2019 NHL Draft - June 21st - With The 14th Selection, The Coyotes.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tons of great centers too. Suzuki being outside of everyone’s top ten is mind blowing. Then there’s Blake Murray, who’s basically Barrett Hayton, right? And there are like half a dozen centers ranked above them on some lists. It’s nuts.

Last edited:

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
It will be interesting to see what we get out of Dvorak and Strome this season for that center spot as well as Galchenyuk. BPA is always the way to go but we may need to draft a defenseman next June. Quinn Hughes would have been the better option for us over Hayton as far as timing is concerned with all the available centers next summer.
Then again I don't think the Coyotes are going to be in that bottom mix but in case we are Hughes should have been the pick if we were passing on Zadina.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Haha I almost put something very similar in parentheses, but decided on the winky face instead.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Nikita Alexandrov practiced with my friends team during their training camp and apparently this kid is unreal. Not yet ranked in the first round from what i've seen, but he plays with POJ in Charlottetown and almost went PPG in the playoffs for his D-2 year, he could very well be someone to keep a close eye on

Nikita Alexandrov at eliteprospects.com

Suzuki didn't really impress me from what i saw of him last year, I hope he does well because i have a Colts hat with his and Svech's auto's, but there just wasn't any dynamic skills to his game in my viewings. Was his first year though so i'm curious to see how he does this year.

More excited for the 2020 draft, the OHL just had an unreal draft year with a ton of of kids who have high potential
Evan Vierling went 2nd OV, should be a big name to watch and is playing with Busby in Flint

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Interesting that Alexandrov was born the day after Jenik and will be drafted a year after him. In which round would he have been drafted if he was eligible this year?

rt

May 13, 2004

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I’m glad we’ve limited it down to a possible 31 draft slots now. November is a good time to have a draft thread.

rt

May 13, 2004
Stayed home with my sick kid. He napped a lot. I watched a lot of the Ivan Hlinka. Those three Dub forwards are REALLY impressive. I really like that each plays with some swagger and some fire in their games, along with immense skill. Didn’t expect each of Cozens, Dach and Krebs to battle like they battle, on top of that obvious skill.

It’s fascinating to me that these three centers might be the 4th, 5th, and 6th centers taken next June. That’s unreal. If Hughes, Turcotte, and Newhook live up to the hype, then we’re going to see the best 4-6 range of prospects in a draft in a very long time.

I want to note (all on its own) that I love the motor on Krebs. He’s a spitfire out there. Big fan.

Also want to note that I bought a mini stick set last weekend and my three year old and I have played a ton of knee hockey. Skating lessons soon!!! Too early for the 2032 draft thread?!?!?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Also want to note that I bought a mini stick set last weekend and my three year old and I have played a ton of knee hockey. Skating lessons soon!!! Too early for the 2032 draft thread?!?!?
We'll finally have our number 1 center.......

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Love Kirby Dachs playmaking and Cozens is a great all around C. This is a year to win a lottery.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'll have to chime in and say that boy it would be great to get Hughes, Dach, Cozens or Krebs. As RT mentioned, Krebs has a great motor. A couple playmakers I really like are Zegras & Pelletier.

Newhook 20gp 11g 19a 30pts
Dach 16gp 10g 17a 27pts
Pelletier 15gp 9g 16a 25pts
Kaliyev 15gp 14g 10a 24pts
Suzuki 13gp 6g 18a 24pts
Cozens 15gp 8g 13a 21pts
Hughes 13gp 3g 17a 20pts
Zegras 12gp 6g 13a 19pts
Krebs 15gp 5g 14a 19pts
Lavoie 15gp 11g 7a 18pts

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
Seeing as we won't win the lottery, we're potentially picking around 10-15 so I'd love to take the best right handed shot a available. Defense or forward I don't care, would be nice to have more righties on the roster to open up more options in the offensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad