2019 NHL Draft - June 21st - With The 14th Selection, The Coyotes.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I just took total pts in their draft year

Your numbers are not wrong, and I'm not trying to make a case for Strome being a good 3OA pick, but here's another perspective. This is Strome's first full year in the NHL. How is he doing this year compared to all other 2015 1st rd picks? Notice his minutes compared to the others.

ovjGcCy.png

Since moving to Chicago his production has been much better. Here's how he compares with his draft class since Nov 25th. Also notice minutes. Higher than before, but still trails most of those above him, but he does have more games.

8CMpO2a.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CLW

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yes, Dach isn't a poor skater, but he is an average skater. Cozens/Turcotte/Krebs are all way better skaters than Dach. Not that Dach is a schlepp, right now I have him in the top 10, just not in the same league as the top guys.

Hughes/Kakko
Podkolzin
Cozens/Turcotte/Krebs

also, Krebs is putting up insane #'s on a bad team...and his motor is off the charts and he went #1 in the WHL draft, so I think he's going to be better than the WHL guys Cozens/Dach.

...but at this point, I love Turcotte/Krebs, even more than Cozens, but it would be sure nice to have a Monahan clone centering our 1st line.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
When i watch Guskov i'm not blown away, plan on watching him a few more time but i think there is better picks available in that range.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
I realize it's absurd to have Tomasino over Dach. Important to note that I've never seen either play. I know nothing. I hope Dach is healthy in time for the prospect game so that I can see them on the same ice.

I like Tomasino because he's a goal scorer and that he plays with speed and energy. I'm not sure how well Dach stacks up in those areas.

Didn't want to comment until i watched him live, which i did today... all i have to say is i don't think Tomasino makes it past the top 20 in the draft, good speed, good hands and good iq. I left the game way more impressed than i thought i was going to be with him. Only player i think MIGHT have played better today was Thomas

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't like drafting goalies but I'm intrigued by Sogaard. He's in the game. Definitely have my eye on a few.

Krebs, Sogaard, Guskov, McMichael, Suzuki, Kaliyev, Nick Robertson.

Not going to focus on Leason. Can't see Chayka taking an overager.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't like drafting goalies but I'm intrigued by Sogaard. He's in the game. Definitely have my eye on a few.

I target Leason in 2nd. I don't think he lasts though.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015

Those two guys i like, Robertson also one of the youngest in the draft
Kaliyev i'm still mixed on but you can't deny the offensive talent
I like Rees, Constantinou and Tomasino alot

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This is the year for Arizona to win the #1 pick because it’s a kid with red flags going 1st overall. He’s small and weak, he plays a high risk game and he looks like he could use some time despite #1 picks never requiring any time for the last million drafts in a row. It’s really perfect for us. I’m basically sold that the Coyotes will definitely win this draft lottery this time.

Welcome to Arizona Jack. I look forward to you showing your stuff as our featured 4LW.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This is the year for Arizona to win the #1 pick because it’s a kid with red flags going 1st overall. He’s small and weak, he plays a high risk game and he looks like he could use some time despite #1 picks never requiring any time for the last million drafts in a row. It’s really perfect for us. I’m basically sold that the Coyotes will definitely win this draft lottery this time.

Welcome to Arizona Jack. I look forward to you showing your stuff as our featured 4LW.
We’ll draft Jack 1OV and then trade OEL to Van for Q Hughes, Jett Woo and a 2nd. Hughes brothers to light it up for Hugheston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->