Speculation: 2019 offseason thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If you look, most of the fans hyping him up aren't the Russians. As someone who watches a lot of KHL hockey, I can unequivocally say, Gusev is no Panarin. He's a good player though and with the right attitude and a willingness to change a few parts of his game, he can carve out an NHL career. People who are getting hyped, are those that look at him atop the KHL leaderboards, without realizing just how diminished KHL hockey has become over the past 3-4 seasons. Some teams are so bad, the top ECHL teams could beat them-handedly. It's a very top heavy league, and even then the talent isn't up to snuff when compared to years passed.

This has cooled my excitement of the potential of adding Gusev, but I still think its worth the trouble. If he's a valuable top 6 forward, thats still an upgrade at wing. If only he was a center.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
If you look, most of the fans hyping him up aren't the Russians. As someone who watches a lot of KHL hockey, I can unequivocally say, Gusev is no Panarin. He's a good player though and with the right attitude and a willingness to change a few parts of his game, he can carve out an NHL career. People who are getting hyped, are those that look at him atop the KHL leaderboards, without realizing just how diminished KHL hockey has become over the past 3-4 seasons. Some teams are so bad, the top ECHL teams could beat them-handedly. It's a very top heavy league, and even then the talent isn't up to snuff when compared to years passed.
I could be/probably am wrong, but I'm starting to raise the red flag on this. If he's the next Panarin, you would think teams would be beating down Vegas' door to get him and I haven't heard any rumors to that effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
The best moves Jarmo makes are the ones he doesn't make.
Another Nyquist (added at the deadline) after seeing what Wennberg/Murray/kids can do, and a battle for the #1 goalie spot...meh; could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad