Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
LOL I never said the Ducks should draft him at 9. I just said I would not be surprised if he is in the mix. That's all. Maybe it's just because I like him so much. I still hope for Krebs, Zegras or Boldy. The latter is my first choice at the moment, while I was a huge admirer of Zegras and Newhook earlier this season.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I worded that wrong... i meant teams are going to have very different lists/ranking. But i think the difference from lets say 5-10 on our list will be fairly minimal, that need may be taken into consideration

It still works, aside from the outside narrative that a lot or all of these guys are viewed similarly, theres no real reason to think that. It doesn't even hold up when you think about it, 7+ very different players are all considered similar? You bring in a number that large and you're going to have some firm opinions.

I think theres some clues about what the team might think, like it being likely they won't take Podkolzin or Caufield to maybe the past indicating they might value Cozens, Dach and maybe Turcotte above others.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Krebs with pick #9 & Poglander at #21 i'd go for but Hoglander at #9 is something that should get Murray fired before the pick is even made, like Madden should alert the Samueli's that Murray intends to pick Poglander at #9 so they can fire Murray.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Whats your guys realistic want list now? Podkolzin might fall to us... same with some other players.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Whats your guys realistic want list now? Podkolzin might fall to us... same with some other players.
Honestly
Boldy might be my choice... unless dach/turcotte/krebs fall to the 9 spot. Would have a hard time passin on pod tho

2nd pick id hope for brink, tamosino, or mcmichael

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Krebs with pick #9 & Poglander at #21 i'd go for but Hoglander at #9 is something that should get Murray fired before the pick is even made, like Madden should alert the Samueli's that Murray intends to pick Poglander at #9 so they can fire Murray.

Henry will be right at the draft table lol. But even better, switch the 9 for a 6 and "Poglander" for Lindholm and most of your post could've been ripped from the 2012 draft GDT.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Henry will be right at the draft table lol. But even better, switch the 9 for a 6 and "Poglander" for Lindholm and most of your post could've been ripped from the 2012 draft GDT.
Big difference though: Swedish D-men are more reliable than Swedish 5'9 forwards.
And his ranking is alot lower than Lindholm was in the 2012 draft, some places have him ranked #29 Nils Höglander at eliteprospects.com
#29 to #9 is a super massive reach.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I’m not really interested in “reaching” for anyone. Boldly/Krebs/Dach/Zegras/Turcotte/etc are the players I want. Some of those guys seem more realistic to be available at 9 than others though

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I’m not really interested in “reaching” for anyone. Boldly/Krebs/Dach/Zegras/Turcotte/etc are the players I want. Some of those guys seem more realistic to be available at 9 than others though
Agreed, we will be getting one of the top 10 guys unless our scouts go off the board again.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Big difference though: Swedish D-men are more reliable than Swedish 5'9 forwards.
And his ranking is alot lower than Lindholm was in the 2012 draft, some places have him ranked #29 Nils Höglander at eliteprospects.com
#29 to #9 is a super massive reach.

Reliability has nothing to do with it, they took him because he was at least #6 on their board and no one publicly had him even in the top 10, he was largely ranked in the mid-teens. Hoglander might be more of a "reach" than Lindholm, but not as much as someone like Blake Wheeler was(weird, that one worked out too).

The point is I thought guys would learn their lesson from that. They probably won't pick that guy, but most of the time these "reaches" happen they're vindicated, whereas conversely the "steals" often bust. You gotta realize that most rankings you see online don't mean a whole lot, they're more often than not incredibly flawed.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Reliability has nothing to do with it, they took him because he was at least #6 on their board and no one publicly had him even in the top 10, he was largely ranked in the mid-teens. Hoglander might be more of a "reach" than Lindholm, but not as much as someone like Blake Wheeler was(weird, that one worked out too).

The point is I thought guys would learn their lesson from that. They probably won't pick that guy, but most of the time these "reaches" happen they're vindicated, whereas conversely the "steals" often bust. You gotta realize that most rankings you see online don't mean a whole lot, they're more often than not incredibly flawed.

Ur assuming that Madden & Murray think that highly of Hoglander to take him #9, no one knows right now how Madden/Murray rank the current draft prospects. Picking a player based on him being a reach is flawed logic unless that player is really coveted by Madden which we have no idea where Madden ranks the list of prospects.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Ur assuming that Madden & Murray think that highly of Hoglander to take him #9, no one knows right now how Madden/Murray rank the current draft prospects. Picking a player based on him being a reach is flawed logic unless that player is really coveted by Madden which we have no idea where Madden ranks the list of prospects.

No I'm not, I'm saying it could be the case. Not just this kid, but plenty of others who aren't ranked in that 3-12 range publicly. It's probably very unlikely, especially with this guy, but we've seen it before and as it turned out everyone was dead wrong.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
With Dallas beating Nashville, we officially cannot pick at #20 since one of St. Louis/Dallas is guaranteed to be in the conference finals.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
We need a Vegas win, which would guarantee our pick is no higher than 23.
Carolina pushed their series to a game 7 today as well, which is good for us because the Metro bracket is looking least favorable to the SJ pick right now. If we can get both Vegas and Toronto (lol, like Toronto would win a game 7) to win tomorrow, we'll be assured at least pick #22, and hopefully Carolina can keep their run going.

Reactions: ADHB

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
LOL I never said the Ducks should draft him at 9. I just said I would not be surprised if he is in the mix. That's all. Maybe it's just because I like him so much. I still hope for Krebs, Zegras or Boldy. The latter is my first choice at the moment, while I was a huge admirer of Zegras and Newhook earlier this season.
Love Hoglander too. A guy you could look back on and wonder how he was taken so low. Don't want him at nine but really hope he's taken with the 2nd first

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Caufield had 8 in 3, currently has 2 in game 4 giving him 10 in 4 so far.

Pretty impressive showing so far.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I'm completely sold on Boldy at this point. Just hoping he lasts to 9. The only guys I like more are Hughes/Kakko/Dach which I think will be the top 3.

Reactions: alcolol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad