Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft tracker

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Have you seen our current team and prospect pool? We are in desperate need of another great defender and the need will be even more urgent by the 1-2 years down the line he's ready to play here.

I'm not saying take him 3rd but I'd be thrilled with him in the 7-10 range we currently sit at.

I understand the Blues need legitimate defensive prospects. I don't want to use a top 10 pick on one. If the Blues had two high 1st round picks I'm all for one of them being used on a D.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I understand the Blues need legitimate defensive prospects. I don't want to use a top 10 pick on one. If the Blues had two high 1st round picks I'm all for one of them being used on a D.

I want to the Blues to take the best Dman and Forward in the draft, regardless of where they are projected and picked. If the best forward is later in the round, and the best dman is top 10, then draft accordingly (after having acquired the necessary picks). We don't even have a top 10 pick yet, and it's possibly more conceivable that we acquire a 1st and/or 2nd and after not getting a top 10.

But...I mean...if we get a top-10 I hope they get it right! :)

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Regardless of round 1, I will say that I 100000% want them to take the best goalie on their board with their pick in the early 2nd round, and I'll be furious if they don't do it. Hoping Spencer Knight is there.

Reactions: Zamadoo

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Blues have been scouting London.

Connor McMichael? London acquired him last year in the Thomas trade, I believe.

He good.

Maybe we are trading with Ottawa for Formenton (a man can dream)?

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

He good.

McMichael, Matvei Guskov. A real dark horse would be 20-year old undrafted Kevin Hancock, who has put up big points for a few years now. Fun fact: he also played for Daniel Tkazcuk and Drew Bannister when they were assistant coaches with Owen Sound.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

He good.

Take it with a grain of salt, but that insider guy on the Boston subforums claimed a couple of days ago that St. Louis scouts were actively scouting McMichael. I believe he's projected to go somewhere between 15-25-ish. If it's true that the Blues are scouting him that means they think there is a decent chance we will acquire a pick in that range. Or they might want to draft him if we still have our top 10 pick, but I doubt it.

Intruiging prospect though, would love to draft another Robert Thomas from London.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

It’s looking less and less like we’ll be in the running for either, but more fuel for the Kakko > Hughes debate

I didn't think either of them had a particularly noteworthy tournament in the recently completed U20, but I'm not sure that small sample size playing players that they may be unfamiliar with should really affect their draft stock too much.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I didn't think either of them had a particularly noteworthy tournament in the recently completed U20, but I'm not sure that small sample size playing players that they may be unfamiliar with should really affect their draft stock too much.
Hughes missed several games with injury so that didn't help. As to Kakko, he did score golden goal so that is something. I thought he was quite good, maybe best Finnish forward. I don't see the Forsberg comparisons but he is still impressive. In general, 17 year olds don't tend to dominate the tourney so I think he met or exceeded expectations.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Bob McKenzie's mid-season draft rankings are out (https://www.tsn.ca/it-s-still-the-jack-hughes-draft-1.1246625) and I'm quite surprised by some of the choices. I know it's not McKenzie who makes this list, but rather a team of scouts to form a consensus, but having McMichael, Pelletier, and Newhook behind the likes of Lavoie and Suzuki is strange to me.

McMichael is solid if unspectacular. Pelletier is very good but small, which will set him back. Newhook plays in the BCHL (or is it the AJHL, I can’t remember), which is a frequent knock, plus he has been kinda hot garbage in international play this year.

Suzuki is also small, but a little more explosive than Pelletier and he’s playing in a tougher league. I still don’t like Lavoie very much, but he’s got “Anaheim Ducks” written all over him.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I like this draft's crop when it comes to goalies. Unless Blues can get a late 1st or early 2nd pick I think Spencer Knight will be gone by then. But I think if Mads Sogaard is available in the 3rd, I hope they pick him up.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Pretty funny/awesome how no one posted in this thread for the last 3 weeks.

I still would like to trade up to a first round pick to get someone like McMichael, Newhook or Tomasino, but I don't think we should do that at the trade deadline. Lets just see what we can do at the draft.

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
I like this draft's crop when it comes to goalies. Unless Blues can get a late 1st or early 2nd pick I think Spencer Knight will be gone by then. But I think if Mads Sogaard is available in the 3rd, I hope they pick him up.
All teams need to draft at least one goalie pretty much every off-season. So few pan out.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
All teams need to draft at least one goalie pretty much every off-season. So few pan out.

Exactly. Blues have tried to go after a goalie every draft. I just dont see someone like Spencer Knight being available by time blues have a pick. So Mats is my 2nd choice.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
A list from The Hockey Writers (February)

43) Ben Brinkman (LD, USA, Minnesota NCAA)
44) Daniil Gutik (LW, Russia, Loko Yaroslavl MHL)
45) Albin Grewe (LC, Sweden, Djurgardens J20)
46) Michal Teply (RW, Czech Republic, Bili Tygri Liberec)
47) Valentin Nussbaumer (LC/LW, Switzerland, Shawinigan QMJHL)
48) Robert Mastrosimone (LC, USA, Chicago USHL)
49) Dustin Wolf (G, USA, Everett WHL)
50) Patrik Puistola (LW, Finland, LeKi Mestis)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I hope Bill Armstrong could find decent goaltender prospect. We could use one at futute.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I hope we draft a goalie, sign an overager (e.g. Dhillon or someone from the college ranks like Nappier), and trade Allen for a new 1B for Binnington.

Binny + new guy with the Blues
Husso + Fitzy with the Rampage
New guy in Tulsa
Hofer + New guy in minors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->