Speculation: 2019 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I have a feeling we are going to trade for someone that nobody sees coming or expects

I'm really interested about John Huberdeau, or if that was purely Craig's speculation.
I'd love to get him, I just don't see why Florida moves him.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I have a feeling we are going to trade for someone that nobody sees coming or expects

I'm really interested about John Huberdeau, or if that was purely Craig's speculation.

I feel like those rumors started because Florida was really falling behind right before the deadline and Huberdeau was not producing at his usual clip yet, albiet he wasn't much under either. Him and Barkov really exploded after the deadline so I feel like of there was any possibility there the ship has sailed. But you never know, GM's make really strange decisions at times.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Pittsburgh already has the following D signed through next year:
Letang
Schultz
Dumolin
Maatta
Gubrandson
Johnson

Only Schultz is a UFA prior to Goligoski's contract expiring. That's where I am thinking that many teams are not necessarily keen on adding a D, especially Pittsburgh when they have a weak prospect pool already. Don't see them having any interest in #22 for Goose as part of the deal.

Late to the party and several pages behind. What about Gudbranson for Goligoski? Righty, bigger, meaner, younger and cheaper. Perhaps and only perhaps, Chychrun could be a little more loose, similar to OEL, if he had Gudbranson to pick up the back end slack.

Maybe he is part of a multi-player deal, or maybe solo? The talk about playoffs can't just be about points, the team will also need some toughness.

hbk

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Late to the party and several pages behind. What about Gudbranson for Goligoski? Righty, bigger, meaner, younger and cheaper. Perhaps and only perhaps, Chychrun could be a little more loose, similar to OEL, if he had Gudbranson to pick up the back end slack.

Maybe he is part of a multi-player deal, or maybe solo? The talk about playoffs can't just be about points, the team will also need some toughness.
He’s not better though. You go from a top 4 guy to bottom pairing.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I know there were rumors they are going to push hard for Panarin and Bobrovski, can they afford those two without letting one of their existing bigger contracts go?
True, I jist figured they'd move someone who wasn't as good as Huberduea. He's got a ton of chemistry with their franchise center and and captain too.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
If there is one player I want from another team right now; it is Zach Hyman and I've wanted him for awhile.

I mean; obviously Matthews or Marner would be nice but it's just completely unreasonable for Toronto to part ways with them.

The way Hyman plays the game, his impact on the ice, the fact that he is a right handed shot, I love it all. I'm in love with this kid.

If Toronto wants to dump any salary for Marner, I'd say Hyman has to be a part of that deal.

Reactions: moosemeister

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I like Hyman a lot. His work ethic is great and his offense has progressed steadily. I worry, though, how much his production would suffer if he goes from getting 1st line minutes with that Toronto offense, to our wasteland? Does he immediately become another 25-30pt forward that works hard? Do we just get another Crouse/Archibald/Cousins?

rt

May 13, 2004
Keller-Schmaltz-Kessel
Galchenyuk-Dvo-Stroza
Crouse-Stepan-Grabner
Cousins-Richie-Garland
Archibald/Fish

OEL-Hjamer
Chych-Demers
Goose-Oesterle
KConn/Bush

Raanta/Kuemper

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Keller-Schmaltz-Kessel
Galchenyuk-Dvo-Stroza
Crouse-Stepan-Grabner
Cousins-Richie-Garland
Archibald/Fish

OEL-Hjamer
Chych-Demers
Goose-Oesterle
KConn/Bush

Raanta/Kuemper
That first line is going to be a tire fire defensively. no? MMaybe swap Schmaltz and Dvo? Keller and Schmaltz looked good together though. I'd also maybe swap Grabner and Stepan, Richie and Grabner have a lot of chemistry. Or just put Stepan on the 4th line.

Didn't Keller play right wing at some point? If so maybe

Crouse-Schmaltz-Keller
Galchenyuk-Dvo-Kessel
Stroza-Richardson-Grabner
Cousins-Stepan-Garland
Archibald/Fish

OEL-Hjamer
Chych-Demers
Goose-Oesterle
KConn/Bush

Raanta/Kuemper

I'd like to ditch one of goose or demers still. If it's goose, then oesterle slides over and Bush comes in, if it's demers then one of oesterle or goose moves up and bush takes their spot.

rt

May 13, 2004
Can’t put Kessel and Galchenyuk on the same line. Both need one of our best playmakers on their individual lines too. The idea is to have two lines with a set up guy and a triggerman.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Schmaltz -Stepan- Kessel
Keller- Dvo- Galchenyuk
Vinny -Richardson -Grabner
Crouse-- Hayton? -Garland
Cousins, Archibald

We can toss Hayton in at C if they decide to, and have Cousins sit, and he still gets decent linemates. If not Cousins steps up. If we lose a center to injury we still have Schmaltz, Cousins, and Galcheyuk to slot in there on a temp basis and we just call up any forward, doesn't have to be a center.

It's a nice dream, anyway.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I like Hyman a lot. His work ethic is great and his offense has progressed steadily. I worry, though, how much his production would suffer if he goes from getting 1st line minutes with that Toronto offense, to our wasteland? Does he immediately become another 25-30pt forward that works hard? Do we just get another Crouse/Archibald/Cousins?
I like Hyman but I doubt he produces at present rate without present linemates. He is also reasonable Cap hit for production and unlikely to be moved. Connor Brown is similar type player and I would guess can be had for peanuts.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There’s not a chance in hell Babcock let’s Dubas trade Hyman.
Hyman works and so does his contract. Babcock would not be stopping Dubas otherwise or the Leaf's would still have Polak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad