GDT: 2019 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Can anyone think of one example in very recent years (as the game switched to speed) where a prospect needed to work on their skating and then became a good skater at the NHL level?

That's just a legit question. Not saying it can go either way. Just wondering out loud.

None. If you can't skate at age 18. There's nothing that can be done.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
So whose getting traded for us to get draft picks and prospects if they aren’t moving letang or Kessel our GM is a liar lol

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Thank you. Good stuff. There's hope! I honestly don't follow draft stuff because I can't stop laughing at these idiots on NBC saying a #15th pick overall has NHL skills equivalent to a European soccer mega star.

So other than laughing at it, I don't track it and remember down the road.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Can anyone think of one example in very recent years (as the game switched to speed) where a prospect needed to work on their skating and then became a good skater at the NHL level?

That's just a legit question. Not saying it can go either way. Just wondering out loud.

Bryan Rust.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Getzlaf and Perry are the two guys I always think of first... there were questions about their skating and they slipped.

The monster under JRs bed also had some questions about his skating coming out. Was considered a choppy skater.

Lucic same deal.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

But 3rd line upside!!!!

He is huge for his age, but I doubt that he is so huge that he is going to be able to walk over NHL players in a similar way.

My primary concern is the same as the Reaves trade. The Pens had a system. Finally. It worked. And then they went 180 degrees the other way for no good reason.

This kid may turn into a servicable player, but he does not fit what the Pens did to win a cup at all. Yeah, there were some gritty players like Horny on that team, but he parked in front of the net and battled there. I could think of several out west teams where a kid like this would fit, but the Pens were something else entirely and unilaterally disarmed. This kid is from what I can see making the same mistake all over again and never learing.

Reactions: Andy99 and domaug
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad