Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Best teams usually play their best games second part of the season. We are now, eventually we will get someone 1 -15. 2018 draft had great #1 and then probably 15 more not that different between them. Next year is similar only difference that Hughes not so great this year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think Newhook plays in the BCHL with Victoria.

Right, either way those are leagues I have no way to see.

Good news is there is a lot of talent in Western Canada for this draft which, is where we have a big presence in scouting.

Reactions: The Zarn

Sleestak Nation

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
Right, either way those are leagues I have no way to see.

Good news is there is a lot of talent in Western Canada for this draft which, is where we have a big presence in scouting.
It's too bad he doesn't play in the AJHL. I live in Alberta and saw some of Makar and Anderson-Dolan the last couple of years which was nice.

This year I've seen Cozens once (looked awful) and Dach twice (looked amazing) and have designs on seeing a game with Krebs, whom I was unimpressed by at the Hlinka games I saw, and Byram if he doesn't make Canada's WJC team because the Giants swing through AB just before New Years.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
-Kirby Dach is making a strong push for the #2 spot in this draft.
-Brett Leason is killing it as an overager in the WHL
-Jakob Pelletier is very impressive and could a big steal for someone.

Last edited:

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
How good are the top Dman expected to be? Do they have top pairing potential?
It's still pretty tough to say. This is definitely a C draft before a D draft. That being said, I see no reason why Bowen Byram, for example, doesn't have top pairing upside. He's pretty solidly in the top 10 for me right now.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
It's still pretty tough to say. This is definitely a C draft before a D draft. That being said, I see no reason why Bowen Byram, for example, doesn't have top pairing upside. He's pretty solidly in the top 10 for me right now.

Yeah I noticed that. Was just curious because I dont hear much about the D for this draft. It's still early though

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yeah I noticed that. Was just curious because I dont hear much about the D for this draft. It's still early though
The forward prospects have started the year off really really well, and while Byram has been good, he hasn't been Kirby Dach good. I think he could have top pair upside, but right now I'm looking at a forward in the top 6.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
The forward prospects have started the year off really really well, and while Byram has been good, he hasn't been Kirby Dach good. I think he could have top pair upside, but right now I'm looking at a forward in the top 6.

Thanks for the input. Dach is starting to grow on me big time. But when do we get something good on the backend? I dont see it happening this year. makes me think we will have to do a 1 for 1 trade eventually

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kris Draper said on the development camp that they like those big centers. Imo, that's Dach, Lavoie & Cozens.

More of Dach/Cozens now with the 1st pick, then maybe Lavoie with lower one if he falls a lot.

I was moreso asking for people’s opinions, but I do recall that.

Lavoie is actually someone I am hoping we stay away from. Not because I think he’s bad, just because he’s a winger and he has a redundant skill set.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Who do we like?

Who do we not like?
I don't know that the former is a short list. Lots of players off to a good start.

Not incredibly likely, but if this persists, my biggest preference would be to find a way to end up with 2 picks in the top 15, because there could be some really good talent falling a little farther than it should.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Dach has been killing it, but his skating is not so great. Not sure how I feel about it, he’s almost like the anti-Larkin. Lags back on the rush, pure playmaker, right handed, etc... Lots of skill though.

I think I still prefer Cozens by a hair because of his advantage in skating, but I’d be stoked with either.

Turcotte is the guy who has both the speed and skill I like. Him being hurt might be a blessing for us, tbh.

Krebs is someone I’m torn on. Very good skater, and he is playing purely center this year... but not sure if his offensive game projects as well as the others?

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Dach has been killing it, but his skating is not so great. Not sure how I feel about it, he’s almost like the anti-Larkin. Lags back on the rush, pure playmaker, right handed, etc... Lots of skill though.

I think I still prefer Cozens by a hair because of his advantage in skating, but I’d be stoked with either.

Turcotte is the guy who has both the speed and skill I like. Him being hurt might be a blessing for us, tbh.

Krebs is someone I’m torn on. Very good skater, and he is playing purely center this year... but not sure if his offensive game projects as well as the others?
I'm personally hoping for Dach at this point. I think we could really use that playmaking C to complement Larkin.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Are people worried Wings are winning too much?

a bit,i'm not really fully convinced they won't get one but this teams flat out not going anywhere without higher draft picks

if they don't end up getting some soon they're in for a ~20 year wait before becoming truly competitive again which is a shame

honestly if they don't end up getting a high pick this year i'd probably be in favor of going full scorched earth including trading Larkin,i'd rather be 10 years off than 20

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
In this 2019 draft positition will be quite meaningless, with so many equally talented players.

We'll still drop on the bottom5 and draft ~6-7 overall.

Winning the lottery could change things, but not much. It's also very unprobable, so I'm not banking anything on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad