Post-Game Talk: 2019 NHL TRADE DEADLINE PART 3 - Marcus Johansson to Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Would love to see Johansson do well with Krejci and DeBrusk. Get that GOAT line back together when Pasta gets back.

But yeah. This sucks for Coyle to be anchored down by two players with a combined 10 goals in 100 games played.
With Coyle on the line they should be able to at least take a regular shift something the Frederic line couldn’t do . I am excited about Johansson on line 2 . From what I hear he is a good passer and Krejci needs someone he can tic tac toe with .

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Despite my initial overreaction wishing Sweeney hit the big prize, the roster looks about the same as last years. If our D is healthy we're better.

I guess @DKH is right when he says Cup in 2020. Is he really Don Sweeney?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Would love to see Johansson do well with Krejci and DeBrusk. Get that GOAT line back together when Pasta gets back.

But yeah. This sucks for Coyle to be anchored down by two players with a combined 10 goals in 100 games played.
I’m hoping Heinen sticks and gels with Bergeron and Marchand. That would allow Pastrnak and Johansson to slide to lines 2 and 3. Balance

Reactions: northeastern

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That third line just literally sucked the life and excitement out of me.

Coyle paired with 2 5th liners. Unreal

Backes was good last game and has size.Sharks are a big team. I like Khulman better then Nordstrom though cause he is smarter on offence and better hands.That said Bruins will be killing penalties vs this team and Nordy will help there

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
This. They did a good job last game. Keep C in with them. Sometimes.......
Nordstrom I can see.

But there’s zero chance Backes is going to sit out nightly down the stretch and in the playoffs. 6 million riding the line is a tough sell to your owner.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Backes was good last game and has size.Sharks are a big team. I like Khulman better then Nordstrom though cause he is smarter on offence and better hands.That said Bruins will be killing penalties vs this team and Nordy will help there

Was he? It took him 20 minutes to shoot the puck on an open net that resulted in a save. He muffed a few other chances as well. They guy is cooked and should be the extra forward regardless of what they are paying him.

Why waste trading for Coyle and pairing him with the two worst players on the roster. Nordstrom is awful and should have been waived by now

Reactions: EvilDead

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Was he? It took him 20 minutes to shoot the puck on an open net that resulted in a save. He muffed a few other chances as well. They guy is cooked and should be the extra forward regardless of what they are paying him.

Why waste trading for Coyle and pairing him with two worst players on the roster. Nordstrom is awful and should have been waived by now
Well the team is stuck with him for the next 2 years. I’d hope he can find some chemistry on the 3rd line. Otherwise healthy scratch. I’m a big fan of Backes, but yes he looks worn.

If you would’ve told me 3 years ago the Bruins would have Coyle and Backes on their 3rd line I’d be ecstatic

Reactions: Boston Bandit

j44thor

Mar 27, 2008
Cehlarik has 1 less point in 36 fewer games than Nordstrom. Great idea pairing a pass first C in Coyle with Nordstrom and Backes who combine to shoot about 5.8%.

I'm not sure Mojo is a significant upgrade over Cehlarik, certainly would have been pissed had B's traded 1-1. Yet that is essentially where we are with Cehlarik sent down.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Well the team is stuck with him for the next 2 years. I’d hope he can find some chemistry on the 3rd line. Otherwise healthy scratch. I’m a big fan of Backes, but yes he looks worn.

If you would’ve told me 3 years ago the Bruins would have Coyle and Backes on their 3rd line I’d be ecstatic

This is exactly how I feel about the situation. They have 20 games left, no harm in seeing if they can get Backes going with some different combinations. He had 5 shots on goal last game, which is the same amount that he had in previous 5 games. It probably won't work but considering the current situation I don't hate it like most do.

Long term Nordstrom isn't gonna be on that line especially when Pasta gets back so him getting a game in while Cehlarik and Kuhlman aren't on the roster is fine by me. Ideally Heinen is the long-term solution.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Nordstrom I can see.

But there’s zero chance Backes is going to sit out nightly down the stretch and in the playoffs. 6 million riding the line is a tough sell to your owner.

I will happily take that bet. Backes was getting sat prior to us adding two top 9 players that are quite better than him at this stage of his career. He may get in an odd game or two, but I'd be pretty shocked if he was regularly in the lineup once healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad