Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft tracker

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
I like Korczak a lot with a second round pick. I've seen him play and he really is an intelligent tough physical defender. Not giving Parayko a shot here, but Korczak has the git that many Blues fan wish Parayko had more of. Kaeden has good mobility and his all around game is good. He doesn't make many mistakes. Your not getting a lot of offense with him, but his presence and defensive ability on the ice translates into a solid pick.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I like Korczak a lot with a second round pick. I've seen him play and he really is an intelligent tough physical defender. Not giving Parayko a shot here, but Korczak has the git that many Blues fan wish Parayko had more of. Kaeden has good mobility and his all around game is good. He doesn't make many mistakes. Your not getting a lot of offense with him, but his presence and defensive ability on the ice translates into a solid pick.

Sounds good to me - Sporting News mock

52. St. Louis Blues: Kaedan Korczak, D, Kelowna (WHL)
A mobile, physical blueliner who is in the running for best one-on-one defender in his draft class.
I was intrigued by these posts, so I did some digging. I have to say I am sold already. I love this kind of player, and I think he is a perfect fit for the Blues. He is my early frontrunner for our 1st pick.

Last edited:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
imagine if honka falls to that spot

some lists have him that far, a few question marks. would be an exciting prospect to have.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
imagine if honka falls to that spot

some lists have him that far, a few question marks. would be an exciting prospect to have.

I’ve never understood the buzz around Honka. He isn’t better than his brother and he’s not exactly blowing the world away right now at the pro level

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I’ve never understood the buzz around Honka. He isn’t better than his brother and he’s not exactly blowing the world away right now at the pro level

9 points in 20 games last year in a mens league as a young 17 year old dman

thats very impressive, hes still putting up points this year when hes playing in liiga.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Sportsnet’s 2019 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings: March - Sportsnet.ca

giphy.gif

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I’m surprised it has taken this long for Kakko to claim the 1st spot. I think he is going to a great player. If he was pegged as a center for the past year he would have passed Hughes months ago.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I had a dream last night that we had a chance to draft a few players many of us were excited about with our top pick (the obvious choice), but we went with someone named Lias (long last name that I can't remember). I couldn't even find clips of him on the internet and was somewhat freaking out with disappointment.

This means nothing...or it is prophecy. You decide.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I had a dream last night that we had a chance to draft a few players many of us were excited about with our top pick (the obvious choice), but we went with someone named Lias (long last name that I can't remember). I couldn't even find clips of him on the internet and was somewhat freaking out with disappointment.

This means nothing...or it is prophecy. You decide.

Did even one person have a clue who Colton Parayko was when we drafted him?

Not saying that there’s someone like that in this years draft, but I am willing to give BArmy the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, I’m still dreaming that the “Russian factor” some how lands us Podkolzin(I know it isn’t happening, don’t crush my dreams), but I trust BArmy not to completely screw up the pick.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Did even one person have a clue who Colton Parayko was when we drafted him?

Not saying that there’s someone like that in this years draft, but I am willing to give BArmy the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, I’m still dreaming that the “Russian factor” some how lands us Podkolzin(I know it isn’t happening, don’t crush my dreams), but I trust BArmy not to completely screw up the pick.
This is the type of argument dream me was trying to make, especially when there wasn't even a youtube video of the kid and we traded up to the late 1st to get him.

In Bill we trust.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
i watched some games and clips last night, should draft connor horning with a mid round pick.
I've never seen him play so I checked out his stats and they're ugly. He was -77 this year! I know +/- can be misleading, but I don't think I've ever seen any so bad. And he was 30 worse than the next worst guy on team. Yikes.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I've never seen him play so I checked out his stats and they're ugly. He was -77 this year! I know +/- can be misleading, but I don't think I've ever seen any so bad. And he was 30 worse than the next worst guy on team. Yikes.

yeah, check out the team he was on

he was left to die out there at 17. he has potential imo

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
yeah, check out the team he was on

he was left to die out there at 17. he has potential imo
His team was awful, sure. And he may have great potential. But next worst +/- was -47 so ice seemed to be tilted much more when he was on it. Again I've never seen him and he may be next Bobby Orr for all I know, just observing that he sure seemed to be on ice for helluva lotta trouble.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
His team was awful, sure. And he may have great potential. But next worst +/- was -47 so ice seemed to be tilted much more when he was on it. Again I've never seen him and he may be next Bobby Orr for all I know, just observing that he sure seemed to be on ice for helluva lotta trouble.

one of the absolute worst records you can have. least amount of goals, second worst GA. hes a 17 yo dman who had to be their top dman, anyone would struggle there. his +/- was bad, but thats going to happen to any young player asked to do what he did.

he has actual potential, had a good offensive season considering what his team was. hes worth a 4th or 5th easy imo

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
one of the absolute worst records you can have. least amount of goals, second worst GA. hes a 17 yo dman who had to be their top dman, anyone would struggle there. his +/- was bad, but thats going to happen to any young player asked to do what he did.

he has actual potential, had a good offensive season considering what his team was. hes worth a 4th or 5th easy imo

Also to be considered from NHL Draft Profiles: Connor Horning - DUBNETWORK

After the dream season for the Broncos came to an end, Horning and the remaining players started to prepare for 2018-19. He knew that all of the older blue liners leaving town meant his role on the team was going to grow.

“I just had to work on all aspects of my game. My skating and conditioning especially to be prepared to play a bigger role this year. Also, to play a bigger leadership role too because at the moment I’m one of only three guys that were a part of the team last year which is crazy. I just needed to be prepared to show the rookies what it takes at this level.”

The 17-year-old d-man went from seven points last season to seven goals and 23 assists for 30 points this season. While the young team has struggled, Horning has seen a continued growth as the season has progressed.
“If you look at our game today as compared to the start of the season, we have come a long way, We are just building that chemistry for next year and the year after to push for a playoff spot and make a run. And to just gain experience for everyone. A lot of our younger guys are playing a lot and that will help them down the road.”

A season after Swift Current put up 48 wins, they have just 10. This is just a lesson in the cycle of the WHL. As the Broncos gear up for their next run, Horning, carrying his experiences from what it takes to win the league, will be leading the way.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I kind of hope and hate at same if Avs win draft lottery and they pick Kaapo Kakko. Guy who beat everybody in his first year in mens league, guys like Barkov and Laine. And everybody has kept Kakko is most matured and NHL ready. What makes Kakko even more attractive is he has played recently center position and everybody thinks he will be better in center position then wing, noting he's currently listed as winger which isn't right.

But I'm really pissed if he goes team like Wings or Kings.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I kind of hope and hate at same if Avs win draft lottery and they pick Kaapo Kakko. Guy who beat everybody in his first year in mens league, guys like Barkov and Laine. And everybody has kept Kakko is most matured and NHL ready. What makes Kakko even more attractive is he has played recently center position and everybody thinks he will be better in center position then wing, noting he's currently listed as winger which isn't right.

But I'm really pissed if he goes team like Wings or Kings.
I hope he goes to the Wings or Kings. Why would I want a team in the Central to get him?

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
He is way out of the Blues chances of drafting him, but Peyton Krebs is incredible. I used to think Dach had the best potential out of all the WHL centermen, but Krebs is an unbelievable talent that is severely underrated in this draft. He should not be rated as a potential top-10 pick. This guy should be top-5 for sure.

Reactions: OSA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad