Post-Game Talk: 2019 NHL Playoffs Round 1: (1) Tampa Bay swept 0-4 by (WC2) Columbus

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Anyone see game 4 of the Columbus Boston series? Boston got 6 power plays in that game... yeah, the same amount the Lightning got in all 4 games combined. Glad to see CBJ is finally getting called for all of their BS interference penalties...

Reactions: Hoek

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Anyone see game 4 of the Columbus Boston series? Boston got 6 power plays in that game... yeah, the same amount the Lightning got in all 4 games combined. Glad to see CBJ is finally getting called for all of their BS interference penalties...
Bruins earned the same amount of power plays in one game as Tampa did in the whole series. Just shows how awful Tampa was.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Helps to be an original 6 team.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Bruins earned the same amount of power plays in one game as Tampa did in the whole series. Just shows how awful Tampa was.

Tampa was bad but it was crazy to me how we would get called for the things they were doing and none for them. Frustrating is putting it lightly. Its funny because our PK played amazing all year. It was even a momentum shifter how we would dominate in special teams. Their PP vs our PK was the difference in the series imo. We kill those penalties I think we are still playing.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Tampa was bad but it was crazy to me how we would get called for the things they were doing and none for them. Frustrating is putting it lightly. Its funny because our PK played amazing all year. It was even a momentum shifter how we would dominate in special teams. Their PP vs our PK was the difference in the series imo. We kill those penalties I think we are still playing.

We weren't ready for the playoffs. Torts took cooper over his knee and spanked him. Our team leaders didn't show up and even got suspended. The team as currently constituted is not a Cup team.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I agree with what you're saying for the most part. Tampa did play awful in many respects, however, there were a ton of interference, tripping, and cross-check penalties that should have gotten called on CBJ that the zebras let go. They're not letting them go as much in the CBJ/Boston series for whatever reason. Hell they were even so generous as to let CBJ have a goal last night that should not have been allowed (puck hit the netting and all four officials missed it).

I am not saying that's why we lost, obviously, but no one can make me believe it's not at least a factor.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We weren't ready for the playoffs. Torts took cooper over his knee and spanked him. Our team leaders didn't show up and even got suspended. The team as currently constituted is not a Cup team.

This is true. I really didnt think we put our best effort forward. Even with the injuries, which we had to deal with in the regular season and were fine, we just didnt work hard enough. Also thought our star players were not playing focused. Absolutely hated how they reacted in game 2. Not professional at all.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Whether the deck is stacked against Tampa or the core just isn’t that good provides the same result either way. A result without a cup that will never change with how the core is currently constructed.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Whether the deck is stacked against Tampa or the core just isn’t that good provides the same result either way. A result without a cup that will never change with how the core is currently constructed.

I agree for the most part. I think that we have the talent to go far and win it all but do we have the mental and physical toughness that is required to? At some point you are going to tested with both and it seems like whenever this team is having that kind of adversity they fold.

If the team is going to go on and win one anytime soon, they need to have that mental tougtough and if we are too small to handle it then we do need to get bigger but without the mental toughness its pointless. Both smaller and bigger teams have won recently, put two things that are similar is mental toughness. We just haven't had it. That's on our coach, on our players, and is on how we constructed the team for the playoffs.

JBB definitely deserves criticism for not making some kind of move at the deadline because it was evident from last year and into this year that we struggled against bigger trapping teams. They need to spend this offseason thinking about how they can fix this. You would think they have run into it enough by now to make some kind of adjustment.

Reactions: ultra63

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Team is built to be good in the regular season and then when the playoffs come, they are lost. They are soft and then in the playoffs the physicality steps up 10 notches and you saw what happened. Cooper needs to figure out things quickly if the roster stays the same. Palat is physical but should not be on the top 2 lines. Killorn can score some goals but is as soft as anyone on the team. Stamkos is not a center but a winger. Has no ability to do what a Point or Kucherov can do setting up plays. Unfortunately, Cooper can't see this at all. As most people have repeated over and over, our problem starts with the Coach.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Team is built to be good in the regular season and then when the playoffs come, they are lost. They are soft and then in the playoffs the physicality steps up 10 notches and you saw what happened. Cooper needs to figure out things quickly if the roster stays the same. Palat is physical but should not be on the top 2 lines. Killorn can score some goals but is as soft as anyone on the team. Stamkos is not a center but a winger. Has no ability to do what a Point or Kucherov can do setting up plays. Unfortunately, Cooper can't see this at all. As most people have repeated over and over, our problem starts with the Coach.
It’s clear Cooper prefers Stammer on the wing but the player isn’t having it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->