Post-Game Talk: 2019 NHL Playoffs Round 1: (1) Tampa Bay swept 0-4 by (WC2) Columbus

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
If we could've somehow held onto that game 1, we would be alright and really just buy time for guys to get "healthy" but losing it the way we did crippled these guys and broke them mentally. Game 2 was just a poor continuation of game 1. We couldn't do anything right. Just an all around joke.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Could y'all imagine Cooper in a time of crisis?

House is on fire. Calmly walks to counter and inserts gum into his mouth. Walks over to his wife,, looks her in the eye, chuckles, smiles, says "as far as I know, it's not our time. The building we live in is on fire. This is fine. This is a five alarm fire right now honey and I think we should probably walk out of here."

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Remember when Stamkos said he learned a tough lesson from game 1? What lesson? :laugh: his leadership is a joke. Hes just as bad as Kucherov at losing him temper and doing something dirty. Foligno's going to target him all next game for that sucker punch and he's going to get baited into those antics instead of playing for an elimination game.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I've got some real choice ones out there myself.

Expecting more of the same tonight. Low intensity from Tampa, give up the first goal, fail to break the trap. Complete the choke in spectacular fashion.

Ugh I see it now, they'll have a 2 goal lead, pulls goalie at 3 mins, ENG, pulls goalie again at 2mins, another ENG and the final score will look like a blowout.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I think everyone needs to relax. Kuch is coming back with a vengeance tonight. This team is too good to be swept. Being up 3-0 in a series is one of the toughest leads to keep just like in a game. CBJ has also never won a series, it will be a chokefest for CBJ from tonight on.
Or Tampa just doesn't show up and we get swept in embarrassing fashion, but i'm fine with your scenario as well :laugh:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
After the overturned goal is legit the first time I've ever seen Cooper animated behind the bench, and I've been paying close attention the last few weeks.

Notice how we turned it up after that. Huge moment and your leader gets fired up? You get fired up.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it was a bad playoff and good regular season. I take it both with all good and bad that happened this year. It was nice to be here and cheer for our team anyway. I hope there will be some changes after this disaster in the playoff. See you in the next season.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Oh boy are the Lightning the laughing stock of the world right now. It's all over the place this morning.

It's gonna be this way for a long time. The shame they have brought their fans and the entire Tampa Bay sporting community won't be forgotten or forgiven anytime soon. It's cliché to say at this point, but literally only winning a Cup can help rinse the stink off them. I mean, the Bruins blew a 3-0 series lead in 2010, and nobody ever talks about that because that team made right by themselves the following season (including getting a measure of revenge on the Flyers along the way). If this team were to get over the hump next year, maybe the jokes will dissipate. But we're a long ways off from being able to dream about that scenario right now; nobody is going to be tipping this team to make a Cup run next year and nor should they after the way they betrayed everybody's trust.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad