2019 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Karlsson at 10 >>> fowler at 6.5

Like i said its not realistic... but karlsson is basically exactly what this team needs
He had ONE even strength goal this year, 22 of his 45 points (of which 20 were assists) were on the PP where he was paired with Burns, and he was 5th in +/- for their regular defensemen. He’s better. He’s not 4M better. Especially not the way this team is constructed.

He’s not the guy he was pre-heel injury.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He had ONE even strength goal this year, 22 of his 45 points (of which 20 were assists) were on the PP where he was paired with Burns, and he was 5th in +/- for their regular defensemen. He’s better. He’s not 4M better. Especially not the way this team is constructed.

He’s not the guy he was pre-heel injury.
He really is...
Fowler put up 6 points as our main pp guy... 6. So ek put up 16 more points in less games on pp, while comin back from significant injury.

He had 23 points at ES.... oddly enough thats the same # of points cam had in total.

+/- is dumb but cause you brought it up ek being 5th in +/-, fowler was 6th(technically worse but ill only count 6).

I get it you think some people are hard on little cam... but hes really just not as good as some of you like to pretend

PaddyMcStackin

Goalier Than Thou
Apr 18, 2018
I can't imagine the Ducks signing a big name this offseason. I get the feeling that next season will be the metaphorical fork in the road between trying to compete with the current roster or go full rebuild. A major contract would complicate matters if the talent declines.

Plus, I'd like to see how the team reacts to a new coach does.

Selfishly, I'd like to see Skinner, as he brings the speed, skill and finish the Ducks have lacked the past couple seasons.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He really is...
Fowler put up 6 points as our main pp guy... 6. So ek put up 16 more points in less games on pp, while comin back from significant injury.

He had 23 points at ES.... oddly enough thats the same # of points cam had in total.

+/- is dumb but cause you brought it up ek being 5th in +/-, fowler was 6th(technically worse but ill only count 6).

I get it you think some people are hard on little cam... but hes really just not as good as some of you like to pretend

I brought up +/- because you’re acting like he can carry the team. He managed that +/- while playing with Burns. His PP points were from playing with Burns and his 7G and 28A. Show me the PP weapons Fowler got to play with?

Larsson<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Burns

You’re going to bring up Karlsson’s serious injury then pretend Fowler was healthy? Fowler had to get over the shoulder injury last spring then had his face shattered mid-season. He also played for RC. That’s worth -10 points all by itself. And he played all of 6 extra games.

I don’t think Fowler is all that good. I think he is a 2 who played like a 3 for much of this year, and who can peak as a 1 at times. I also think that the organization has done an abysmal job getting complementary partners for him who wouldn’t be 6-7 guys if they weren’t with him, and would like to see how he would look next to a legit mid or top-pairing guy (much less another Norris winner).

Karlsson is significantly better. He’s also significantly slower than he was before that foot injury, not young, and is clearly dealing with another lower body injury. I think he’s not worth 10-12 (and he’s not signing here for 10 so let’s stop pretending). I also think that his injuries are significantly more risky to his skating that Fowler’s are, and that he’s Perry/Kesler on that contract.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Before his injury and the playoffs I thought that EK would look for Doughty type money ($11 million for 8 years). I think that he has hurt his cause by trying to play while obviously still injured and not being effective. I still see some team offering him 8 years for $10 - 11 million. I don't think that the Ducks are going to offer any player that kind of money, particularly with Kesler, Perry, and Getzlaf still on the books.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I don't even know why this discussion is taking place because, like it or not, Fowler isn't going anywhere. The organization clearly values him highly and he can only be traded to 3 teams.

That's not even getting into how bad of an idea Karlsson is with the way he is playing and the kind of money he'll be looking for.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
One of these days the Ducks will find the right partner for Cam. And then he will show us all how great he is. Stop it.
Hes on decline, he was good with beauch and despres.... i felt like the changes in the nhl should have helped a player like fowler... but for whstever reason it didnt.

Could be lack of confidence, im ok seein how he looks w/ new coach but if hes the fowler from last 2 years we need to move on.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't even know why this discussion is taking place because, like it or not, Fowler isn't going anywhere. The organization clearly values him highly and he can only be traded to 3 teams.

That's not even getting into how bad of an idea Karlsson is with the way he is playing and the kind of money he'll be looking for.
Cause its a discussion board... half the stuff discussed isnt going to happen. Doesnt mean we cant or shouldnt discuss

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I brought up +/- because you’re acting like he can carry the team. He managed that +/- while playing with Burns. His PP points were from playing with Burns and his 7G and 28A. Show me the PP weapons Fowler got to play with?

Larsson<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Burns

You’re going to bring up Karlsson’s serious injury then pretend Fowler was healthy? Fowler had to get over the shoulder injury last spring then had his face shattered mid-season. He also played for RC. That’s worth -10 points all by itself. And he played all of 6 extra games.

I don’t think Fowler is all that good. I think he is a 2 who played like a 3 for much of this year, and who can peak as a 1 at times. I also think that the organization has done an abysmal job getting complementary partners for him who wouldn’t be 6-7 guys if they weren’t with him, and would like to see how he would look next to a legit mid or top-pairing guy (much less another Norris winner).

Karlsson is significantly better. He’s also significantly slower than he was before that foot injury, not young, and is clearly dealing with another lower body injury. I think he’s not worth 10-12 (and he’s not signing here for 10 so let’s stop pretending). I also think that his injuries are significantly more risky to his skating that Fowler’s are, and that he’s Perry/Kesler on that contract.
There is only 1.5 years between them.
. Id be willing to bet karlsson is much better player over the next 7 years.

Again its not realistic that we get karlsson, but he is exactly what we need. I think we should trade fowler before he becomes our new kesler/perry

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Hes on decline, he was good with beauch and despres.... i felt like the changes in the nhl should have helped a player like fowler... but for whstever reason it didnt.

Could be lack of confidence, im ok seein how he looks w/ new coach but if hes the fowler from last 2 years we need to move on.
Completely agree.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

maybe having to play under Randy under the last two seasons, who made all our defensemen look worse had something to do with it...

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Again its not realistic that we get karlsson, but he is exactly what we need. I think we should trade fowler before he becomes our new kesler/perry
maybe, but he won't be 4-5 million dollars better, especially if his nagging groin injury keeps happening or he hurts his heel again.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

I agree he will likely be better. I sincerely doubt he will be twice as good though, which is about where that contract would probably land with us.

It’s hard to move a 6.5M bad contract. It’s ansolutely impossible to move a 10 figure bad contract.

Like you said though, it’s not happening. If we are talking realistically, I think what the team needs is a legit mid-pairing guy. I have no faith in any of Dotchin/Larsson/Guhle/Mahura playing those minutes.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
If you really want Karlsson, Wild Bill is an upcoming UFA, and I think Anaheim needs another good forward more than a defenseman.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Yes they are. Even your hero RC didn’t want to play them. But I agree the others are not any better. Hence me agreeing with you that I would like BM to acquire what you described in your earlier post.
I've already said I wasnt a fan of the way Carlyle coached this season and Dotchin was the best of the bottom pairing.
Name a realistic option that's available?

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I've already said I wasnt a fan of the way Carlyle coached this season and Dotchin was the best of the bottom pairing.
Name a realistic option that's available?

I have no idea but I do know those two guys are scrubs and I’m pretty confident neither will play many games in the NHL next season.

I know you love the scrappy players so I’m all ears as to who you think the Ducks can realistically get as a tough 5/6 dman who can actually play hockey and is not a scrub like Schenn and Dotchin. Again I agree with you that a tough player is needed but I want you to name some players that the Ducks can get for that role instead of just simply labeling anyone who questions you.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I have no idea but I do know those two guys are scrubs and I’m pretty confident neither will play many games in the NHL next season.

I know you love the scrappy players so I’m all ears as to who you think the Ducks can realistically get as a tough 5/6 dman who can actually play hockey and is not a scrub like Schenn and Dotchin. Again I agree with you that a tough player is needed but I want you to name some players that the Ducks can get for that role instead of just simply labeling anyone who questions you.
Adam McQuaid but I doubt Murray spends that much. You're talking about a #6 you're not gonna get a Manson clone or Nurse
Realistically Dotchin worked for this team
He's cheap, he hits, he's young, he has upside Tampa protected him during the draft
He was a - 4
Better than Manson, Fowler, and Lindholm

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I guess we will have to disagree about him. He obviously has some demons and I don’t think he will even be around much in the NHL next season.

And +\- is not a great stat unless you really are trying to say Dotchin is better than Manson, Fowler, and Lindholm?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I can't see it being too busy of an off season. The team's in transition, not much money to play with until the big 3 are off the books and Murray doesn't really get into free agency a whole lot. I could see Rakell going, I suspect he was one of the main culprits Murray was referring to with his whole hurt or injured rant. Maybe Henrique too now that gears have shifted a bit. Not sure what happens on D but you'd think they'll want to give maybe both Larsson and Guhle a real shot, although neither will need waivers. I could see them take a flier on a guy like Alex Petrovic to fill a bottom pairing spot, not a lot of right handed options out there, or maybe bring in a vet like Coburn if they don't care about handedness. Gudas is also a guy in could see Murray covering on the trade market, but I've thought that for a while now and obviously nothing's materialized.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I can't see us making any real investment in a 4th D this year since it's a bit of a transitional year and there is another expansion draft coming. I see us bargain binning for some pieces that might fit at most.

My real question is what do people here think we're going to do on RW? Perry, Silf, Kase, Terry and Sprong all deserve playing time. What do you think we'll do?

Sprong plus the 9th to move up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad