Speculation: 2019 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I could actually see something around Nylander and Subban. Wasn't Nashville poking around Nylander when he was an RFA?

Re: Capobianco. I wouldn't pencil him in for anything given his injury.
What was Capobianco's injury? I can't recall what the final word was.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think they ever announced it, but it looked like one of those 6-8 month knee injuries.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Then why trade for him. You make trades like this if you think you are a SC contender. I would love Kessel on this team, but I don't give away our 14 OV for him.

Just because you aren't willing to sell the farm for him doesnt mean you shouldn't consider trading one of your prettiest goats.

We still have to build this team while we are in a competitive window. Trade for Kessel AND Hoffman and get a more experienced powerplay coach. That's a team i would love to watch

Reactions: che

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Just because you aren't willing to sell the farm for him doesnt mean you shouldn't consider trading one of your prettiest goats.

We still have to build this team while we are in a competitive window. Trade for Kessel AND Hoffman and get a more experienced powerplay coach. That's a team i would love to watch
We don’t have the money for that, unfortunately.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
My question is what do we offer PIT for Kessel if Minny offers Zucker for Kessel?

It depends if the cap space is what they are looking for or a player to fill in his production now. If they got their eyes on a guy like Brock Nelson or Lee because they want more jam then we can offer them a package that gives them assets without cap. Otherwise I think Minnesota can beat us on the ready now player.

Zucker pretty much puts them right back to where they are cap wise and has four more seasons left on his contract.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Nashville is going to have an interesting offseason. I've always thought they were adding too many players via trade, and really thought they went overboard this season. I think by bringing in so many players by the deadline they killed any chemistry their lines had developed. Over the past couple seasons all of Bonino, Turris, Grandlund, Simmonds and Boyle were added via trade. I'm sure I'm forgetting something that may not be on the team anymore. I thought the Turris addition was a little overkill last season, but this deadline was really over the top. Washington seemed to learn that sometimes no additions are better than any last season with their win. I'm on the side of less is more at the deadline too. Add a 3C to shore up depth, sure. Add a top pairing defenseman, or top 6 center + additional depth forwards, I think this can affect players additudes because many are most likely getting their minutes cut.

rt

May 13, 2004
Just occurred to me that the guy we sent to the all-star game led our team in scoring with 47 points and was a -21. How can that be true and we were still in the playoff hunt in game 81? If you told me we'd have a top scorer with 47 points and he was -21 I'd have guessed we finished 31st overall. Dead last.

Reactions: Heldig

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Just occurred to me that the guy we sent to the all-star game led our team in scoring with 47 points and was a -21. How can that be true and we were still in the playoff hunt in game 81? If you told me we'd have a top scorer with 47 points and he was -21 I'd have guessed we finished 31st overall. Dead last.

Nobody finished with 20 goals this season. Brad Richardson was tied for first in goals. Imagine hearing that in September

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I like Kessel, but not for what Pittsburgh will want for him. I think Hoffman would be much easier to get, but he only has one year left on his contract.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It was a combination of winning close, losing blowouts and facing a boatload of back up goalies.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Maybe see if we can get Nashville to retain 50% of salary and bring Turrdis back "home" for our 2nd rounder.

Only on the condition we sign Boyd Gordon, and Turrdis can wrestle away his roster spot.

rt

May 13, 2004
Not sure if I’m wrong, but I think the trade deadline is really only a deadline for trades where guys are eligible for the playoffs. If you acquire a guy after that point, he can’t play for you in the post season. So there’s no real deadline. Just a playoff deadline.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I've never understood the Nylander fixation.

Don't we have our bases already covered on slick,undersized, one-dimensional playmakers making $6M a year?
6 feet and 190 lbs is undersized?? Nylander would be the Coyote's best forward but he does have his warts. Probably wouldn't be a Tocchet favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->