NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'm fairly certain that the Celtics would not have taken him anyway but do you think Josh Jackson has any regrets about not working out for Boston before the 2017 NBA Draft ????

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Raptors had their media day yesterday I believe. Going to be Siakam's team now. I think the team makes the playoffs this year and probably wins a round in the playoffs but that'll probably be it for them.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm fairly certain that the Celtics would not have taken him anyway but do you think Josh Jackson has any regrets about not working out for Boston before the 2017 NBA Draft ????

How bad does one have to be that even the Memphis Grizzlies tell you you're not needed on the roster. Wow.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Crazy story. Morey's job is reportedly on the line because of his tweet.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If Tillman fires Morey over that he's a damn fool. Morey is one of the best in the business and a team will easily pick him up to run their org if it comes to it.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Roman Fell

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

There was talk they'd let him walk next summer but after winning the LOB, it'd be hard too. Even tho they may not make the finals again, he's the core of the franchise and is being rewarded as such. Still leaves a max slot for 2021 and lets a franchise legend play on. Makes sense for them to make a playoff run the next 2 years, more revenue and a chance to build for the summer of 2021. Then if they strike out, blow it up and re start.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Kobe is the only athlete in any sport that can win 1 MVP (which arguably shouldn’t have even went to him) and be called an undisputed GOAT candidate :laugh:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Kobe is the only athlete in any sport that can win 1 MVP (which arguably shouldn’t have even went to him) and be called an undisputed GOAT candidate :laugh:
he was robbed of the MVP in 06 and 07

giving him the MVP in 08 was the league's way of saying sorry

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Well not saying its his reason but with recent events, a lot of people are livid at Silver & the league. He talks about how he likes players speaking out but goes into fetal position when a GM makes a his views known, said views are pretty much agreed upon by all of the western world. Pretty much made it clear as long as you pay the NBA a bunch of money you can do whatever you want and they will turn a blind eye.

Their whole "speaking out for equality" thing has blown up. Whatever, they look stupid now and have no room to talk.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
this is the ugliest look for a professional sports league...ever?
the NBA is all about its wokeness & its social conscience, until they'll lose money for it
it's doubly bad since the Rockets owner has had no problems in the past making clear political statements in/to the press. The utterly tone-deaf comments from the Brooklyn owner don't help either. I wouldn't blame anyone for being "done" with the NBA, I don't see a lot of grey here, it's pretty black and white: see James Harden's [Adidas guy] apology to China...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad