GDT: 2019 NL Wild Card Game: (WC1) Washington Nationals vs (WC2) Milwaukee Brewers

NLWC

• Total voters

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Brewers fell apart but also got screwed over by umps

Cubs fell apart down the stretch with injuries while Milwaukee lost their MVP candidate. Washington needing a gaff like that just to get past Milwaukee isn't a great sign. Not that they have much a chance to begin with.

Hopefully that Milwaukee player isn't scarred for life. Then again, seeing Hader blow it was pretty great as well.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Cubs fell apart down the stretch with injuries while Milwaukee lost their MVP candidate. Washington needing a gaff like that just to get past Milwaukee isn't a great sign. Not that they have much a chance to begin with.

Hopefully that Milwaukee player isn't scarred for life. Then again, seeing Hader blow it was pretty great as well.

The Mets and Cubs were both much better on paper but the Mets hole was just too big. Had they gone even 2-4 against the Cubs and Braves instead of 0-6 they get in

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
All the Nats won is an ass kicking by the Dodgers. I just don't see the Nats scoring enough runs to beat that high powered offense.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
All the Nats won is an ass kicking by the Dodgers. I just don't see the Nats scoring enough runs to beat that high powered offense.

LA’s bullpen stinks. Reality is everyone’s pen stinks accept the Yankees and they can’t get to it because their starters are awful. My guess is whoever wins the World Series will be whoever is hitting the best

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Given the Nats' hard luck October track record...... this might be a good omen for the A's

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Agreed with the whole "not REALLY the playoffs" thing.....although MLB and the media are trying really hard to convince the fans that it's an actual playoff game. Play-IN game would be more accurate. Winner moves on to the opening round of the playoffs.

Congrats to the Nats for advancing to the actual postseason!

Wow , Pedro Martinez has put on weight

That's what I said during the pregame. :laugh:

The man is certainly enjoying retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->