OT: 2019 NHL Playoff Discussion

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
So i am sad that the last canadian team is out of the playoffs (i like the Leafs too) but i am delighted that the sharks won :D
i don't wanted to see vegas in the final again.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Man the first round couldn't have gone much better IMO. Feel a little bad for Tampa and Nashville but they lost to fellow non-traditional markets so I'm totally cool with it. I'm pulling for Washington tomorrow because when the Coyotes are not involved I simply cannot route against Ovy but I wouldn't be upset if Canes pulled off the win.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Man, that call was kinda bullshit but I don't really like Vegas, so I don't know what to think.

In both conferences, at least one team is going to have a relatively easy road to the Finals considering some of the big boy clubs who lost in Round 1.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Man, that call was kinda bull**** but I don't really like Vegas, so I don't know what to think.

In both conferences, at least one team is going to have a relatively easy road to the Finals considering some of the big boy clubs who lost in Round 1.
I beg to differ. It’s the playoffs, teams won their series for a reason and that reason is that they’re all good teams.

Give me;
Boston in 6
Islanders in 7*
St Louis in 6
Colorado in 6**

*funny to see Tavares leave for Toronto saying that they’ll play longer in the post season and the islanders are the ones in the second round.
**if pavelski is back, I like San Jose.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Now that the Leafs are out, I don't really need to cheer against anybody. Jackets and Isles are fun, so maybe I'll go for them.

I was rooting for the Leafs simply so Matthews could bring the Cup to the Ice Den. Greater chance that happens before the Coyotes do.

Reactions: Grimes

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I was rooting for the Leafs simply so Matthews could bring the Cup to the Ice Den. Greater chance that happens before the Coyotes do.

Same odds for this season now...
40754353.jpg

Reactions: doaner and MIG

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Coyotes wouldn't know much about that.
We drafted MacInnis, A.Karlsson, Bunting, Mayo and Westlund before Lebanc.

Lebanc had 4x points on a single PP than those 5 draftees have in their NHL careers combined (only Bunting has seen the NHL, playing 5 games with 1 point).

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
GET F***ED VEGAS

Must honestly admit I wanted them both to lose that series...

I do like Fleury, though. It's something undefinable about him.

And that five-minutes PP? Well, normally, when teams gets 5 minutes PP, they waste the first three minutes on nothing, as they seems to believe they have plenty of time. Being down 3 goals way into the third made Sharks not make that mistake I think...

Captain Obvious to the rescue. ;)

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
If it results in less revenue It's less revenue sharing for your team.
It's like year 4 of a 12 year deal. Maybe uncle Gary will relegate Boston to the Metro division by year 12 to give the Leafs a chance at the 2nd round and buffer the coffers of poor old Rogers....

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
There is no doubt that the hockey playoffs are superior to any other, including NCAA basketball.

Well, duh. My alma mater was in the Final Four, so I thought I'd sit down and watch my first college hoops of the season. It was mind-numbingly bad basketball both ways, and I didn't last through the first half. Give me pro sports, especially, pro hockey, any day.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It's like year 4 of a 12 year deal. Maybe uncle Gary will relegate Boston to the Metro division by year 12 to give the Leafs a chance at the 2nd round and buffer the coffers of poor old Rogers....
Seems kinda odd to poke fun of finances for the Leaf's from a Coyote's site no??? But in fairness I don't watch Rogers unless there is no other choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->