2019 NHL Draft - June 21st - With The 14th Selection, The Coyotes.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
**** size, **** handedness

I'm not 100% there but pretty close. I'd also put in a similar category position.

The best player we've drafted recently (and one of the best ever which is a sad statement) is a left shot small left wing. Basically the least valuable position, handedness and size on paper :laugh:

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I realize it's absurd to have Tomasino over Dach. Important to note that I've never seen either play. I know nothing. I hope Dach is healthy in time for the prospect game so that I can see them on the same ice.

I like Tomasino because he's a goal scorer and that he plays with speed and energy. I'm not sure how well Dach stacks up in those areas.

Well, Tomasino does play at a high speed level, Dach isn't a speedster, but has spectacular passing ability and good hands.

I really like Tomasino though, I like the guys with the high motors...and when you look at the top 10 ppg producers (Kucherov, Rantanen, MacKinnon, McDavid, Gaudreau, Bergeron, Matthews, Point, Crosby, Marner) - all are high motor guys...accept for maybe Bergeron.

Which is why I'm dropping Dach down below Zegras & Krebs because they have way better motors.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Podkolzin moved up to third on the Sporting News list also. Starting to see him occupy that spot as much as anyone else. Seems like Cozens is climbing a bit and Dach is falling a bit. The former’s production has heated up tremendously while the latter cooled significantly.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Hughes and Kakko will both be gone before we pick. I'm all for Podkolzin.

Next year I want Lundell, that kid is f***en fantastic.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Hughes and Kakko will both be gone before we pick. I'm all for Podkolzin.

Next year I want Lundell, that kid is ****en fantastic.

Get as many picks next year as possible... the 2020 draft is gunna be a great one, the OHL alone has A TON of talent eligible. Stranges, O'Rourke, Perfetti, Perreault, Foudy, Cuylle, Drysdale, Byfield, Morrison, Moore, Rossi, Veirling... Even some guys like Kerins, Chayka (no relation), Tullio, Butler, Murray, Hardie, Tolnia might end up surprising people, i also liked Vreugdenhill a lot his minor midget year and i was told by my friend he looked great at the Canada camps, but he's a bit of a long shot probably.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Always draft best player available in the first 3 rounds. In today's game the best player HAS to be a dynamic skater though.

I agree ,and the gm "says" he agrees in regards to best player, but then they always draft by organizational needs , even tho in 3 years ( when the player starts playing dor us ) that may not be our need.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The one thing we can count on year after year is looking at the top prospects knowing we are going to finish near the bottom.
It's unbelievable considering our situation we don't have that one elite talent. Not necessarily a Generational player but an elite one. Outside of OEL we have no elite players.

Reactions: Jakey53 and MIG

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The one thing we can count on year after year is looking at the top prospects knowing we are going to finish near the bottom.
It's unbelievable considering our situation we don't have that one elite talent. Not necessarily a Generational player but an elite one. Outside of OEL we have no elite players.
This is the part that really boggles my mind and probably the reason why I was so upset about the trading of Strome. Sure he was looking like a long shot but he was the last hope of somehow ending up with an elite level forward. Now the cupboards are bare and there's not a single elite level player in sight. Quite disheartening as a fan to go through all that crap and STILL not have a star player on the team or one in the system.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Agree with this...after all the years of finishing at the bottom and the best bet we have at a star player is Keller currently...and although he does have super talent, I don't think he's a top 20 player in the league and we desperately need one of those.

Outside of Wheeler who we couldn't sign, not a single pick has turned into a superstar besides OEL.
2004 - #5 Wheeler (#3 in his draft class and would be our best pick)
2005 - #17 Hanzal (#11 in his draft class - Stastny, Letang as only legitimate stars)
2006 - #8 Mueller (#26 in his draft class - Giroux, Marchand only stars drafted after)
2007 - #3 Turris (#11 in his draft class - Voracek, Couture)
2008 - #8 Boedker (#12 in his draft class - Karlsson)
2009 - #6 OEL (#9 in his draft class - none he was best pick)
2010 - #13 Gormley (#76 in his draft class - only Tarasenko was there)
2011 - #20 Murphy (#35 in his draft class - Kucherov, Gaudreau
2012 - #27 Samuelsson (#84 in his draft class - no stars after Henrik)
2013 - #12 Domi (#9 in his draft class - no stars after best pick)
2014 - #12 Perlini (#20 in his draft class - Pastrnak, Larkin, Point, Arvidsson)
2015 - #3 Strome (#24 in his draft class - just to mention a few Rantanen, Marner, Aho, Barzal, Connor, Boeser, Meier, Chabot)
2016 - #7 Keller (#4 in his draft class - best pick - guys after him DeBrincat)

That is some bad drafting...completely cringe worthy that we couldn't have selected a top 40 player in that time.

Reactions: azcanuck

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Agree with this...after all the years of finishing at the bottom and the best bet we have at a star player is Keller currently...and although he does have super talent, I don't think he's a top 20 player in the league and we desperately need one of those.

Outside of Wheeler who we couldn't sign, not a single pick has turned into a superstar besides OEL.
2005 - #17 Hanzal (#11 in his draft class - Stastny, Letang as only legitimate stars)
2006 - #8 Mueller (#26 in his draft class - Giroux, Marchand only stars drafted after)
2014 - #12 Perlini (#20 in his draft class - Pastrnak, Larkin, Point, Arvidsson)
2015 - #3 Strome (#24 in his draft class - just to mention a few Rantanen, Marner, Aho, Barzal, Connor, Boeser, Meier, Chabot)

That is some bad drafting...completely cringe worthy that we couldn't have selected a top 40 player in that time.

How are you coming up with draft class rating?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I can't help but think we took the C in a D heavy class and we'll end up with a D in this C heavy class. I guess we'll take Cam York 7th overall and we'll all be confused.

1. LAK - Hughes
2. ANA - Kakko
3. NYR - Podkolzin
4. OTT - Dach
5. CHI - Cozens
6. DET - Byram
7. ARI - York

We'll get the 2nd D in the draft, just like we got the 2nd C last year. We left Hughes, Boqvist, Bouchard, and Dobson on the board last year to get the C. We'll leave Turcotte, Zegras, Krebs, Newhook, and Boldy on the board to get that D.

Last edited:

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I can't help but think we took the C in a D heavy class and we'll end up with a D in this C heavy class. I guess we'll take Cam York 7th overall and we'll all be confused.

1. LAK - Hughes
2. ANA - Kakko
3. NYR - Podkolzin
4. OTT - Dach
5. CHI - Cozens
6. DET - Byram
7. ARI - York

We'll get the 2nd D in the draft, just like we got the 2nd C last year. We left Hughes, Boqvist, Bouchard, and Dobson on the board last year to get the C. We'll leave Turcotte, Zegras, Krebs, Newhook, and Boldy on the board to get that D.

Yes. I am totally paranoid about this draft. I'll probably be hiding under my kitchen table with PTSD when the draft comes around. I'm sure we will find a way to fck it up.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Yes. I am totally paranoid about this draft. I'll probably be hiding under my kitchen table with PTSD when the draft comes around. I'm sure we will find a way to fck it up.
Alex Turcotte is a player I expect Chayka loves.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Alex Turcotte is a player I expect Chayka loves.

Yes. I haven't really seen that much of Turcotte to have a firm opinion about him but he does seem to fit the Chayka style. I'm more curious about Krebs atm.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

Any beer league scrub would have at least by chance drafted a better player.
So pitiful for this organization.
We need a BIG break like winning the lottery and drafting Hughes.
Add in a new arena/owners and things could turn around.
Otherwise the suffering will continue. No matter how many of these lost fans just think we need a better power play coach.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

1. LAK - Hughes
2. ANA - Kakko
3. NYR - Podkolzin
4. OTT - Dach
5. CHI - Cozens
6. DET - Byram
7. ARI - York

pretty sure we'll finish worse then 7th. And Avalanche have Ottawa's pick this year and they are probably the worst team in the NHL.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
We had better go all offnse this year...

I bet though there is a defensive center or a dman that he has been obsessed with since last year.

He already has his response in place when questioned :

"Why did you take that 35th rated D with the 4th overall pick?"

Gm "He checked all of the boxes , at the end of the day , why wouldnt you take him?"

Reactions: Grimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad