2019 OHL Draft Prospects

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Back to adding some Prospect Profiles again as we prepare to release our 2019 OHL Draft Ranking: December's Top 100 by next week. Today, we take a closer look at Whitby Wildcats star, Brenden Sirizzotti. A dynamic winger, he has been consistently performing at a high level since the season began. One of our top performers from the 2018 Silver Stick, Sirizzotti is a highly-skilled prospect with high-end vision and puck skills. He has quickly become the offensive catalyst for the Wildcats and he is piling up points in the ETA at a higher rate than Quinton Byfield did in his OHL draft year.

OHL Prospect Profile: Brenden Sirizzotti

Reactions: Uncle

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Sasha Pastujov is an incredibly talented winger with elite puck skills and processing capacity of the game. Named as the MVP of the Whitby Silver Stick Tournament, Pastujov displays impressive vision in the offensive zone as well as a quick and accurate wrist shot. A University of Notre Dame commit, Pastujov is a a top-five talent for the 2019 OHL Draft whose full profile can be read here:

OHL Prospect Profile: Sasha Pastujov

Reactions: Uncle

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
2019 OHL Draft Ranking

Today we've unleashed our OHL Draft ranking for the month of December.

In this month's edition, we feature the top-100 prospects eligible for the 2019 OHL Priority Selection, and offer up 20 honourable mentions as well. Further, you can find links to more than 30 prospect profiles enclosed!

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
2019 OHL Draft Ranking

Today we've unleashed our OHL Draft ranking for the month of December.

In this month's edition, we feature the top-100 prospects eligible for the 2019 OHL Priority Selection, and offer up 20 honourable mentions as well. Further, you can find links to more than 30 prospect profiles enclosed!

Thanks for posting.......

Caught the Alliance all star game this weekend. Sikic, Goure and Laforme all stood out. Hipkin has amazing vision and edge work. Dewbury from London had a good game and impressive size. Harrison had a filthy OT shootout goal. Way played well and Callens didn’t really stand out.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Do you think Wright will get exceptional status?
I believe so, yes. Plenty of factors go into the decision, but he's only born 5 days into 2004, making it less of a stretch for him to join the OHL a year early. His play has also warranted Exceptional Status, as he's been consistently dominant throughout the year, including GTHL play and at all major tournaments thus far as well. There's really no reason for him not to be in the league next season.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for posting.......

Caught the Alliance all star game this weekend. Sikic, Goure and Laforme all stood out. Hipkin has amazing vision and edge work. Dewbury from London had a good game and impressive size. Harrison had a filthy OT shootout goal. Way played well and Callens didn’t really stand out.
It was definitely a valuable game to attend. The Alliance has been especially interesting this year, there's lots of high value players there that will be available in the middle rounds. Sikic, Daigle, and Goure have been especially impressive of late, but you're right on Callens. He's a player at risk of falling a few spots in our opinion, but there's still plenty of time to go his year. Should be fun to watch how these guys continue to play.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Another top American prospect for the 2019 OHL Draft is Dylan Duke. A teammate of Sasha Pastujov on Detroit Compuware's 16U team, Duke is the leader and the workhorse of the team's top line. An efficient skater, Duke displays impressive offensive instincts and vision as a playmaker, as well as a powerful and accurate wrist shot. Perhaps most intriguing is Duke's ability as a two-way centre, showing an excellent work ethic in the defensive zone and along the boards in order to force turnovers and drive the play back up ice. Duke is a University of Michigan commit, making his final OHL Draft position questionable.

OHL Prospect Profile: Dylan Duke

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I believe so, yes. Plenty of factors go into the decision, but he's only born 5 days into 2004, making it less of a stretch for him to join the OHL a year early. His play has also warranted Exceptional Status, as he's been consistently dominant throughout the year, including GTHL play and at all major tournaments thus far as well. There's really no reason for him not to be in the league next season.
Is he going to apply? May be concern from his camp on where he would end up playing.

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
@Prospect Pipeline and/or any other experts here, I am hoping to take in some games at the Gold Puck Tournament in Kitchener/Waterloo this weekend. It doesn't look like there are many top end GTHL or OMHA teams in this age group participating but I'm wondering if there are any must watch teams/players? I'm seeing a lot of buzz around Compuware who are in the tournament, here is a full list of the teams:
upload_2018-12-5_11-31-14.png

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
@Prospect Pipeline and/or any other experts here, I am hoping to take in some games at the Gold Puck Tournament in Kitchener/Waterloo this weekend. It doesn't look like there are many top end GTHL or OMHA teams in this age group participating but I'm wondering if there are any must watch teams/players? I'm seeing a lot of buzz around Compuware who are in the tournament, here is a full list of the teams:
View attachment 161813

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

There's actually a good amount of top end guys for you to see

Deni Goure-Chatham Kent, Soo Thunderbirds-Jack Matier, Kitchener-Sikic, Sop, Crans, Sudbury-A whole mess of mid round guys, very deep team, Waterloo-Cooper Way, Kyle Maloney, Toronto Jr Canadiens have an interesting under ager in Ty Nelson.

I'd try to catch Kitchener, Sudbury and get a look at Deni Goure and Jack Matier, if I were you.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Oh and Compuware had a lot of buzz at the Silver Stick because they brought a few of their higher end 03s down from the U16 team to play with the U15 team. I kind of doubt that'll happen for this tournament.

Reactions: 1967th Heaven

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
There's actually a good amount of top end guys for you to see

Deni Goure-Chatham Kent, Soo Thunderbirds-Jack Matier, Kitchener-Sikic, Sop, Crans, Sudbury-A whole mess of mid round guys, very deep team, Waterloo-Cooper Way, Kyle Maloney, Toronto Jr Canadiens have an interesting under ager in Ty Nelson.

I'd try to catch Kitchener, Sudbury and get a look at Deni Goure and Jack Matier, if I were you.

Oh and Compuware had a lot of buzz at the Silver Stick because they brought a few of their higher end 03s down from the U16 team to play with the U15 team. I kind of doubt that'll happen for this tournament.

Thank you!

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Liam Arnsby of the Don Mills Flyers is a strong winger with an admirable compete-level. Dishing out booming body checks to separate opponents from the puck, Arnsby plays an enthusiastic physical game and is surprisingly strong on his feet despite a modest 5'10" frame. He also has promising offensive upside, with a heavy shot and elite-level sense and vision of the ice, Arnsby consistently creates scoring chances and excels in the cycle game below the dots. After an injury sidelined him early in the season, Arnsby is back with a vengeance and only seems to be improving game-by-game.

OHL Prospect Profile: Liam Arnsby

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Seen some very impressive 04s in the Alliance this year. Though this is a solid year for the Alliance, I think next year will be better.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Yeah, I like Arnsby quite a bit. Arnsby and Pinelli give me very little pause in projecting their futures. Both seems like sure fire bets to be productive OHLers, where a bunch of the other top end guys give me pause for one reason or another.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
IMO, it's an average draft. It really lacks the high end forwards the 02s provided, but it's a nice top 10 and there's a few very high end Dmen available.

Strong year for Ottawa area prospects, bolsters it.

puckdaddy24

Oct 29, 2018
For the US players, its a matter of who will play in the OHL. Especially top-end Detroit players, MN players & players from out east. NCAA (via USHL) has a huge grip on these guys.

Reactions: Prospect Pipeline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad