Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Last year was a generational names draft with Bode Wilde, Blade Jenkins, Angus Crookshank, and Nando Eggenberger.

There's a 2020 eligible player named Hugo Styf, which I really hope is pronounced "Stiff"

ahhhh angus crookshank...that’s the one i was thinking of

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Was Hughes touted as a generational player before? I always viewed him as possibly franchise player, like patrick kane although I personally don't think he'll be as good as kane.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
If Jack Hughes was canadian he's the next McDavid... Watch highlights of him this year skating with the puck, it's incredible to watch.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Hughes is elite. Not generational but ELITE

He’s in the tier with pastrnak, Tarasenko, gaudreau, hall,Seguin......

He’s no McDavid or Matthews though

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I've gotta say, the way our team is shaping up right now, this may be the first time in my hockey watching life where I'm legitimately concerned about size, after years of waiting for us to get faster and more skilled.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I've gotta say, the way our team is shaping up right now, this may be the first time in my hockey watching life where I'm legitimately concerned about size, after years of waiting for us to get faster and more skilled.

They get pushed around a lot. The team needs some size. I don’t think anyone who wants bigger players is looking for goons. What we’ve wanted is bigger players who are also quick and skilled. Cozens seems to fit that perfectly. Kakko too, but he’ll likely be gone.

Reactions: Oneiro

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

They get pushed around a lot. The team needs some size. I don’t think anyone who wants bigger players is looking for goons. What we’ve wanted is bigger players who are also quick and skilled. Cozens seems to fit that perfectly. Kakko too, but he’ll likely be gone.

yep a lot of us are probably scared of these big players because of the previous regime's drafting style but the truth is, we have enough skilled players now (possibly more to come) and we really need some size too.

Reactions: MichaelJ

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Who are the top shooters in this draft? I’m sick of watching us pass on every 2 on 1. It’s pathetic how many guys will not shoot on this team and defer.

From what I’ve read Hughes is in the mold of Hischier and Barzal which may be redundant on this team. No one has a good shot besides Palms and occasionally Bratt.

Our PP sucks because no one can shoot. Palms, Vats and Severson can’t be your top shooters. Hall, Hischier, Bratt, Marjo, Butcher, Boyle and Zajac are not shooters. Our PP scares no one even if we get zone entry.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Who are the top shooters in this draft? I’m sick of watching us pass on every 2 on 1. It’s pathetic how many guys will not shoot on this team and defer.

From what I’ve read Hughes is in the mold of Hischier and Barzal which may be redundant on this team. No one has a good shot besides Palms and occasionally Bratt.

Our PP sucks because no one can shoot. Palms, Vats and Severson can’t be your top shooters. Hall, Hischier, Bratt, Marjo, Butcher, Boyle and Zajac are not shooters. Our PP scares no one even if we get zone entry.

Kakko, Podkolzin, Boldy, Lavoie are the best pure shooters.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
BPA is the way to go but seems like Kakko is the ideal player for us in this draft. I do think we will have a top 5 pick so this may be a possibility.

I think at 1 or 2 Kakko is who we take just because we need someone like him and he's close to hughes if not at the same level.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I'm really leaning towards Kappo even if we draft #1. The size an skill is undeniable an he's doing it in a mens league right now at age 17 putting up 20 pts 9 goals through 27 games for TPS.

It's impressive.

A strong WJC could bump him up to #1 in the rankings.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmNomNom and dk3790

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Hughes, Kakko among top 2019 NHL Draft prospects to watch at WJC

Missing the Russian but here’s a list of who to look out for at the WJC

I'm interested to see what Broberg does, that sweden D is deep, but hopefully he gets some significant playing time. He is an unreal skater and very skilled, but is known to be careless at times and the Defensive IQ isn't all there. Ceiling is as big as it gets though with how skilled he is. I'm more of a Byram guy, but Broberg is someone that I'm interested to see in such a high skill tournament having to defend.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->