2019 NHL Draft Prospects

USHOCKEYUS

Sep 16, 2014
IMO Kaliyev is a lock for the first round and a good chance at top 20. He was. LOCK for NTDP before and during and after camp but he couldn’t produce documentation proving citizenship and/or proof of schooling or something of that nature.
Hughes was clear #1 forward they wanted and then Kaliyev was in mix with Turcotte and crew for next forward up.
He hasnt disappointed in the O with 30 in his 16 year old season.
He plays and shoots like a man. He is big and strong and can skate. Slick hands.
His shot is a bomb.
Will be interesting how his game continues to translate but he’s a poor mans Laine/Wahlstrom. And not a very poor man.
Ntdp 17’s have been super but you could add some guys they missed or couldnt get due to injuries or above issues and wow they’d be even better.
Good birth year for USA.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
2 other names to keep an eye on out of the USHL -

Michael Mancinelli - he is playing wonderful for Madison in his 16 year old season.. Kid has some explosiveness and high end skill. I wonder if the USNDP has a few defections, if this kid gets the call like Gavin Hain did...keep an eye on him, he is doing very well early on.

Robert Mastrosimone - like Mancinelli above, kid has elite skills but a tad undersized right now. still plenty of time to get stronger, but he is having a fantastic rookie season for the Steel - definitely keep an eye on him as well...

Those last names can't be any more Italian, can they?

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Those last names can't be any more Italian, can they?
As NY and NJ keep producing better prospects the more Italian names are popping up. theres a ton of 02 and 03s from the area all with names ending in vowels.

edit: I see Mancinelli is from Michigan, but still my point stands

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Egor Chizhikov and Gleb Petrov had a great season in America. Now they are training with the MHL team Almaz from Cherepovets. Preparing for the club finals of the championship of Russia in 2001 year of birth, which will be held from 19 to 25 April. Also there will be Vasily Podkolzin and Matvey Guskov ... who is interested in this information is ready to share gratuitously :)

Is Chizhikov an early round possibility? I haven't seen him play. How tall is Petrov? He's listed at 5'6, which doesn't mean he's not good, but a Russian player who's 5'6 isn't all that likely to get drafted.

I try to check each year to see if there are any players from Cherepovets coming through the ranks. There haven't really been that many since Buch, only Vovchenko and maybe Grachyov this year, but neither of those two are elite level prospects.

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
Top Scorers on this moment on U18 tournament:
Maxim Cajkovic W SVK 4 4+7=11
Jack Hughes C USA 4 3+6=9
Kaapo Kakko RW FIN 4 2+5=7
Vladimir Alistrov LW BLR 4 2+4=6
Cam York D USA 0+6=6
Raphael Lavoie C CAN 4 5+0=5
Cole Caufield C/RW USA 4 3+2=5
Alex Turcotte C USA 4 2+3=5

Edit. Forget York. I noticed him, but when i took the names from the original list were i first put the all 2019 draft players i somehow lost it.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Top Scorers on this moment on U18 tournament:
Maxim Cajkovic W SVK 4 4+7=11
Jack Hughes C USA 4 3+6=9
Kaapo Kakko RW FIN 4 2+5=7
Vladimir Alistrov LW BLR 4 2+4=6
Raphael Lavoie C CAN 4 5+0=5
Cole Caufield C/RW USA 4 3+2=5
Alex Turcotte C USA 4 2+3=5

Cam York has 6 assists. Spencer Knight is .881 SV%, but he was great against Sweden after having an uneven performance against Switzerland.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Could have this top 9 at next year's event. Might be 9 first round picks.

Boldy-Hughes-Caufield
Kaliyev-Turcotte-Stranges
Zegras-Beecher-Rolston
Just have to hope Stranges doesn't go on a playoff run with London, other than that the idea of all those guys getting better for next season is so exciting.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just have to hope Stranges doesn't go on a playoff run with London, other than that the idea of all those guys getting better for next season is so exciting.

Kaliyev also plays in the CHL.

And then Knight in goal who should be a first round caliber goalie prospect. I think the defense could be questionable, but he can mop up those errors.

This should bode well for the WJC-20 tournaments in a few years, as well. As long as these guys aren't in the NHL, we could have a good chance to win some of those tournaments.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
you think they would even invite Stranges after this???
Yeah thats a possibility too. USA Hockey kind of has a rep for holding grudges against certain players, sometimes just staying away from CHL players, but with the whole committing and de-committing fiasco I wouldn't be surprised if they hold a grudge, I hope they dont though

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Could be a repeat of 2016's 1. American center 2. Finnish winger pairing. Both Hughes and Kakko looked as advertised at u18

ms35

Mar 7, 2018
//

Attachments

• IMG-20180515-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20180515-WA0003.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad