NCAA: 2019 off season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If MI doesn't go to the playoffs or beat OH ST, then Harbaugh must go.
And who replaces him? Harbaugh is probably the best coach for Michigan for the foreseeable future. Yes, he has been sort of disappointing regarding competing for the conference and national titles but a guy like Dabo struggled against his rivals (South Carolina is much, much worse than a program like Ohio State) and didn't win the ACC (a worse conference than B1G generally) for a few years and he had much less of a track record than a guy like Harbaugh but Clemson stuck with him and everyone has seen the results. It would be a massive mistake to fire him and if they did I wouldn't be surprised if they became another Tennessee like program with a string of more coaches like Rich Rod and Brady Hoke.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Harbaugh doesn't last long anywhere. If he's just 'ok' again, I expect him to leave one way or the other. He hasn't proven he can coach at Michigan. Can't beat his rival, only 26-9 in conference and a 1-3 bowl record isn't enough.

Reactions: Wrigley

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Michigan has to have bigger hopes than 10-3 and 3rd/4th place in their division don't they?

I mean I guess it is better than Brady Hoke but Michigan should be able to have more options than Harbaugh or a Hoke-like coach.

My guess is if they can Harbaugh they go with some unproven 30 year old with no track record of success or reason to think he would be succesful than he talks about how much he likes passing as that seems to be the rage in football today. They should have a lot of attractive options though as they are a school that can recruit nationally and one of maybe ~10 programs that can consistently compete for the National Championship if they get the right coach in there.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Harbaugh doesn't last long anywhere. If he's just 'ok' again, I expect him to leave one way or the other. He hasn't proven he can coach at Michigan. Can't beat his rival, only 26-9 in conference and a 1-3 bowl record isn't enough.
That's impossible, he's a Michigan Man who left the NFL because Michigan was his actual dream job, and he had to take the opportunity since the Michigan job is never open.

The Pac 12 may play some games at 9 AM local time.

Terrible. Noon games are already bad enough.

The thinking here is that Fox wants the noon ET window to be their major A+ game of the week, and the Pac-12 can never be in that spot if they don't play in the window. Not enough people stay up for Pac-12 After Dark.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
as much as I trash and detest OSU they would never insult thei ntegrity of the game by wearing such abominations

They respect TRADITION

all them stickers of that plant on they helmets

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
as much as I trash and detest OSU they would never insult thei ntegrity of the game by wearing such abominations

They respect TRADITION

all them stickers of that plant on they helmets
meh. they do wear alternates. those MSU unis are absolutely hideous.

Sep 19, 2008
They dont' look that bad though

iu

You still have the scarlet and gray and it's not too deviant. That MSU one is just bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad