2019 NHL Draft, Pt. IV

Assuming Hughes Kakko Byram Turcotte gone, which of the following would you be happy with?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Continue here.

Previous Thread: 2019 NHL Draft, Pt. III

Last post in previous thread:

I’d be very happy with any of those players.

There’s a really strong crop of forwards at the top end of this draft so there’s a good chance there will be some great choices on the board at #10.
Last year was the year of defencemen,this year it’s forwards so take the best one and don’t overthink it.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
So who are everyone's most likely "fallers" at this point? Sounds like Cozens and Zegras could be available at 10 OA? Maybe Podkolzin?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
My groupings

-Hughes

-Kakko

-Turcotte Dach Byram

-Zegras Krebs Newhook Boldy Caufield

-Cozens Heinola Soderstorm Podkolzin

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Big players who put up points from the CHL always always always go early. Especially if they're playing center position.
Cozens will go top 5. Dach will likely go top 5 as well.

Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Dach and Byram - i'd bet that they're all gone by pick 6.
Podkolzin falls, US players like Zegras, Boldy and Turcotte go right after the top 5

Reactions: Hockeyphysio

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Very much on the Newhook bandwagon now. He's been dominant at the U18's. I loved what he did in the BCHL, but it is a tier 2 league so it's always harder to compare his season with the other junior leagues. At the U18's he needed to have a big tournament to show he belongs in the upper echelon of the draft rankings, and I think he's done just that. He's also a great skater with a lot of speed, and that's an element sorely lacking in the Canucks lineup. I would be thrilled with Newhook at 10.

Cole Caufield is another who has been quite the revelation. Though at this point I don't think there's any way he falls to 10. He'll be snatched up likely in that 6-8 range. Matthew Boldy should also see his stock rise.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Very much on the Newhook bandwagon now. He's been dominant at the U18's. I loved what he did in the BCHL, but it is a tier 2 league so it's always harder to compare his season with the other junior leagues. At the U18's he needed to have a big tournament to show he belongs in the upper echelon of the draft rankings, and I think he's done just that. He's also a great skater with a lot of speed, and that's an element sorely lacking in the Canucks lineup. I would be thrilled with Newhook at 10.

Cole Caufield is another who has been quite the revelation. Though at this point I don't think there's any way he falls to 10. He'll be snatched up likely in that 6-8 range. Matthew Boldy should also see his stock rise.
Yeah Im on the NewHook bandwagon now too, his speed is BUILT for the new nhl

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Has there been any leads/rumours as to who Benning likes? He usually telegraphs his picks.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

I am on board for Newhook!

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Hmm interesting. Boldy seems like a guy Benning would like especially with his size comments he made recently.

Conflicting take by Botchford below:

Some chatter on the Power Hour in terms of what to expect at 10 OA: https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-...-weaponize-cap-space-to-add-players-1.1295046

-Botch says outside of trading up for Byram it doesn't set up well for the Canucks to take a d-man at 10 OA (which we seem to agree with here);
-The Canucks will prioritize speed (no duh?!), which may knock Caufield down the list. Botch also said he's not sure if Boldy "fits what the Canucks are looking for."

Reactions: Love

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
There were rumblings earlier about Boldy, but the later reports have the Canucks avoiding him.
What reports are these? All you've listed is a quote where Botchford explicitly presents the idea as his opinion with no indication he heard the sentiment from the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad