2019 OHL Priority Selection - April 6, 2019

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Thought it was time to start a thread discussing next years draft. A place to discuss and follow along as the 03 birth year moves towards next April. Looks to be a strong draft class again this year.

Comments, top player lists, team discussions etc.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Schmidt and Lockhart are the two can't miss guys, for me, right now.

Looks to be a nice depth of players, but I don't see the same amount of high end guys that the 02s had.

Still super early though.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Will the Don Mills kid be going for EP this year? (Sorry I can’t recall his name)

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Will the Don Mills kid be going for EP this year? (Sorry I can’t recall his name)

Shane Wright. Here's hoping he gets status... because I think the Petes could be in the mix, unfortunately.

Reactions: OSA

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
From what I've read Don Mills can be really good this year too. Shane Wright and also Francesco Arcuri who played for the Marlboros last year. Saw he might go to Don Mills next year, as well as Schmidt. Don't know if any of that is true. Saw that on Elite Prospects that they might be there.

Far as some Americans Dylan Duke from Compuware is a can't miss player. Of course being an elite player in the states he's already committed to Michigan but we'll see what this next year holds. Sasha Pastujov is another good one from that Compuware team but with his older brothers going NTDP then college I doubt he goes OHL. He's committed to Notre Dame. D Luke Hughes (brother of Quinn and Jack) playing for Little Caesars is one to watch too, committed to Michigan. Tyler Gratton of the North Jersey Avs is one of the best D men in the 03 birth year south of the border. Commtted to Penn State but what I've heard is he's got all the tools on the back end.

Last edited:

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
From what I've read Don Mills can be really good this year too. Shane Wright and also Francesco Arcuri who played for the Marlboros last year. Saw he might go to Don Mills next year, as well as Schmidt. Don't know if any of that is true. Saw that on Elite Prospects that they might be there.

Far as some Americans Dylan Duke from Compuware is a can't miss player. Of course being an elite player in the states he's already committed to Michigan but we'll see what this next year holds. Sasha Pastujov is another good one from that Compuware team but with his older brothers going NTDP then college I doubt he goes OHL. He's committed to Notre Dame. D Luke Hughes (brother of Quinn and Jack) playing for Little Caesars is one to watch too, committed to Michigan. Tyler Gratton of the North Jersey Avs is one of the best D men in the 03 birth year south of the border. Commtted to Penn State but what I've heard is he's got all the tools on the back end.

I wonder if the Pastujov kid might try the OHL? I remember quite a bit of hype over Nick (I think it was), but that definitely didn’t carry over to the NHL draft. Clearly, the route the 2 older boys have taken haven’t quite paid dividends, so maybe the younger considers a different route.

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
Does anyone know if there are any Elgin Middlesex Chiefs to be watched this year?

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
Am I right in concluding that the Chiefs will be much better than last year?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

I believe so. One player that surprised me with their draft position from the 02 chiefs was Rylan Bowers. finished 4th in alliance scoring ahead of all the 3rd/4th/5th rounders in the league. Also brings a good physical game with him.

All in all, the lack of depth/competition in the alliance hurt players such as Butler, Diaco, Maggio and Onuska in the draft rankings

cd89

Jan 12, 2016
I believe so. One player that surprised me with their draft position from the 02 chiefs was Rylan Bowers. finished 4th in alliance scoring ahead of all the 3rd/4th/5th rounders in the league. Also brings a good physical game with him.

All in all, the lack of depth/competition in the alliance hurt players such as Butler, Diaco, Maggio and Onuska in the draft rankings

Chiefs will be better than a year before but the entire Alliance scene should be more competitive than last year.

Brantford, London, Windsor, Kitchener and Waterloo are all solid squads with Chatham and Elgin not far behind.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Chiefs will be better than a year before but the entire Alliance scene should be more competitive than last year.

Brantford, London, Windsor, Kitchener and Waterloo are all solid squads with Chatham and Elgin not far behind.

good to see all those teams in the mix as last season was basically just london, sun county, brantford and cambridge

Snipe0816

Jul 25, 2018
Bertelson has a skill set but doesnt compete and lacks speed and strength, any physical games you do not notice him, Elgin will be closer to a bottom team. Kyrou has a great skill set but needs to change his attitude from what I have heard. Burke kid can score flat out.

Snipe0816

Jul 25, 2018

IMO worse, lost Connors to Brantford, few back to London and 1 to Lambton.

hockeyboyz

Sep 5, 2018
hamilton 03's going to be any better this season then last - any new blood down there in the line up?? i hear 04 goalie George looked good last night in Titans tourney loss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->