Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don’t expect us to draft with all those 2nds, but definitely more interested in possible 2nd round steals, or a name of a guy we could poach by trading back into the first round.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
We are quickly rising in the standings. Sens have lost 5 straight, Wings 6 straight, and Kings 9 straight.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
We are quickly rising in the standings. Sens have lost 5 straight, Wings 6 straight, and Kings 9 straight.

Cory doing what Cory does. The chance of us getting a top 3 pick was always going to be all about the lottery. 5-7 in the standings is where I predicted we would fall, which would guarantee a top 10 pick. I stand by that, as I don’t see us maintaining or going on some crazy run.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Cory is 4-8-2 this year and is somehow getting blamed for us not getting Hughes or Kakko, not the teams that are completely inept below us. Also 12 of our 19 final games are against teams fighting for playoff spots. People need to relax.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Cory is 4-8-2 this year and is somehow getting blamed for us not getting Hughes or Kakko, not the teams that are completely inept below us. Also 12 of our 19 final games are against teams fighting for playoff spots. People need to relax.

You need to relax :laugh:. I was just trying to make people laugh. If you can’t find the humor in the dead corpse of a goalie we saw these past 12 months, all of a sudden winning 4 out of his last 5 then I don’t know what to tell you. But yes, his terrible play (and Keith’s) put us down that far to begin with.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
You need to relax :laugh:. I was just trying to make people laugh. If you can’t find the humor in the dead corpse of a goalie we saw these past 12 months, all of a sudden winning 4 out of his last 5 then I don’t know what to tell you. But yes, his terrible play (and Keith’s) put us down that far to begin with.

I don't see the joke but I'll take your word for it haha I'm relaxed man I think we struggle to win games down the stretch here, not an easy schedule for us. Plus the lottery will always give me hope.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
With more wins our chances at a top 5 pick drastic go down

The numbers don't lie, they spell disaster for us

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I can see Ray using the 2nds to trade back into the 1st.

With our odds fading at 1/2, my top wants:

1) Dach
2) Byram
3) Turcotte
4) Cozens
5) Zegras

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I can see Ray using the 2nds to trade back into the 1st.

With our odds fading at 1/2, my top wants:

1) Dach
2) Byram
3) Turcotte
4) Cozens
5) Zegras

oof i will be really disappointed if we select dach. of the ones you mentioned, i’d prefer-

byram
cozens
turcotte
zegras

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Why so? Dach has some incredible hands for a guy his size. Could be the next Getzlaf.

i just don’t want him at 5, for example, when there are others available that check off more boxes. i’d like to stay consistent with how we’ve been building, and in the (limited) footage i’ve seen he seems a bit slower than i’d like with a top 5 pick. he also doesn’t seem to know how to use his size to his advantage.

again, i haven’t watched him play as much as i’ve seen cozens for example so i could be wrong...but if his best selling point is his hands, i’d rather target someone else

Reactions: MichaelJ

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I just saw the lineup and injury report...we will 100% be a bottom 5 team.

Oh that was just my Steiner math based on the few posts prior

We're definitely going to lose games...between injuries, our usual performance on the road, and just not having a whole lot to play for against some of these playoff bound teams

Spoiler is about the only role we have as a team at this point

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
i just don’t want him at 5, for example, when there are others available that check off more boxes. i’d like to stay consistent with how we’ve been building, and in the (limited) footage i’ve seen he seems a bit slower than i’d like with a top 5 pick. he also doesn’t seem to know how to use his size to his advantage.

again, i haven’t watched him play as much as i’ve seen cozens for example so i could be wrong...but if his best selling point is his hands, i’d rather target someone else

Fair point. I wouldn't mind if we took Turcotte over any of the guys I mentioned. Checks off everything the Devils would want.

Reactions: MartyOwns
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->