dominated while refs put the whistle away on blatant trio right before the goal was scored. Good win by sharks. Feel bad for gallant but they lost it themselves with aweful pking and fleury finally not bailing them out

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I can only imagine the PTSD for Leaf fans if they ever see the Leafs face off against the Bruins anytime soon in the future playoffs.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad