2019 NHL Draft - June 21st - With The 14th Selection, The Coyotes.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dach w3 apples last night. Playmaking C who sets up high top circle to QB PP. projects as a 20G/70 point type of C. Should go top 5-7.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Dach w3 apples last night. Playmaking C who sets up high top circle to QB PP. projects as a 20G/70 point type of C. Should go top 5-7.
Very impressed with Krebs too. Not to mention Cozens. Byram has been killing it too. Too bad we don’t ever draft anyone from the Dub. One mid rounder every one in a while. Haha.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm guessing Chayka picks Suzuki if he gets the chance.

OHL
fast
smart
young
premium position
I think the “OHL” part is no longer a given. With all the changes in scouting, I hope we’re again willing to look outside the OHL. We have drafted from a bunch of other leagues too (Keller, POJ) but specifically I’d like to stop ignoring the WHL in the first three rounds.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
This year especially...but where we are drafting I like Krebs, Turcotte (been hurt which is hurting his draft stock which will help him be there when we pick), Zegras, Pelletier

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

How do you see his skating compared to Strome's?

It seems Dach could break into the top 5 based on his strong season so far.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Obviously not the be all end all of stats, but Dach has put up pretty evenly distributed numbers against teams as well.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
How do you see his skating compared to Strome's?

It seems Dach could break into the top 5 based on his strong season so far.
Better. Some lists already have him top 5. He's a traditional playmaking creative C.

rt

May 13, 2004
Dach’s skating has nothing at all to do with Strome’s. Dach is a plus skater from what I saw at the U18s. Him and Cozens and Krebs were all good skaters and all surprisingly physical.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Guess I should start getting more excited about this great draft class. Watch us get Hughes though, who undoubtedly is an amazing player, but is probably the playstyle that we have an abundence of. If we somehow ended 1st OA I'd have no problem if we drafted Kakko.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Has Kakko been cold lately? His stats were eye popping, jaw dropping, steam whistle blowing good when I checked about a month ago. Now, not as much.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Has Kakko been cold lately? His stats were eye popping, jaw dropping, steam whistle blowing good when I checked about a month ago. Now, not as much.

His whole team is playing bad hockey at the moment, lost 4 straight. Still 11 points in 19 games is pretty good as a 17 year old in FEL. For example Rantanen had 28 points in 56 games at the same team and age

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I think we'll be in position to draft Suzuki (hope) and I certainly wouldn't mind that at all. He does a lot of the little things well, which we seem to just love. I highly doubt we get Hughes but sure, I'll take it.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Guess I should start getting more excited about this great draft class. Watch us get Hughes though, who undoubtedly is an amazing player, but is probably the playstyle that we have an abundence of. If we somehow ended 1st OA I'd have no problem if we drafted Kakko.
Hughes all day long at 1. It gets interesting then.

Reactions: Mosby

rt

May 13, 2004
I think we'll be in position to draft Suzuki (hope) and I certainly wouldn't mind that at all. He does a lot of the little things well, which we seem to just love. I highly doubt we get Hughes but sure, I'll take it.
I like Nick a lot more than Ryan from the handful of times of watched each. Nick plus with an edge. There’s forcefulness and swagger in his game. Ryan is much more passive. Kind of a wimpy game. The passivity reminds me too much of Strome. They remind me too much of Domi(Nick) and Strome(Ryan) for me to get very excited about Ryan.

NOTE: these aren’t comparisons. I’m just saying they’re reminiscent. Nick isn’t nearly as mean as Domi and Ryan is actually a very fluid and pretty skater, unlike Strome. The Suzuki’s are stylistically very different from Domi and Strome. The one element I’m attempting to highlight is sturdy and forceful versus soft and passive.

Post-post script: small sample size disclosure. :)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
We're third worst in points earned. That'll give us some decent odds in the lottery. Maybe Gary will let us win this one.

That's a good one. Good one.

You almost had me for a second.

Yotes are currently fifth worst according to dropyourgloves, when number of games are factored in.

Yotes will pick 8th if no playoffs.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad