2019 OHL Draft Prospects

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Ryan Del Monte is an intelligent, highly skilled centre who regularly churns out highlight reel goals for the Toronto Young Nationals. The Harvard commit processes the game well and is a natural goal-scorer with hands and vision to boot. He turns defenders inside out with ease, utilizing his combination of agility, elusiveness, and quick and creative hands. Del Monte is always looking for an opportunity to create offence, and can read the ice instantaneously in order to slip behind the sight of defenders to make himself a passing option. He projects as a second round pick for the 2019 OHL Draft, although his NCAA commitment may alter his final destination.

OHL Prospect Profile: Ryan Del Monte

Reactions: LDN

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Ethan Del Mastro is an incredibly reliable defenceman for the GTHL's Toronto Marlboros. With tremendous positional awareness, size, and strength, Del Mastro is not a fun defender to go up against. He maintains efficient gaps and forces opponents into the wall and corner using good stick positioning and eye-catching physical play. Del Mastro is a smooth skater with great lower body strength, and has shown flashes of offence too. From the blue line, he distributes the puck effectively and displays smart shot selection.

OHL Prospect Profile: Ethan Del Mastro

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Our second goaltender profile of the 2018-19 GTHL season examines the stellar and consistent play of Toronto Red Wings netminder Joshua Rosenzweig. Boasting solid size, excellent positional play, and stunning reflexes, Rosenzweig brings a calm and composed game to his crease and is also an exceptional puck-handler to boot. In short, he's one of the 2019 OHL Priority Selection's top goaltenders.

OHL Prospect Profile: Joshua Rosenzweig

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
As we reach the mid-way point of November, it's time to take another stab at the 2019 OHL Cup Rankings. Follwoing a highly competitive past month of hockey, there has been a tremendous amount of fluctuation among Ontario's Minor Midget standings. In fact, 4 teams that were included in October's Ranking has completely fallen out of the top-10 for November, leaving the door open for 4 new teams who have shown high-end potential and have continues to grow strong as the year has grown on. Here is November's OHL Cup Ranking: Top-10.

2019 OHL Cup Ranking: November’s Top-10

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Heading back to the Ottawa region today to take a look at a very unappreciated prospect. Kaleb Lawrence of OHA Maroon is a dynamic centre with tremendous size and strength. Standing at 6'5", 202 pounds, Lawrence has all the traits to be a successful power forward at the next level, with offensive instincts and flair to boot. Displaying eye-catching puck skills, the Ottawa native can make defenders look silly and shows excellent finishing ability in tight. A physically dominant player, Lawrence's offensive production has rivalled and even surpassed the likes of Connor Lockhart and Mason McTavish thus far.

OHL Prospect Profile: Kaleb Lawrence

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Marc Boudreau is a talented and physical winger for the Toronto Marlboros who has proven to be a consistent offensive contributor. Standing at 6'1", he regularly uses his body to force turnover and separate opponents from the puck. A hound on the cycle, Boudreau displays excellent instincts below the dots to slide into soft spots where he can catch goaltenders between lateral movements. He showcases impressive puck skills as well, most notably in the net-front area where he can deflect pucks, hunt rebounds, or dangle goaltenders. Quickly becoming one of the offensive leaders on the Marlies, Boudreau is a player who be effective at both ends of the ice.

OHL Prospect Profile: Marc Boudreau

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
I am going out on a limb but I can see 5 Don Mills players going in the top 15, maybe top 10.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Today we take a look at a common question across Ontario this year, "Who is the greatest threat to the Don Mills Flyers' Perfect Season?" This has been a greatly debated topic of late, as the Flyers have stretched their win streak to 34 games in the 2018-19 campaign. We dive into the 5 greatest threats who could potentially upset Don Mills and snap their perfect record. Luckily for us, the International Silver Stick is taking place this weekend, making one of these matchups very likely within the coming week. Give us your thoughts as well, who do you think will break up the Don Mills Flyers' perfect season?

5 Greatest Threats to the Don Mills Flyers’ Perfect Season

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Was going to say before I read it that if Compuware has their best 03’s it’d be interesting. I didn’t see if anyone mentioned this yet but what’s your thoughts on Dylan Gratton of the North Jersey Avalanche? After the USA Select 15’s this summer he was my favorite 03 D over Aidan Hreschuk of the LA Jr Kings. Really really smooth D man

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Haven't seen Saganiuk yet, but based on guys i've seen, i'd take Brandt Clarke first over all and then laugh.

Saganiuk is a highly skilled player with the Pens Elite U16 team. They have a fair amount of 03’s I’d like to see play with an already talented 15’s team too. Saganiuk has a motor that not many can keep up with and has elite hands to boot. Only flaw is he can over handle the puck at times. Jackson Morehouse is really good on that team too. Along with defenseman Carter Schade. Schade can really move the puck and is hard to beat 1 on 1

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
The 2019 OHL Priority Selection will be loaded with high-end forwards and defencemen, but what about goaltenders?

Often overlooked and under-appreciated, goaltenders carry immense value as prospects and feature the unique ability to steal wins for their team on a nightly basis. With this being said, here's an in-depth analysis of five of the best goaltenders competing in the GTHL this season who are eligible of the 2019 OHL Draft. Although they may not be household names, these five netminders are players you'll want to follow this season.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Man is Sasha Pastujov ever good... would be in the talks for first overall if he decided on OHL

Reactions: NTDP

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Agreed, that deke he threw on the Toronto Young Nationals goalie was unreal. Keep an eye on two 04’s that are playing up in this tournament - #91 Seamus Casey who some scouts say he’s the best 04 in the US. Thought he stood out before I realized who he was vs Quinte. And Tyler Duke on D who is already committed to Norte Dame

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Today, we've profiled Stuart Rolofs of the HEO's Kanata Lasers. As one of the 2019 OHL Priority Selection's top goal-scorers, Rolofs features an electric release alongside substantial size and skating strength. Although he would do well to diversify his game, Rolofs stands tall as an elite OHL Draft-eligible goal-scorer.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Hi everyone. In case you weren't able to be in Whitby this past weekend, here is a quick period-by-period recap of the Whitby Silver Stick Tournament's Championship game between Don Mills and Detroit Compuware. Pastujov was impressive, yet it was inconsistencies within the Flyers' team play which led to their first defeat of the season.

We'll have more insight and coverage of the tournament in the coming days, too.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
I like Pastujov, but I don't see the high end potential others are seeing. I liked the 04s on the team a little better.
Agreed. Tyler Duke plays an extremely mature and dynamic game despite his age, and could have greater potential than his brother Dylan.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Weren’t his brothers great in there steady years to? Don’t think they panned out

Michael, No. Nick put up good numbers in his minor midget year as the captain of Honeybaked and ended up getting drafted by the Islanders and is now a point per game at Michigan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad