Speculation: 2019 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Read on the Pens board OEL and a second for Kessel. Boy are they in for a suprise.
Pens fans want to believe that they will receive full value on Kessel. They won’t unless numerous teams on his list are interested. AZ isn’t about to win that sort of scenario. They will offer 60 cents on the dollar and hope the Pens have are no other options.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
This is a perfect storm that Chayka likes to exploit. Remember when the Rangers had to move Stepan just days before his no trade kicked in.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
The Pens will have to settle for depth players, that's all the Coyotes can offer.
Something like
Cousins and Fischer

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I want Kessel but am thinking if the Wild offer something around Zucker that's better than what we can offer up. I think Kessel would waive for Minnesota too.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't see a trade fit and Dubas is not giving him away??
Toronto was rumored to be really high on POJ. I believe the chatter was that they were dead set on POJ but then Liljegren tumbled so much further than anyone imagined. I'd be open to moving POJ in a Nylander deal. I'd also be open to moving an unprotected 2020 1st round pick. I'd put Christian Fischer on the table. Merkley, too. Any of Capobianco, Dineen, and Westerlund, as well.

2020 1st
2020 2nd
2020 3rd
PO Joseph (1st '17)
Westerlund (2nd '17)
Nick Merkley (1st '15)
Christian Fischer (2nd '15)
Kyle Capobianco (3rd '15)
Cam Dineen (3rd '16)

^ plenty enough top level futures assets in that pile to come up with something that makes sense if Dubas decides he wants flexibility.

I’m putting three 1sts, three 2nds and three 3rds on the table.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Matthews is signed for 5 years, Tavares for 6, Rielly for 3, and Andersen for 2. I don't see Dubas trading one of his prized skilled players for futures. It's go time for the Leaf's in next few years.

rt

May 13, 2004
Matthews is signed for 5 years, Tavares for 6, Rielly for 3, and Andersen for 2. I don't see Dubas trading one of his prized skilled players for futures. It's go time for the Leaf's in next few years.
They’re overextended on cap liability. They will have to move some pieces around. Rate of return will influence Dubas when making these decisions. Nobody is going to relieve them of Zaitsev. That’s a pipe dream. Dubas is going to have to make some tough calls. This isn’t going to be easy and painless.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
They’re overextended on cap liability. They will have to move some pieces around. Rate of return will influence Dubas when making these decisions. Nobody is going to relieve them of Zaitsev. That’s a pipe dream. Dubas is going to have to make some tough calls. This isn’t going to be easy and painless.
I think there would be suiters for Zaitsev if combined with Kapanen as an example. Connor Brown is tradeable and creates space. Kadri is easily tradeable which creates space. Dubas is not giving away Nylander for futures, he could easily get a decent D for him if he goes that route. They have $15 million right now to sign Marner and 4 players. I think something will be done with Marleau.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think there would be suiters for Zaitsev if combined with Kapanen as an example. Connor Brown is tradeable and creates space. Kadri is easily tradeable which creates space. Dubas is not giving away Nylander for futures, he could easily get a decent D for him if he goes that route. They have $15 million right now to sign Marner and 4 players. I think something will be done with Marleau.
It's more palatable to give away Kapanen for free than to extract good value in a deal for Nylander?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It's more palatable to give away Kapanen for free than to extract good value in a deal for Nylander?
Kapanen is an auxiliary piece, Nylander is part of Dubas's core. Good value in your eyes is everything future, I don't think Leafs see it that way. If they do, one call to Carolina gets them a better offer with a D who can play top 4 right now. Nylander is young, he will get better offers. But I still don't think he will be traded.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Kapanen is an auxiliary piece, Nylander is part of Dubas's core. Good value in your eyes is everything future, I don't think Leafs see it that way. If they do, one call to Carolina gets them a better offer with a D who can play top 4 right now. Nylander is young, he will get better offers. But I still don't think he will be traded.
I agree, I don't see them trading Nylander, too much upside. If they do its for help now and not futures, they want to win now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad