GDT: 2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC 5:00 PDT/8:00 EST NBSCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Im still shocked Seider went 6th.I knew he was a late riser,but not that much.Byram falling into the Avs laps was unreal.With Makar,Girard and now Byram,they have the start of a monster All World D Core.They are going to be an unreal powerhouse in that conference for many years to come.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Ok guys so here’s my experience from the Draft Party last night: I sat in the last row on the floor level of MSG, and as it turned out I was sitting next to Adam Fox’s brother and their neighbors! I know, I was thinking the same thing ah it’s just stupid kids talking shit, but when they interviewed Adam on the scoreboard you could see clear as day this kid was Fox’s brother. They looked exactly the same and sounded the same. They were all cool as hell and told me stories about the Fox home and how the dad set up a roller rink in the basement. These guys have been neighbors and friends pretty much their whole lives so it was really cool for me to experience these guys being so happy. I felt like a dick but I asked his brother if it was true about how he didn’t wanna play for Calgary or Carolina because he wanted to only play for the Rangers. His exact response was “That’s fake news.” He said while it is true the Fox family are big Rangers fans the real reason Adam didn’t want to sign in Calgary and Carolina was because they both had a lot of defensive prospects and he didn’t feel like he would have gotten an opportunity to play. Interesting info I had to share with you guys. His brother apparently was also a really good hockey player and then he got some freak hip condition and had to stop playing at a young age. The brother also played against DeAngelo while growing up which I found funny and cool. They were all bombed by the end of the party but it was a cool experience just randomly sitting next to his brother and neighbors, I was like why the f*** are these fraternity looking dudes going crazy every time Adam Fox’s name was mentioned? Also about the setup, yeah the Rangers did have some prospects there that you could meet but the lines were awful. They did an awful job presenting the draft in general, after the Rangers pick they took the draft off of the scoreboard for a few picks and had the MSG staff give their take on the Kakko pick and a lot fans were pissed because they wanted to watch the draft, not hear John Giannone hype up Kakko. I left after like the 9th pick and thankfully I did because the Rangers didn’t do anything the rest of the night.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It was actually Brassgod for Zibs but I know what you were eluding too.

I don't know I'm kind of torn about this as maybe I'm on an island here but I don't see 7 mill for 6 or 7 is totally unreasonable for Kreider. To me he seems like a guy who won't just dissapear or be ineffective when he hits the 35-36 years of age level. He's always been in great shape and so long as he doesn't suffer any leg injuries, he'll still be fast as ****.

Worst case scenario for me is let's play this out till the deadline and see if he'll sign for something reasonable. If he wants 8.5 or 9, yeah, we have to deal him. But if it's in the 7 mill for 7 range, I really don't think it's something we should unilaterally say no ****ing way. Maybe that's just me. He's been a good Ranger maybe not a great one and he is very valuable to this team. I'd try my best to keep him.

Now obviously if we somehow sign Panarin, well yeah, we have to get what we can get for Kreider.

29 when he hits free agency. Watch him start to slow down in 3-4 years time. Have fun with the other 3-4 years remaining. We never learn.

Reactions: Faceless

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Have to say, no movement isn't really a surprise to me. I don't think Kreider/Buch were being dangled for picks. I think they're looking for players coming back for those two. No surprise if Vesey is on the move today to Buffalo for #67 or, maybe, one of Carolina's 3 2nd's. Let's see.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
If this was posted already please delete. I didn't catch this, but could you imagine if this were a real trade? Wow. Gotta wonder how this happened.

nbcsn-nhl-draft-rangers-devils-trade-gaffe.jpg

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Good stuff Joey Bones. Suprised they would have kicked y'all out after just 10 picks...not kool at all as I would have been very pissed.

I saw as well from a video or two that RJ Barrett and that other Knicks draft pick was there which was pretty kool as they seemed to be well received. I think this Barrett guy is going to be a nice addition to the Knicks.

The videos I've seen on YouTube indicated the place was rocking and rolling when the Kakko picked was made which was really kool to see. Also kool that you met up with a few Ranger brothers as well.

Curious about two things:

What was the reaction at MSG when the Hughes pick was made? Peeps ecstatic that we were in fact getting Kakko or was their booing cause it was the Debbies who were getting Hughes?

What was the reaction at MSG when the Seider pick by Yzerman at 6 overall was made? To me, that was THE only curve ball that was thrown last night. I know myself, most everyone here on the board and even Seider himself were in shock as I know for myself I kept saying "wow...wow...wow...wow..wow"...lol

Were there enough peeps at the Garden who knew their hockey who also knew what a reach that pick was or was it a crowd who was just there because of the Kakko hype and didn't even know who Morris Seider was?....lol
I can tell you the Rangers fans booed Hughes every time they showed him on the scoreboard. Which puzzled me because what if in that small chance the Devils passed on him and he was a Ranger? I can understand booing him after the Devils drafted him, and lemme tell ya the fans at MSG did that, but it made no sense to boo Hughes before the pick. Also funny, 2 Devils fans were at the draft party wearing all Devils gear which was idiotic, like really? Why would you go to the Rangers draft party? Did you get off at the wrong Penn Station? Also every time Kakko’s face was shown on the scoreboard the fans went nuts, total chaos.

Reactions: Maximus

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
The NHL draft is held over a two-day period. Round 1 took place Friday night on NBCSN, while Rounds 2 through 7 will air on the NHL Network on Saturday beginning at 1 p.m.

Yeah, I was looking at 7 PM, where it's apparently being rebroadcast. Sorry about that guys.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
My response to the trade (in the trade thread) was that I'm reserving judgement until I see what happens with any extension... If they don't get him re-signed before UFA, I don't like the trade... If they sign him to an extension, but it cost us $9 mil per season, I don't like the trade...

No the 'net loss' for acquiring Trouba was the 1st rounder plus Pionk...

These are separate transactions....

If we don't trade for Trouba then we count that first rounder as a valuable asset, right?

That we traded Kevin Hayes, who was an asset to teams leading up to the trade deadline, for that 1st rounder does not negate the value of that assset (the pick) when later included in a trade...

The trade was NOT Hayes & Pionk for Trouba Lemiuex... Yet that's what fans want to claim because they think it makes us look better...

No, the trade was not Hayes and pionk for trouba and Lemieux, but at the end of that day, that's what it all amounted to

Regardless of the other component that allowed the deals to happen, without the 1st coming and going.

It was a big part of both trans actions, but net net, Hayes and Pionk are the assets the Rangers moved that ultimately acquired Trouba and Lemieux.

That said, I do concede that they are completely separate transactions and looking at it in that light, as they should be, Pionk and the 1st was used to net Trouba

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Have to say, no movement isn't really a surprise to me. I don't think Kreider/Buch were being dangled for picks. I think they're looking for players coming back for those two. No surprise if Vesey is on the move today to Buffalo for #67 or, maybe, one of Carolina's 3 2nd's. Let's see.

It's funny. I feel that it's actually the complete opposite. I think the Rangers were offering them up and the other teams chose to pass them by.

It's a much different atmosphere when you're at the draft. In general, picks are abstract, you don't know who will be there, it's just a number.

But all of a sudden, draft weekend roles around and things become a lot more tangible. You can get your hands on one of these young, excitable prospects where sky's the limit.

I think that, along with the general fact that young, cost-controlled assets are more important than ever before, creates a relatively negative environment for trades to occur.

The deadline, where picks still maintain that abstract factor, makes it much easier for them to be tossed around like candy. Kreider will get a first round pick, maybe there wasn't a great one available last night, but at the deadline he surely can. And I'm fine waiting if that's the best move.

The issue I really don't want to see, is us re-signing him.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
It's funny. I feel that it's actually the complete opposite. I think the Rangers were offering them up and the other teams chose to pass them by.

It's a much different atmosphere when you're at the draft. In general, picks are abstract, you don't know who will be there, it's just a number.

But all of a sudden, draft weekend roles around and things become a lot more tangible. You can get your hands on one of these young, excitable prospects where sky's the limit.

I think that, along with the general fact that young, cost-controlled assets are more important than ever before, creates a relatively negative environment for trades to occur.

The deadline, where picks still maintain that abstract factor, makes it much easier for them to be tossed around like candy. Kreider will get a first round pick, maybe there wasn't a great one available last night, but at the deadline he surely can. And I'm fine waiting if that's the best move.

Agree, for what he's going to cost I don't want to sign him.

I get why some fans like the guy and what he brings, but he's a Ranger that I was always "meh" about. I don't dislike him, but I don't really care if he's a Ranger or not. I could never really put my finger on it.

I was thinking Kreider/Buch were being dangled in talks - maybe Barrie, Ristolainen, Nylander, etc... Not sure who their dancing partners were, but I really don't think they were looking for picks for those two. Maybe @Edge can add some insight to that. Vesey, though, I think is toast with our upcoming wings and wing depth.

Reactions: Faceless

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He's getting moved.

Might be today, may be tomorrow, may be in the end of July, but there is going to be a strong market for him, that won't change.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Everyone talks about what trade assets Kreider can return and the value that will bring back to the organization, but what about the value he could bring this season in helping to teach Kakko and Kravtsov? Allowing them to fly under the radar and get favorable match ups, where they wont need to be "the guy" right away in their rookie years.

I am not saying we shouldnt trade him, I think he should be at the very least traded for assets at the trade deadline, but I do think there is a question if he is more valuable sticking around for a few months while some of the young kids get their feet wet and learn how to use their bodies to protect themselves and the puck. If the right deal comes across now, or after free agency starts then sure, trade him

there other types of value he brings besides assets via trade that should also be weighed

Kakko ain't gonna fly under any radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->