Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

DearUnpleasantIrishsetter-size_restricted.gif

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Seravalli now predicts NYR to land Panarin. Florida to land Bobrovsky, and Nashville for Duchene.

Also in this video Seravalli says the CBJ are looking for a goalie.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'm sure Jarmo has spoken to a majority of UFA/RFAs out there.. he wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't...

Hedger is just as desperate as Portzline for content at this point, neither break any actual news so they have to generate clicks off of assumptions.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think Pavelski would have come here if everyone didn't jump all over my suggestion of signing him. He finally realized he just wasn't any good after reading all the critiques.:laugh::sarcasm:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
"Little guys"........"set up men"......"playmaker"....."shooter".....

(Ignoring the semantics debate)

You're forcing each guy into a very simplistic box as if they can only have 1 quality. And again, I know you say you don't play EA sports games, but "chemistry" doesn't always work that you need or don't need ANY CERTAIN makeup of supposed player styles to work or mesh well. Also, I guess somebody could (or will) say this is "proof" we need more "set up men" (whatever that really means) but Atkinson and Bjorkstrand (along with Dubois) are probably our best and most dangerous "set up men". Much better and much more effective than "the playmaker" Wennberg.

If you just want to say, "we need playmakers, Zuccarello is a playmaker", just go ahead and say it....

I never suggested that players can only have one quality. I'm saying it's absurd to call Cam a set-up man or a playmaker. It seems you don't know what that is. Most of the time, Cam takes a pass and he rips it, his vision moves from his stick to the net. This is opposed to keeping his head on a swivel and looking for opportunities to break down the defense a la Panarin. Not every player is just one type or the other, but Cam certainly is a shooter.

Yes we need a playmaker, could be Zucc, could be one of the many other guys out there that are good at it.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If you feel comfortable rolling with Korpi as the starter then more power to you as I sure as hell don't.

I really don't think the CBJ front office has any intention of naming Korp the starter right now. We know Torts sure as hell doesn't. He will have competition, if he's even on the team to start the season. I'm not sure that will be the case.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Am I missing something? He's 34 and has spent his entire career in SJ, why would we think he'd have any interest in coming out here?

I think it's more the implied insult people might perceive since it was reported Pavelski was declining teams he thought didn't have a chance to win.

Reactions: CPTN71

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Contract negotiations are a part of pro sports. Most teams and players know it's a business and understand it.

Plus throw in more than just Bob's agent has had issues with the way the CBJ negotiates with it's own players. I guess the exception is the FO seems to like to overpay for meddling 3rd line forwards that we can lock up for several years. It's the talented guys that they like to play hardball with. Interesting strategy, but at least they do it fairly consistently.

You can have the current goalie situation. Maybe it works out. Guess we will see. Your opinion seems to be in line with Jarmo in that he doesn't care about talent, but rather guys who love Columbus!

"It is what is it."

Means SO MUCH MORE than some of you could realize.

Enjoy Bob's time in F-L-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad