GDT: 2019 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustybreaks

Dec 31, 2012
Just because scouts or the TSN/NBC panel says a prospect needs to work on skating doesn't mean it's ****. C'mon, you REALLY think a prospect at 21 isn't going to have some criticism to his game? Not every single player on the Pens roster is going to have 5* speed; it's just not realistic

When they say he needs to work on his skating they’re not referring to just his speed. He’s literally just a week skater.

Reactions: domaug

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Kaliyev must have some issues to have fallen this far. Especially past teams like Nash and the Isles that typically take those kind of risks to get skills.

Isles learned their lesson with Ho Sang and have Barry at the helm now, who left Washington in part because of issues with the grape ape playing the "right way."Preds probably dont want any more "character" issues either.

Someone is going to take a chance on this kid. But NHL network has been replaying the supposed "compete" issue story all week on this guy.

It puts GMs in a tough spot in the 1st round. If the kid is like "everyone" says, and you pick him, it will go a long way into sealing your demise after a bad season.

I wouldve been ok with him, because at worst, its a wasted pick and GMJR loses his job sooner.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I have a good feeling about this Sammy Pou. Maybe it's just me, but when his name was called but he looked more thrilled than like the last 3 or for draftees. Particularly Harley Thomas lol

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
We need to find a Billy Tibetts in the rough next pick.

Lets just sign Tibbetts, he looks like he still has it.

BM7hg8uCQAAb24P.jpg

Extra Gloves

Jun 21, 2019
None of these players in this years draft are supposedly NHL ready...

Geno will be in the khl before he plays for us...

He won’t play for the Pens for another 5 years anyway.

now, Poulin is a Penguin.

I'm begging him to make me eat my words in the next 8 years.

He actually died 23 years ago.

Poulin’s time line as a Penguin.

(Last one wasn’t actually about Poulin :laugh:)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Seems they went with compete over speed here.
Remember that scouting video "...but how is his compete(level)?"

It's not the worst pick but it is a pretty safe one.
I'll settle in as "Not Bad.".

And let's be honest, he's probably trade bait these next 2-3 seasons so...

Reactions: CoyoteSkyDiver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->