2019 NHL Draft, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Any reason why Newhook has fallen during the year. Was quite highly ranked before the season started. I can't watch BCHL unfortunately . Is it a pure production thing or is it something about his game that won't translate?

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Likes - Elite IQ, great vision + passing ability. Breakout ability.

Dislikes - skating (acceleration) , physical consistency.

I can see the critique of his acceleration. Outside of it, I think his skating is pretty good. Agree/disagree?

I'm not expecting him to be physically consistent.

Agree that he has a high IQ. His production seems to be coming along at a Liljegren level as well.

Reactions: OEL for Norris

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
So for all those who were making fun of me a couple of weeks ago for the Canucks trading there 1st round pick in 2019 for Defence Help ie - Dante Fabbro

here is now a link form a media member saying the same thing. So I guess maybe I got luck on this one too.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Still have a hard time believing they'd trade the 1st the year they're hosting.

Exactly. I dislike Jim as much as the next guy but that's a hard sell, especially for someone still in college.

I get it's a weak draft and all that but just doesn't add up.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
I always appreciate "inside" reports but don't get snarky when people disagree with the rumour. I've get you've called some stuff, you've also been way wrong about a lot. Two examples.

Take it for what it is worth. But a conversation I heard today from a very reliable source says if Zadina Falls they will run to the podium. they also expect Dobson who they want will be gone. so if it comes down to Tkachuk and Bouchard they will go with Evan Bouchard !!!! again take it for what it is worth

Bouchard to the Bank Guys!!!!! I am telling you. The only thing that stops it is if Zadina is there .

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Reading between the lines, it would appear that Jimbo and the Canuck scouts aren't too bullish about players in this year's draft who might be available in the bottom half of the first round. Benning saying there's no guarantee of getting a player at that point in the draft who can actually make it.

Obviously a big change from what they were saying in the years that Woo, Lind and Demko were drafted in top half of the second round. But have heard the consensus that after pick 15-16 the 2019 draft really drops off. So acquiring a first rounder from a contending team isn't all that attractive.

Canucks should target Fabbro and Fox in potential trades or in free agency, as they continue to rebuild their blueline.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Reading between the lines, it would appear that Jimbo and the Canuck scouts aren't too bullish about players in this year's draft who might be available in the bottom half of the first round. Benning saying there's no guarantee of getting a player at that point in the draft who can actually make it.

Obviously a big change from what they were saying in the years that Woo, Lind and Demko were drafted in top half of the second round. But have heard the consensus that after pick 15-16 the 2019 draft really drops off. So acquiring a first rounder from a contending team isn't all that attractive.

Canucks should target Fabbro and Fox in potential trades or in free agency, as they continue to rebuild their blueline.

Well Benning was on the radio last week saying they will get a very good player in the first round based on their scouts analysis.

I am open to trading a first round draft pick for a young defenceman. Fabbro for a 10th overall would be overkill though as you can probably draft Byram or Broberg in that range.

I would trade 2020 first round draft pick for Fabbro though

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
If Benning says he will not trade any picks at this years draft then I would have to be the 2020 pick to get a young D man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad