Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Some people complain about Miller’s contract but we are about to see that it’s pretty great value with the way things are going.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Some people complain about Miller’s contract but we are about to see that it’s pretty great value with the way things are going.
There's nothing to complain about Miller's contract. It's a fair deal for both sides. The only bad contracts on this team are Callahan and Palat's.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
There's nothing to complain about Miller's contract. It's a fair deal for both sides. The only bad contracts on this team are Callahan and Palat's.
Yeah, I don't think anybody dislikes Miller's contract, it's just that I don't think he has an NTC and if we need to clear cap he is likely gone. Would much rather get rid of Palat first.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't like the comma followed by the two. I don't like how it looks.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The big issue is we gotta also sign Vasi, Cirelli and Serg next year. So we've gotta make quite a bit of room the next two seasons, IF Point takes the bridge. But then in 3-5 years hopefully we'll have cap to pay him for long term

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
If we sign Karlsson Sergachev is expendable for a winger with similar potential as him imo. No room for him back there and we could get Stamkos a line mate.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we sign Karlsson Sergachev is expendable for a winger with similar potential as him imo. No room for him back there and we could get Stamkos a line mate.

We have room if he signs cheap.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
With how well Cernak has looked (and hopefully stays) plus with the expansion draft coming I think Serg may be the odd man out.

Reactions: JAY7791

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
We have room if he signs cheap.
I agree but whats the point? He will never break our top 4 when we have:

Hedman-Cernak
McDonagh-Karlsson

Foote can grow for a couple years and probably be moved out too, or battle with Cernak but I really feel Cernak is a special player, really unique in what he brings and adds toughness which we need. After we move Sergachev out the scouts will start looking for and draft good Left dmen. By the time McDonagh is up we will have his replacement, and cap space to replace him if no prospect.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ehhhh not Sergachev. A different forward maybe but I wouldn't trade a promising 20 year old player. Meanwhile my hope in Palat hangs by a string and that the greatness that is Brayden Point can maybe help revitalize his career

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Hedman-Cernak
McDonagh-Karlsson

Foote can grow for a couple years and probably be moved out too, or battle with Cernak but I really feel Cernak is a special player, really unique in what he brings and adds toughness which we need. After we move Sergachev out the scouts will start looking for and draft good Left dmen. By the time McDonagh is up we will have his replacement, and cap space to replace him if no prospect.
got to have him because we will lose a defenseman to seattle

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Hedman-Cernak
McDonagh-Karlsson

2026. There's a good chance that replacement is in middle school this year.

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
got to have him because we will lose a defenseman to seattle
Yeah so if we trade him we'd only have to pay Seattle to not take Cernak instead of both or sitting back worrying about which one they choose. And gain a forward asset we can protect and hopefully gel with Stammer.

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
Apparently TBL, NYR and DAL are the main players here.
If the rumors about him wanting to be closer to family are true, it should just be us and the Rangers. Also i dont think he likes the west coast style play so good signs for us.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I really think TB has a shot at getting EK. If we do, I just hope we make all the moves prior to signing him, most importantly getting Points contract finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad