Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
Sooooo can we open the Kakko thread back up? There is a really strong chance we will draft him.... Would seem kind of weird if the Devils drafted him and there was only a Hughes thread on here.

Reactions: mdj12784

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It wasn't then. In hindsight sure, but at the time it made sense. Just sucks that Grabner literally played the worst hockey of his entire career during his time here.

NJ made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. To me nothing NJ did that year was wrong. Making the playoffs was huge. I’d like the team to have Rykov on the reserve list but if he is passing on the Rangers I don’t see him wanting to play in NJ.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
NJ made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. To me nothing NJ did that year was wrong. Making the playoffs was huge. I’d like the team to have Rykov on the reserve list but if he is passing on the Rangers I don’t see him wanting to play in NJ.

The second rounder was more valuable than Rykov

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I keep flip flopping on whether to attend the draft. Rational side of my brain keeps telling me to save the money/time/effort and just watch it from home. Irrational side of my brain enjoys being there.

Reactions: Colin226

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I keep flip flopping on whether to attend the draft. Rational side of my brain keeps telling me to save the money/time/effort and just watch it from home. Irrational side of my brain enjoys being there.

go! in the words of the ultimate devils fan, you gotta support the team

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dreger and Button (among others) still have it as decided. I’m sure someone got to Devils social media to compel them to give lip service to suspense but if we don’t hear about a shift or second thoughts after the WC’s there won’t be one.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah, I'm sure it's done for "dramatic effect". Keep in mind that these scouts still have a job to do, no matter how obvious of a decision some may feel it is. Those European scouts have to still relay everything over on Kakko.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Kakko as been kinda of quite as of late. And if u really think about it he has 3 goals and two empty netters. 3 points doesn’t really woo me. Hughes is my pick. His skating and IQ are of the charts. Watching players like McDavid and Barzal skate around the opposition does woo me. Kakko will be a real good, however, Hughes can be a generational player as he ages and grows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkauron

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012

You've been to them before too, so you've got your own preferences. I went to it in 2013 at the Rock, and from my standpoint it's only enjoyable to go to if you're with a group of people who are also really into it. Otherwise, the fun of the draft is the drama most of which you miss if you're actually there. If you want to use it as an excuse to hang out in Vancouver, that's another story.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
You've been to them before too, so you've got your own preferences. I went to it in 2013 at the Rock, and from my standpoint it's only enjoyable to go to if you're with a group of people who are also really into it. Otherwise, the fun of the draft is the drama most of which you miss if you're actually there. If you want to use it as an excuse to hang out in Vancouver, that's another story.

Yeah it's definitely a niche event. I didn't go in 2013, but that one was a little bit different since it was all in one day. That might not have been the most fun marathon session. Part of the amusement for me is loitering after days 1 and 2, usually some decent opportunities to get pictures/autographs with certain players/execs.

It's too bad, my old college roommate lives in Seattle but works out of Vancouver Monday-Thursday. Since I'm still shameless, I thought I might have free housing lined up but he'll be headed down to Seattle by the time I'd get to Vancouver. I've been in a keeper league since 1999 with some assorted folks in HF, a few of them live near Vancouver so they want to meet up. One of the guys in the league picked me up from the airport and housed me for the 2011 Draft in Minnesota.

If the Devils weren't picking in the top 2, I think this would have been an easy pass for me.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Seider has some connections to the Kings organization with assistant coach Marco Sturm probably well plugged in with the German national squad. Owen Sound has Seider's CHL rights, so they've probably kept an eye on him this season; Kings assistant GM Mike Futa's previous job before joining LA was GM of Owen Sound so he seemingly still has ties to the club. I think they've plucked a scout or two from Owen Sound in recent years as well (they've drafted an Owen Sound prospect in each of the last three years).

Could see the Kings taking him at #22 and definitely could take him if he were there at #33.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->