2019 OHL Draft Prospects

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Haven't seen Saganiuk yet, but based on guys i've seen, i'd take Brandt Clarke first over all and then laugh.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
We're heading back to the GTHL today and the Mississauga Reps for our latest OHL prospect profile. Although they aren't the strongest team this season, the Reps feature a strong two-way defender in Jack Budd. While he isn't a flashy player by any means, Budd is a purposeful player who can make an impact on the outcome a given game from his perch on the blue line.

OHL Prospect Profile: Jack Budd

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Up next is Jesse Fishman of the Mississauga Rebels, a tireless skater and offensive force who can be counted upon to drive his team's offensive on a game by game basis. Although he'll need to improve his shot and balance in the coming years, Fishman projects to be made a second round pick in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection.

OHL Prospect Profile: Jesse Fishman

Reactions: OSA and Petes

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
Absolutely. We've profiled Mason McTavish and Connor Lockhart so far, and have four more lined up from HEO as well as five more scheduled from GNML within the next month or so.

I m curious who the "we" is that you keep stating . How come there is no information about who's scouting under the Prospect Pipeline heading on your website?

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
While we're in the GTHL, let's also analyze the growing game of Toronto Young Nationals defenceman Deven Nagra.

Standing 6-foot-1 and 195-pounds, Nagra already boasts OHL-level size and is amongst the GTHL's best skating defencemen. While his offensive game is growing, his play is eerily similar to that of Edmonton Oilers defenceman Darnell Nurse.

OHL Prospect Profile: Deven Nagra

Reactions: OSA

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
I m curious who the "we" is that you keep stating . How come there is no information about who's scouting under the Prospect Pipeline heading on your website?
We like to use the term "we" because our scouting staff is extremely small. In fact, it's limited to our founders at this point in time. Although we will always take a team-based approach to our work, once we grow and add a larger scouting staff, their efforts and contributions will undoubtedly be recognized on the website as well as through social media.

Reactions: OSA

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Well, it's officially November. With that comes another edition of our 2019 OHL Draft Rankings. October allowed for an excellent look into the longevity and consistency of Ontario's top Minor Midget teams and players, as well as one of the year's major tournament; the Wendy Dufton Memorial.

Heading into the new month, we've outlined our Top-60 Skaters at this point in time, along with 10 additional honourable mentions. Also included is a mini-segment surrounding 3 Players on the Rise, who utilized an extremely productive month of October to substantially boost their drafts stock.

2019 OHL Draft Ranking: November’s Top-60

Reactions: OSA and hockeynorth

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
We like to use the term "we" because our scouting staff is extremely small. In fact, it's limited to our founders at this point in time. Although we will always take a team-based approach to our work, once we grow and add a larger scouting staff, their efforts and contributions will undoubtedly be recognized on the website as well as through social media.
good job avoiding answering the question of who you guys are....

I take issue with people critiquing young teenagers without taking ownership and telling us who they are. Shaddy

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
good job avoiding answering the question of who you guys are....

I take issue with people critiquing young teenagers without taking ownership and telling us who they are. Shaddy
Meh do you like the content? Is it fairly accurate? That’s all I want ..”critiquing young teenagers” has really nothing to do with it seems all positive they aren’t carving kids that aren’t worthy don’t you think?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Meh do you like the content? Is it fairly accurate? That’s all I want ..”critiquing young teenagers” has really nothing to do with it seems all positive they aren’t carving kids that aren’t worthy don’t you think?

i agree with you 100 percent, for the most part is all positive and not much negatives. you can argue the rankings and whatever but its free so who cares. i do find it odd that they didnt answer the question thou, i had no concerns about who they were until he completely dodged the question. why hide?

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018

I think it’s importang. And see no reason to not answer the question unless hiding something.

No reason not to disclose the jdentity. I have a sneaking suspicion it could be run by an agency trying to boost their players. Clearing the air eliminates any question of integrity/credibility.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Having seen most of the guys listed-The rankings aren't far off from mine. I don't see any suspicious placements.

Looks like good work to me.

Reactions: aresknights

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
How is a guy posting on hfboards going to drive anyone’s ranking up or down. Sheesh

I for one really appreciate this content and hope it continues, and if they prefer to remain anonymous then that’s fine by me

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
I think it’s importang. And see no reason to not answer the question unless hiding something.

No reason not to disclose the jdentity. I have a sneaking suspicion it could be run by an agency trying to boost their players. Clearing the air eliminates any question of integrity/credibility.
Prospect Pipeline is founded by Brett and Devin Slawson, both former Writers with The Hockey Writers. At the moment, we are the only two individuals scouting and producing content for the website. We have no reason to hide our identity, yet no reason to promote it either -- we'd rather focus on promoting talented young players than ourselves is all.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Prospect Pipeline is founded by Brett and Devin Slawson, both former Writers with The Hockey Writers. At the moment, we are the only two individuals scouting and producing content for the website. We have no reason to hide our identity, yet no reason to promote it either -- we'd rather focus on promoting talented young players than ourselves is all.
All good you didn’t need to do that but I’m sure traghip appreciates it...keep up the good work although everyone differs in opinions it gives those that can’t get out and watch a lot of games a real who’s who!

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Really appreciate the content, thanks for your guys hard work!

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

why would an agency run and out time into something like that when they can just call a team? that doesn’t make any sense

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

I get that you really didn’t need to do that but good for you, now those guys who want to rip you for bias or whatever dont have a leg to stand on, no questions asked now. thanks for the articles and rankings, im a draft nerd (every draft really) so I appreciate it, good job

Reactions: Prospect Pipeline

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Moving North into the HEO today, we take a closer look at Owen Watson, a premier goal-scorer for the Smiths Falls Bears. Watson has been consistently dynamic on a mediocre team this year, keeping up with in terms of production with the highly-touted Mason McTavish and Connor Lockhart. Watson displays a pro-level shot with an electric release and impressive strength. A hound on the puck, he shows off tremendous puck skills under pressure and can protect the puck in a variety of ways. Watson is a very intelligent prospect who reads, processes, and adapts to the game at great rates. He projects as a 2nd round talent for the 2019 OHL Draft.

OHL Prospect Profile: Owen Watson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad