2019 NHL Draft, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
If Zegras and Boldy are gone in the top 9, would seriously look at Heinloa or Soderstrom for our pick.

U18's will be fun to watch.

I've been coming around on a defenseman at 10. Initially I was set on "take one of the forwards available" but I do think now that Heinola and Seiderstrom would be worthy picks at #10 in their own right.

Heinola is having a very strong playoff performance as well.

Last edited:

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
to me there's a clear cut top 9 and a drop off after that
all we need is for one of those top 9 teams to go out on a limb and take someone else.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I've been coming around on a defenseman at 10. Initially I was set on "take one of the forwards available" but I do think now that Heinola and Seiderstrom would be worthy picks at #10 in their own right.

Heinola is having a very strong playoff performance as well.
There are a lot of players in the Top 15 that I would love to have to be honest. Imagine how big a difference it'd make to our prospect pool and future if we could pick another 1st in that range.

Walking away with Heinola/Soderstrom and Caufield/Boldy/Brink would be huuuge.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
How? Assets like tanev, baertshi, goldy, 2nd rounder probably won't cut it. Gaudette perhaps but why not just keep him.

Maybe Hutton and a 2nd for a late 1st. But you just dont see these trades that often.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Somehow managed to watch most of both games today even though they were at the same time. Comments on draft-eligibles only.

Liked:
Broberg, Soderstrom, Holmstrom - I understand that Broberg hasn't produced well in league play but he always looked a smart player when I've seen him
Boldy, Turcotte, York - Caufield will always be one of those guys where you're like, yeah he scored 3 goals but he didn't do much aside from that
Krebs, Tracey, Rees, Washkurak, Pelletier - never understood hate for Tracey, always seemed like a very talented player to me, should be 1st rounder; Krebs grasping chance to raise status for sure; Rees still fast and skilled since last I checked
Heinola, Raty - there were a few Finnish forwards that looked fast and skilled but I didn't do well to keep track of them

Didn't like:
Cozens - did some good things but chased the game as usual
Kokkonen - pretty good player but doesn't look like someone with top end ability
Hughes - he's the kind of player who turns the puck over ton and is still amazing because he gets it so much with his speed but you hope see him control the play more at this level

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Somehow managed to watch most of both games today even though they were at the same time. Comments on draft-eligibles only.

Liked:
Broberg, Soderstrom, Holmstrom - I understand that Broberg hasn't produced well in league play but he always looked a smart player when I've seen him
Boldy, Turcotte, York - Caufield will always be one of those guys where you're like, yeah he scored 3 goals but he didn't do much aside from that
Krebs, Tracey, Rees, Washkurak, Pelletier - never understood hate for Tracey, always seemed like a very talented player to me, should be 1st rounder; Krebs grasping chance to raise status for sure; Rees still fast and skilled since last I checked
Heinola, Raty - there were a few Finnish forwards that looked fast and skilled but I didn't do well to keep track of them

Didn't like:
Cozens - did some good things but chased the game as usual
Kokkonen - pretty good player but doesn't look like someone with top end ability
Hughes - he's the kind of player who turns the puck over ton and is still amazing because he gets it so much with his speed but you hope see him control the play more at this level
I don't know why I found that so funny to read.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
never understood hate for Tracey, always seemed like a very talented player to me, should be 1st rounder

The talk was that he was playing with two very good older junior players and his numbers were inflated due to that. I've only watched him a couple times but in those games I felt he was a very smart player who used his linemates well and drove more offense than given credit for.

If he's available at 40, I'd be quite happy if the Canucks draft him.

At 40, the players I've keyed in on are Tracey, Nolan Foote, Lassi Thomson, Kaedan Korczak, or Nathan Légaré.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Can you clarify who your clear top 9 is?
The first two followed by Cozens Dach Zegras Turcotte Boldy Byram Podkolzin

I dont see anyone there slipping out of the top 9 unless someone really likes Caufield...or if a team wants to draft a D then they'd take Soderstrom

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
The first two followed by Cozens Dach Zegras Turcotte Boldy Byram Podkolzin

I dont see anyone there slipping out of the top 9 unless someone really likes Caufield...or if a team wants to draft a D then they'd take Soderstrom

Krebs is in that mix for the top 9 IMO, and any of Brink, Caufield, Kaliyev, and Soderstrom could surprise and jump up.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
The talk was that he was playing with two very good older junior players and his numbers were inflated due to that. I've only watched him a couple times but in those games I felt he was a very smart player who used his linemates well and drove more offense than given credit for.

If he's available at 40, I'd be quite happy if the Canucks draft him.

At 40, the players I've keyed in on are Tracey, Nolan Foote, Lassi Thomson, Kaedan Korczak, or Nathan Légaré.

Basically my list as well. Which is why somehow adding an additional 2nd rounder would be nice to be able to grab a forward and a D in the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad