Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft tracker

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
He's making a joke about names with "kk" in them.

If Blues really gets let's say TOP5 pick and it turns one of Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Cozens or Podkolzin
It would be really stupid to even consider trade world class prospect to player rights some KHL defenceman like Pokka.

Ville Pokka never wasn't enough good to make it in NHL.
And i don't see him returning to North America after his KHL journey.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
If Blues really gets let's say TOP5 pick and it turns one of Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Cozens or Podkolzin
It would be really stupid to even consider trade world class prospect to player rights some KHL defenceman like Pokka.

I think the intent was to suggest the Blues should trade for Pokka so the can collect another similar sounding name to the guys he mentioned, not that the Blues should trade all (or any of) the guys he mentioned for Pokka.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

He's not saying that he's going to trade Kakko for Pokka. It was two separate transactions.

1. Draft Kakko.
2. Trade for Pokka with other assets.
3. Have roster filled with players that have "kk" in their last name (Bokk, Mikkola,etc.)

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I don't get a joke. 'kk' in the surname. :huh:

How that's funny?

In the same way that having Schwartz and Schmaltz on the same team, and then bringing back the ghost of Marek Schwarz would be funny. Or having Fabbri and trading Nashville for Dante Fabbro. Or a team full of Johnsons. The names are similar, that’s the “joke.”

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
In the same way that having Schwartz and Schmaltz on the same team, and then bringing back the ghost of Marek Schwarz would be funny. Or having Fabbri and trading Nashville for Dante Fabbro. Or a team full of Johnsons. The names are similar, that’s the “joke.”
I get having all schmaltz or schwartz on team, but mikkola, pokka, bokk isn't funny at all.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
If the Blues wind up picking around 10th overall I would really like to see them take Raphaël Lavoie

Raphi is sloooow. I haven’t seen him this year yet, but watching him last year he just seemed to think the game slow, is bad at maneuvering in tight quarters, and doesn’t really have any “zip” to his game at all. Idk, maybe he’s improved a lot, but he seems like the prototypical guy who excels on a top team in a relatively weak league relying almost entirely on the fact that he’s about 5 inches bigger than anyone else. There will be a lot more “surefire” guys on the board this year, Lavoie shouldn’t go any higher than 20, imo, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him drop out of the first round altogether considering how some other guys are trending.

Reactions: OSA

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I get having all schmaltz or schwartz on team, but mikkola, pokka, bokk isn't funny at all.

Well in North America we rarely see double K’s together, so I guess that’s where the misunderstanding is coming from. It isn’t like laugh-out-loud funny, it’s more of an unusual coincidence I guess.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I'd rather have a top tenner than another pointless first/second round exit.
I’ll take a 2nd round appearance any year. By that point, with 8 teams left, you are one hot goalie streak from making the Finals. Any team could do that if the stars line up.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
tenor.gif

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Kirby Dach would be a nice consolation prize for this awful season. We’re probably going to need to win one of the draft lottery spots to get him, so in some ways it doesn’t really matter how bad we play from here on out we’ll have a shot at him regardless, but out-sucking the Kings the rest of the way would give us a great shot. We need like a ten game losing streak or so to cement our place at the bottom. I think we only play LA one more time this year, but we still have two matchups with the Panthers to hopefully lose ground. We’d have to shift Thomas or Bozak to the wing in the future, but there are always injuries so having too many centers is never a bad thing.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I know it’s early but I highly doubt with how this team is playing right now we are gonna make the dance and I just don’t see them making the dance.

So with that being said, is there really a possibility LoseForHughes is a reality?

If we wouldn’t end up with #1 then who’s the easy 2nd and 3rd pick? I hate watching this all year but if we ended up with Hughes that would be insane.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I know it’s early but I highly doubt with how this team is playing right now we are gonna make the dance and I just don’t see them making the dance.

So with that being said, is there really a possibility LoseForHughes is a reality?

If we wouldn’t end up with #1 then who’s the easy 2nd and 3rd pick? I hate watching this all year but if we ended up with Hughes that would be insane.

Thanks for the assist, whomever moved my post. I appreciate it. I am blind this morning and didn’t see this thread lol

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012

First post in this thread gives a pretty good rundown of the top six guys. Hughes is definitely a possibility, but even with the worst record in the league we only have a 25% chance at him so it’s highly unlikely. Top five pick is definitely withi reason though.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Change last letter of Kakko and you have poop word in Finnish. Kakka
That's pretty much an international word that crosses into many different language groups, simply spelled differently (would be "caca" or "ca-ca" in English, Spanish and others). But aren't we supposed to be talking about hockey here?

The Blues seem to be headed for a Top 10 pick, which will be protected, If it lands within The Top 5, it should result in a very good player.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Kings won, which is good for our pursuit of the bottom, but the Oilers Devils and Yotes all lost. I don’t think we need to be concerned about the Yotes, but the Oilers and Devils might pose a real threat. It’s going to be difficult to lose more than all of these other bad teams. Really need to take care of our head to head matchups. We did get a bit fortunate with bad teams like the Rangers and Canucks getting off to a relatively hot start.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
I'm starting to warm to the idea of a top 5 or 7 pick, drafting an elite player on an ELC, hire a new/better permanent head coach, trade some unnecessary or expiring contracts, and retool in the offseason. it might be the best thing for this core of players. Kyrou, Thomas, Kostin, all one year older and hopefully better able to contribute, the same with Fabbri. can never have enough cheap young talent.

of course if they pull their heads outta their asses and make it to the WCF or something, i wouldn't complain either.

Reactions: topshelf331

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I'm starting to warm to the idea of a top 5 or 7 pick, drafting an elite player on an ELC, hire a new/better permanent head coach, trade some unnecessary or expiring contracts, and retool in the offseason. it might be the best thing for this core of players. Kyrou, Thomas, Kostin, all one year older and hopefully better able to contribute, the same with Fabbri. can never have enough cheap young talent.

of course if they pull their heads outta their asses and make it to the WCF or something, i wouldn't complain either.

Just do one or the other. Don't come in 17th.

And that's exactly what I see happening. It's too late to make a run but there's too much talent to finish bottom 5 in the league. There are a handful of TERRIBLE rosters that will no doubt sink, and some have already started to.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Just do one or the other. Don't come in 17th.

And that's exactly what I see happening. It's too late to make a run but there's too much talent to finish bottom 5 in the league. There are a handful of TERRIBLE rosters that will no doubt sink, and some have already started to.

Unfortunately i believe the same thing will happen.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
For anyone who has watched Hughes a bit, is he more RNH or Patty Kane? I chose those two as they’re lean/slight 1st overall picks. Obviously they play different positions, but I’d like to know what level of 1st overall we’re talking about here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad