2019 OHL Draft Prospects

listro

Dec 12, 2018
I don't see too much info regarding The Grey Bruce Highlanders. A few players are looking pretty good. Defenceman Darcy Scott, Goalie Ryan Wheeler and Defenceman Eddie MacLean to mention a few.

Grey-Bruce Highlanders are a decent team in a decent division. SCTA just doesn't compare in sheer talent as GTHL. The ETA probably has the next most (top) prospects. Even Alliance has good players, but are few and far between. Some of the best players currently in SCTA just don't stack up vs. GTHL players at this time.

Not trying to knock any of them, they can compete most definitely, but I wouldn't expect to see many G/BH's going in the top rounds, and as mentioned, Prospect Pipelines is doing this is some kind of ranked order.

On the Highlanders though, Aiden Yarde was my favourite player on that team. Care to tell me a bit more about him? Even the rest. Tell me your opinions on them?

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
One of the most consistent goal scorers available for the 2019 OHL Draft, with 30 goals in 31 games, is Ethan Burroughs of the SCTA's first-seed Halton Hurricanes. With elite puck skills and high-end agility, Burroughs can find the back of the net in a multitude of ways. With strong speed on the rush, Burroughs has the ability to beat defenders wide, or to cut into the middle of the ice. He displays many gears of speed and has the sense of when to effectively switch speeds. He also shows great sense of the ice by being able to slip into soft spots to make himself a dangerous passing option.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Ethan Larmand of the ETA's North Central Predators is a highly intelligent centre who brings terrific energy to the ice each shift. He is a leader by example and an offensive catalyst, displaying high-end puck skills and an elite release. Larmand is also a tremendous multi-sport athlete, capturing provincial and international championships in golf and ball hockey. He displays excellent sense of the ice and is able to process the game at a very impressive rate. Larmand's consistency brought him into the top-tier of scorers in the ETA. He was also recently selected to represent Ontario at the 2019 Canada Winter Games.

Reactions: three dog night

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Back to the Prospect Profiles after a little bit of a break for us. We're taking a closer look at Peterborough Petes' star forward, Jon-Randall Avon. One of the fastest players in this year's draft class, Avon leaves it all on the ice and brings an admirable energy level. With quick hands and a pin-point accurate shot, he was one of the most productive players in the ETA this year, registering 24 goals and 25 assists over the regular season. With excellent consistency, Avon has slowly but surely risen up the rankings this year, and is beginning to challenge as a potential 1st rounder for the 2019 OHL Draft.

Reactions: Gavin Chiasson

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
February OHL Draft Ranking: The Top-220

We've officially released our 2019 OHL Priority Selection Ranking for the month of February, and this month's edition is bigger and better than ever before. Included in February's ranking are our top-220 prospects eligible for the 2019 OHL Draft, as well as 30 honourable mentions who could surprise come Draft Day. Also featured within this month's ranking are a whopping 50 prospect profiles -- a boatload of information to digest with the Priority Selection just two months away.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA

We've officially released our 2019 OHL Priority Selection Ranking for the month of February, and this month's edition is bigger and better than ever before. Included in February's ranking are our top-220 prospects eligible for the 2019 OHL Draft, as well as 30 honourable mentions who could surprise come Draft Day. Also featured within this month's ranking are a whopping 50 prospect profiles -- a boatload of information to digest with the Priority Selection just two months away.

Curious about Caden Brown? Were do you see him ranked amongst 2019 Ohl draft eligible players. He's the son of Jeff Brown and brother of Logan Brown so I figured he could be a good prospect but I haven't heard much about him this year. Is he still considered a good prospect? Also I've read thru most of the player profiles and was curious if you have one for Dylan Gratton?

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

Thanks for the list. Would all of these players be represented by now by a player agent? Who are some of the top player agents that represent kids at this age? Do the agents sign these kids as amateurs as an investment with the hopes that they develop into pro players? Interested in the business side of things.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
People are sleeping on Jacob Holmes, he's gonna be really good at the next level. I could see him being a 2nd rounder

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
People are sleeping on Jacob Holmes, he's gonna be really good at the next level. I could see him being a 2nd rounder
Agreed, he plays a solid two-way game and is strong defensively as well. At the moment we view him as a third-to-fourth round pick, but he could very well rise into the second-round based on various team needs and perceptions. Thanks for your comment.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Curious about Caden Brown? Were do you see him ranked amongst 2019 Ohl draft eligible players. He's the son of Jeff Brown and brother of Logan Brown so I figured he could be a good prospect but I haven't heard much about him this year. Is he still considered a good prospect? Also I've read thru most of the player profiles and was curious if you have one for Dylan Gratton?
Caden Brown is certainly a strong prospect. He's committed to the University of Wisconsin and could be nabbed by an OHL franchise if they feel as though he'll report in the years ahead. As far as Gratton goes, we haven't written a profile yet but he's the next up on our list. We're currently working our way through a number of US-born prospects in order to provide a more comprehensive overview of this season's class. Look for Gratton's profile in the next week or so!

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Although he's committed to the University of Denver, Jack Devine of the HPHL's Chicago Mission is an insanely creative forward eligible for the 2019 OHL Draft who is defined by his playmaking abilities and work-ethic both on and off of the ice. This past season, Devine notched 40 points in a mere 20 games played -- a mark which led the HPHL by a wide margin and solidified his stance as one of North America's top 2003-born prospects.

Check out his full profile, here:

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
The 2002-born rookie class is dominating the OHL this season, as a number of former GTHL, ETA, SCTA, and HPHL prospects have quickly become offensive catalysts with their new teams. Although this post doesn't relate to the 2019 OHL Priority Selection specifically, it offers up a solid summary of this year's OHL rookie class and how eight individual prospects have fared in their rookie seasons following the 2018 Priority Selection.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The 2002-born rookie class is dominating the OHL this season, as a number of former GTHL, ETA, SCTA, and HPHL prospects have quickly become offensive catalysts with their new teams. Although this post doesn't relate to the 2019 OHL Priority Selection specifically, it offers up a solid summary of this year's OHL rookie class and how eight individual prospects have fared in their rookie seasons following the 2018 Priority Selection.

Nice write up but fyi your Will Cuylle picture is actually a picture of Luka Henault # 43 a defensmen for the Spits.

Reactions: Prospect Pipeline

moko00

Dec 24, 2007

Nice list but the 2 Euros are not 2002's. Kind of a misleading title.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Our latest player report ahead of the 2019 OHL Draft profiles Dylan Hudon of the SCTA's Guelph Jr. Gryphons. Although of a smaller stature, Hudon features a tireless engine and is one of the most energetic players eligible for the upcoming Priority Selection. A swift playmaker who can also score goals, Hudon could prove to be a clever pick up by an OHL franchise late in the 2019 OHL Draft.

GloryDays

Feb 15, 2019
Grey-Bruce Highlanders are a decent team in a decent division. SCTA just doesn't compare in sheer talent as GTHL. The ETA probably has the next most (top) prospects. Even Alliance has good players, but are few and far between. Some of the best players currently in SCTA just don't stack up vs. GTHL players at this time.

Not trying to knock any of them, they can compete most definitely, but I wouldn't expect to see many G/BH's going in the top rounds, and as mentioned, Prospect Pipelines is doing this is some kind of ranked order.

On the Highlanders though, Aiden Yarde was my favourite player on that team. Care to tell me a bit more about him? Even the rest. Tell me your opinions on them?

I'm going to bite on this. Some of our players have been mentioned by PP so just want to pay it forward and highlight a few players of this little known team.

The Highlanders are regional team that play out of a small town of a few hundred in an old barn with undersized ice. I don't think they're too followed due to their location but they are a hard working plucky team with some decent players.

Yes, Yarde is a good player. He's a solid body who powers to the net front where he gets most of his scoring chances. Has a quick release and hard shot. Also a physical player.

Maclean is mentioned by PP as an Honorable Mention. He's a large bodied, smooth skating defenceman. Lots of potential I think when he learns to pick his spots and find the open man with accurate passing.

They have a core group of speedy, skilled forwards including Hinsberger, Moore, Gibbons and Eurig. Like I said all skilled but the team just doesn't seem to play to the sum of its parts. Maybe need more structure? Of those forwards Moore is intriguing. Has very quick first few strides and handles the puck well at high speeds. Also has a decent shot. His biggest asset may be his versatility. Our last game against them saw him play every position. Normally a centre I think. When he's on D, he uses his speed to get back quickly, then is composed when handling the puck. Can make quick, accurate passes to move the puck or use his speed to skate the puck up the ice. Has solid shot from point on power play or can distribute to open players.

They also have two quality tenders who regularly keep them in games. I think one is mentioned in PP Top 20, Garvie maybe?

Anyway, their season is now over. They always played us tough and seemed to have our number. Good luck to all the players in the SCTA whose season is now over and to those that still have their eyes on the prize. Have a good family day weekend all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prospect Pipeline

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
On another note...does OHL Central Scouting ever release their rankings to the public?
Not to our knowledge, no. The League does release a Priority Selection Preview Guide ahead of the draft, within which they highlight and profile a number of prospects they view (unofficially) as the top within the class. We'll post a link to last year's guide below so you have an idea of what to expect ahead of the 2019 OHL Priority Selection.

2018 OHL Priority Selection Preview Guide – Ontario Hockey League

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
As promised, here is our OHL Prospect Profile for Dylan Gratton of the T1EHL's North Jersey Avalanche.

One of the most lethal two-way defenders in the 2003-born class, Gratton is an exceptional skater who is consistently deadly at both ends of the ice. Although he's committed to Penn State and will need at bolster his 6-foot, 160-pound frame, Gratton should hear his name called by an OHL team come the 2019 OHL Priority Selection regardless owing to his sky-high potential and devastating puck-skills.

otwinner

Jun 30, 2006
Toronto
Having watched most of the young men playing in the GTHL, I find this list extremely biased towards the top 5-6 teams. I see many players who would easily be listed inside the top 50 skaters if they played for Don Mills or the Marlboros etc.. there’s a few kids on the HM list that should and will get drafted way above their ranking. Without mentioning any specific players, I see 3-4 who could get drafted in rounds 3-5 easily and be extremely talented players at the next level, especially a few of the D on that list. Good luck to all these young players as they continue to chase their dreams and I hope the scouts are watching some of these bottom feeders cause that’s where you’ll find the real talent. These are the kids that are playing without the “superstar” and making their teams better.

Reactions: Jockularity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->