Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
Check out this German kid called "Moritz Seider" (guy in the white). Absolute beast of a defender who is playing on the highest German hockey level as a 17 year old. He is projected to go mid 1st or late 1st round. This guy is huge and gets physical. He also has a decent shot! He is flying under the rader. Definitely a raw project.

A friend of mine is a scout and compared this kid favorable to his countryman Christian Erhoff. Really like the sounds of that.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kakko played center today... and scored 2 goals.

My god this guy taps unreal potential. He started the season great, then struggled a bit, and is now getting back to huge form. I really think we have to consider him for us as a center and at least not exclude him anyhow because of the former winger status.

He is doing everything much better than for example Kotkaniemi last year. Centers currently the TOP line on Finnish TOP3 team. Kärpät, TPS and Tappara look to be on another level than anybody else at this season in FEL.

Guy plays 100% center game, no matter on what position he is. He was a center at B-junior (U16) level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
If I'm excluding Kakko it'd be because I don't expect to win a lottery pick. I would be as excited for him as Hughes or Dach. (Not that I believe they're equal, but I would be over the moon for any of them.)

I guess Liljegren is hurt and Broberg is going to the WJC, can't wait to see him vs the top teams.

Anybody know what the injury is with Turcotte? I haven't seen any news but I am pretty interested in the player.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kakko played center today... and scored 2 goals.

My god this guy taps unreal potential. He started the season great, then struggled a bit, and is now getting back to huge form. I really think we have to consider him for us as a center and at least not exclude him anyhow because of the former winger status.

He is doing everything much better than for example Kotkaniemi last year. Centers currently the TOP line on Finnish TOP3 team. Kärpät, TPS and Tappara look to be on another level than anybody else at this season in FEL.

Guy plays 100% center game, no matter on what position he is. He was a center at B-junior (U16) level.

1 game at center prompts all of this?

I like Kakko, but this feels like a bit much. He’s played mostly wing over these last 2 years and by a lot.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1 game at center prompts all of this?

I like Kakko, but this feels like a bit much. He’s played mostly wing over these last 2 years and by a lot.

I wouldn't be so short-sighted about the position thing. He plays like a center. Winger who plays like a center pretty much is the easiest project in the World to move on center spot.

Second game for this stint. There was some previous experiments earlier in the season inside games.

Scored 0+1 on the first game and 2+0 today.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Dach with 1 pts in his last 9 games, must be slowing down so he can slide to us... I like it.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Dach with 1 pts in his last 9 games, must be slowing down so he can slide to us... I like it.
If only for the Looney Tunes jokes.

bugs-bunny__oPt.jpg

Reactions: jkutswings

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
So we're on track to finish with around 79 pts and probably picking around 8-10 unless lady luck vaults us in to the top 3. Hughes, Kakko and Dach are the players I like in those spots, respectively.

Averaging some of the draft lists the names that stick out in our range are Turcotte and Broberg. What do you guys think of these players? From what I've seen of Turcotte is his skating sticks out as inefficient to say the least. Broberg while a standout at the Hlinka, seems like a very raw prospect.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So we're on track to finish with around 79 pts and probably picking around 8-10 unless lady luck vaults us in to the top 3. Hughes, Kakko and Dach are the players I like in those spots, respectively.

Averaging some of the draft lists the names that stick out in our range are Turcotte and Broberg. What do you guys think of these players? From what I've seen of Turcotte is his skating sticks out as inefficient to say the least. Broberg while a standout at the Hlinka, seems like a very raw prospect.

Nah, Turcotte is a great skater.

Have only seen Broberg at the Hlinka, so not sure about him. Turcotte is basically my ideal pick after the 3 guys you mentioned.

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
How about Alex Newhook? Looks like he’ll be a faller playing in the BCHL. FC and Button have him in the 20s but others have him higher.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Of the nine teams below us in the standings, eight have played fewer games. It wouldn't take a massive swing for us to fall 3-5 spots.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Of the nine teams below us in the standings, eight have played fewer games. It wouldn't take a massive swing for us to fall 3-5 spots.

Yeah, 5/9 of those teams could overcome us just by matching games in hand. Which isn’t surprising. I think half the teams below us should be ahead of us and are underperforming for one reason or another. I see us reasonably landing 4-6 but I think we could feasibly end up 2-3 (in the standings - not post lottery).

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Yeah but look at their points... those teams are playing below our point pace. We’ve passed the 1/3 mark...I don’t see half those teams passing us. I hope I’m wrong.

Just give us a top 3 pick please hockey gods

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Nah, Turcotte is a great skater.

Have only seen Broberg at the Hlinka, so not sure about him. Turcotte is basically my ideal pick after the 3 guys you mentioned.

Curious how you rank Zegras on your list?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Thats a solid top ten imo outside of Podkolzin. Nothing against him really I just personally don't know enough about him.

I like Suzuki more than most I think. He's a really good players imo, great vision. Adam Oates like. Glad you mentioned him.

Just hoping to land a top three pick or hope Suzuki slides to us.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
My current top 15 probably looks something like this:

1- Hughes
2- Dach
3- Kakko
4- Turcotte
5- Cozens
6- Podkolzin
7- Suzuki
8- Byram
9- Krebs
10- Newhook
11- Zegras
12- York
13- Boldy
14- Pelletier
15- Soderstrom

You haven't bought in on Broberg yet?

Just curious we have our differences but it isn't often I am top 5 on someone that doesn't even crack your top 15. Something you dislike in particular?

We do have the same 1 & 2.:thumbu:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I like both Broberg and Turcotte more than Kakko so that would be fine with me. This is another very good top 10 when I have watched the guys near there. I expect once fully healthy he will challenge for top 5 status over the back part of the year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You haven't bought in on Broberg yet?

Just curious we have our differences but it isn't often I am top 5 on someone that doesn't even crack your top 15. Something you dislike in particular?

We do have the same 1 & 2.:thumbu:

It’s more I have only seen him at the Hlinka, and haven’t seen him since. People I trust lead me to believe that may have been a flash in the pan, kind of like we saw with Cajkovic in that tournament.

I want to wait and see a bit before I put him top 10, personally. I do understand the appeal with the size/skating.

Last edited:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
My current top 15 probably looks something like this:

1- Hughes
2- Dach
3- Kakko
4- Turcotte
5- Cozens
6- Podkolzin
7- Suzuki
8- Byram
9- Krebs
10- Newhook
11- Zegras
12- York
13- Boldy
14- Pelletier
15- Soderstrom

Good list. I am not a Suzuki guy personally and would have him in the mid-teens but I like the relative rankings of the others. I am not sure I would have the stones to take Dach over Kakko if I was standing at the podium but I understand why you might want to if you were picking for the Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad