Speculation: 2019 Offseason Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Nylander for Chychrun straight up?
I don't think the Leaf's would consider that. I don't see Chychrun as an upgrade on Dermott. And his contract isn't exactly value right now. Nylander might not gave earned his contract this season but Chychrun's injury history is a big question mark.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Nylander has had a brutal playoff.
I could easily make the case for Nylander being the Leaf's best forward this playoffs. Plus 3 with 3 points, great analytics. He is driving the play when he is on the ice while playing with boat anchors on his wings.

Reactions: ctwin22

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I could easily make the case for Nylander being the Leaf's best forward this playoffs. Plus 3 with 3 points, great analytics. He is driving the play when he is on the ice while playing with boat anchors on his wings.

How about his non chalent play away from the puck and his unwillingness to take a hit?

I don’t get the attraction for Nylander save for his super low cash owing once the bonus is paid.

In any event, if Toronto would not trade him for Petroangelo or a Carolina D, they aren’t taking our bundle of crap.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
How about his non chalent play away from the puck and his unwillingness to take a hit?

I don’t get the attraction for Nylander save for his super low cash owing once the bonus is paid.

In any event, if Toronto would not trade him for Petroangelo or a Carolina D, they aren’t taking our bundle of crap.
You watch differently.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
How desperate is Nashville to move Subban? And wow Turris's contract is looking like a disaster.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How desperate is Nashville to move Subban? And wow Turris's contract is looking like a disaster.
I freaking love Subban. Obviously we can’t afford his full cash, but if they retain a little and we dump KConn on them, maybe we could make it work? He’d be amazing for our PP. I’ d be thrilled.

My favorite NHLers are Yandle, Domi, Kessel and PK.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I like Chychrun, he brings a work ethic that we want our other young players to follow. If we can trade him for a young top 6 F then it's an easy decision. Capobianco is ready to step in. With that said, I don't think a Chychrun trade is going to happen. He just got a contract extension.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I like Chychrun, he brings a work ethic that we want our other young players to follow. If we can trade him for a young top 6 F then it's an easy decision. Capobianco is ready to step in. With that said, I don't think a Chychrun trade is going to happen. He just got a contract extension.
I don't think anyone is outwardly advocating to move Chychrun. It's unlikely he's dealt. Just some people connecting dots. Doesn't mean we really expect them to be connected in real life.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I could actually see something around Nylander and Subban. Wasn't Nashville poking around Nylander when he was an RFA?

Re: Capobianco. I wouldn't pencil him in for anything given his injury.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Penguins fan on the mainboard asked if Dvorak AND Schmaltz was fair for Kessel. :laugh:

If the price is any higher than 14thOV and a prospect like Merkley or equivalent (like a 3rd rounder) I walk away pretty easily. I almost hate the idea of giving up someone like Merkley, but would do it out of desperation. Anything over him would be too much and not worth it. Phil Kessel alone does not win this team a Stanley cup, and he's not getting any younger.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Are they desperate to move his money or personality. I like PK's personality when seeing him on some of those pressers etc., but I'm wondering if it wears on you after awhile?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Penguins fan on the mainboard asked if Dvorak AND Schmaltz was fair for Kessel. :laugh:

If the price is any higher than 14thOV and a prospect like Merkley or equivalent (like a 3rd rounder) I walk away pretty easily. I almost hate the idea of giving up someone like Merkley, but would do it out of desperation. Anything over him would be too much and not worth it. Phil Kessel alone does not win this team a Stanley cup, and he's not getting any younger.
Then why trade for him. You make trades like this if you think you are a SC contender. I would love Kessel on this team, but I don't give away our 14 OV for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->