Speculation: 2019 Offseason Roster Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
How much is Pavelski going to want as a 34 years old? 6m for 3 years? Would he go lower than 6? After he re-signs they still only have 8 forwards on contract, and only 6m to use on the 4 slots. Defense is pretty much set.

Any way you would offersheet Meier? 4.227 would keep him in the 2nd round tier but could put them in a real messy situation. I like him more than a young forward like Kapanen. Or would we be able to entice them with a trade? All of their defense is signed next year, but after that Braun, Dillon and their depth guys. Who much does a near ready defenseman like POJ or Capo move the chains?

Doubt SJ re-signs Nyquist which is a nice plan B in free agency.
Meier is a stud, he's probably 6-7 million dollar player with the way RFA contracts are going.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hossa for Condon is great at opening up some off-season flexibility but it definitely costs us in-season. Hossa’s full cap hit comes off the books in-season, as a result of the LTIR. Condon carries a 400k and 1m penalty the next two seasons.

Gotcha. I'm not concerned about the buyout cap hits. They're minimal. I'm concerned the Hossa deal limits our offseason flexibility or we sit on our hands until it can be dumped on LTIR.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is the problem in having a young and inexperienced GM. Chayka and/or Tocc's usage was the culprit in the Strome/Domi trades. We have 2 young players that didn't do well in AZ, yet exploded elsewhere. There is either a talent evaluation problem or a usage problem. Tip/DM didn't have that happen. It would have been like Runblad/Gormley becoming top 4D when they were traded.

With inexperience, you don't know what you don't know, Chayka is learning on Barroways nickel. A new owner likely makes a change depending on how this year goes. I'm mixed on our GM/coach at this point, but I hope we have a great year an they both get to stay long term.
I know what you are saying, but deals are not won or lost after one year. I have been complaining about RT's usage for a year.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Can we wait to see what happens over the next month before we crucify Chayka? Truth be told we're in a better position than we've ever been to get some talent. Who cares whats said in an interview. I see it as him not wanting to look desperate for help so he doesnt get raked over the coals on the trade market. I really think these negative opinions on here recently about him are out of sheer boredom.

Reactions: che
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad