2019 NHL Draft, #LoseForHughes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Hopefully Cozens can be good enough one day so when I search his name I don't have to put hockey after it.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Jack Hughes , Kaapo Kakko, Alex Turcotte, Kirby Dach, Dylan Cozens, Vasili Podkolzin

should get a great forward prospect out of this draft

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I was actually being modest with my prediction. I still contend that Beagle and Roussel will have a bigger impact in Vancouver than Tavares will have in Toronto. Those are the type of guys that you win with, and those are the type of guys that will make the kids feel safer. No one is going to take liberties with Pettersson with those guys here, and as result, we will bear witness to Peterrsson and Boeser absolutely tearing up the league.

It really is amazing how much wrongness you manage to cram into small paragraphs. Beagle and Roussel will provide every bit as much deterrence as Gudbranson and Sutter. Neither will be on a line with Boeser or Pettersson...especially as there's no room on the roster for Pettersson. What, is Roussel going to fly to Sweden if someone in the SHL takes a run at Pettersson?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
It really is amazing how much wrongness you manage to cram into small paragraphs. Beagle and Roussel will provide every bit as much deterrence as Gudbranson and Sutter. Neither will be on a line with Boeser or Pettersson...especially as there's no room on the roster for Pettersson. What, is Roussel going to fly to Sweden if someone in the SHL takes a run at Pettersson?
Your post has just as much “wrongness” as the other guy. Two very bizarre posts

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I was actually being modest with my prediction. I still contend that Beagle and Roussel will have a bigger impact in Vancouver than Tavares will have in Toronto. Those are the type of guys that you win with, and those are the type of guys that will make the kids feel safer. No one is going to take liberties with Pettersson with those guys here, and as result, we will bear witness to Peterrsson and Boeser absolutely tearing up the league.

Here you go again with this stupidity. And then in a couple years when these guys are bought out you'll claim you never actually meant this.

Feb 24, 2017
He could talk shit on Twitter like Prust did

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Beagle and Sutter are going to OWN that face off dot. Do you not see this as being an advantage?

The benefits of a faceoff win disappear a few seconds after puck drop, and are especially meaningless if you are hemmed into your own zone like Jay Beagle will be.

Reactions: CanaFan

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Beagle and Sutter are going to OWN that face off dot. Do you not see this as being an advantage?

Maybe but the problem is you’re still left with Beagle and Sutter on the ice for the rest of the shift. What are they gonna do with the puck after they win the face off 55% of the time? Skate it into the corner and kill the clock until Boeser and Horvat can come back on? But then who will win the face off for them??

Compare that to Tavares who might only win 45-50% of faceoffs but can actually do something with the puck when he does win it. Like score goals and shit like that.

Or do you think the team that wins the most face offs is awarded the 2 points??

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Add Newhook and Krebs to this. Wouldn’t mind Bryam either in the 4-7 range

Yup, looking like a strong top 10 as of now, some will fall down the rankings and there'll be some surprises.

Good year to suck. Tank thread should start in about 2 months lol

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Your post has just as much “wrongness” as the other guy. Two very bizarre posts
So what, you think Beagle and Roussel are going to have more impact here than Tavares will in Toronto? You think a couple more defensive guys who can't score are going to make some big difference? Look at how much difference Dorsett made.

And seriously, can you count contracts? Add up how many vets the team has. Which vet's going to hit the press box for a rookie? Just watch.

Reactions: geebaan

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Maybe but the problem is you’re still left with Beagle and Sutter on the ice for the rest of the shift. What are they gonna do with the puck after they win the face off 55% of the time? Skate it into the corner and kill the clock until Boeser and Horvat can come back on? But then who will win the face off for them??

Compare that to Tavares who might only win 45-50% of faceoffs but can actually do something with the puck when he does win it. Like score goals and **** like that.

Or do you think the team that wins the most face offs is awarded the 2 points??

If they win the faceoffs, wouldn't someone else on the team have the puck?

Tavares won close to 53% of his faceoffs last season. No idea where you came up with the idea that Tavares was poor on faceoffs.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
But remember when the 2011 Canucks had grit and agitators like Burrows, Kesler, Rome, Glass, Torres, Lapierre, and Alberts?

No one ever took liberties on anyone.

Right up until the Final when they got rag dolled lol

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
If they win the faceoffs, wouldn't someone else on the team have the puck?

Like who? Roussel? Whoever Green is gonna staple to Sutter’s wing?

Results gonna be the same.

Tavares won close to 53% of his faceoffs last season. No idea where you came up with the idea that Tavares was poor on faceoffs.

Didn’t look it up, just assumed CMH wouldn’t be [censored] enough to base a Beagle >> Tavares argument on faceoffs if Beagle didn’t significantly outperform him.

My mistake.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
For those not closely following, this draft is very solid at center with some great wingers and deep. The options on the back end are limited so we could see some Foudy and Dellandrea type picks in the mid 1st on rising defenders.

As far as the players go right now, they’re tiered like this for me;

Jack Hughes
-
Kaapo Kakko / Alex Newhook / Alex Turcotte
-
Dylan Cozens / Kirby Dach / Vasili Podkolzin / Bowen Byram
-
Payton Krebs / Phillip Broberg / Matthew Robertson / Raphael Lavoie

Spencer Knight is the top goaltender, and he looks quite good but we all know how that can change.

Trevor Zegras and Danil Gutik are two of my favourite players right now. It looks like they’re both set to be risers as the season goes on.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
just assumed CMH wouldn’t be stupid enough

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Like who? Roussel? Whoever Green is gonna staple to Sutter’s wing?

Results gonna be the same.

Most likely the puck goes to a Dman? I think there were plenty of times when Trotz utilized Beagle only for faceoffs. If you win the faceoff in the defensive zone, good teams manage to win the puck up ice. Obviously, the Canucks are unlikely to be a good team next season, but if you end up being hemmed in your own zone, is it really the fault of the guy who won the faceoff? Roussel is actually decent to good possession wise.

Didn’t look it up, just assumed CMH wouldn’t be stupid enough to base a Beagle >> Tavares argument on faceoffs if Beagle didn’t significantly outperform him.

My mistake.

Last season, Beagle did significant outperform Tavares on faceoffs. Overall, Beagle was the 4th best in faceoff percentage. Tavares ranked 50/50+. Defensive zone draws Beagle won over 59%. Tavares won almost 54%. In the playoffs, Beagle won 63.5% of his defensive zone draws. Numerically, he won 113 faceoffs in the defensive zone and lost 65 over 23 games.

In the last 4 seasons, Beagle's faceoff percentage has alternated between 56%+ and 58%+. At this stage in his career, he is one of the best in the faceoff circle.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

Dear mods,

In case you were wondering why a thread about the 2019 draft is a Jay Beagle flame war that is probably getting you reports, please read the quoted post that prompted the discussion.

A post that has nothing to do with the topic, was completely unprompted, and is quite obviously just perfectly designed bait which serves utterly no purpose but to attempt to derail the thread by provoking a reaction, which has unfortunately succeeded, and, curiously, was left standing even after a moderator intervention.

This is behaviour we have seen repeatedly from this individual, who posts completely unprompted absurdist "hot takes" that he knows are going to get him the exact responses that he gets, and leads us to the current situation in this thread.

I wish that everyone could just ignore him like I do, but please notice. Every time this happens, every time you get reports and have to go to work, it is started in exactly the same way, usually by the same person. The pattern of behaviour is obvious.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Dear mods,

In case you were wondering why a thread about the 2019 draft is a Jay Beagle flame war that is probably getting you reports, please read the quoted post that prompted the discussion.

A post that has nothing to do with the topic, was completely unprompted, and is quite obviously just perfectly designed bait which serves utterly no purpose but to attempt to derail the thread by provoking a reaction, which has unfortunately succeeded, and, curiously, was left standing even after a moderator intervention.

This is behaviour we have seen repeatedly from this individual, who posts completely unprompted absurdist "hot takes" that he knows are going to get him the exact responses that he gets, and leads us to the current situation in this thread.

I wish that everyone could just ignore him like I do, but please notice. Every time this happens, every time you get reports and have to go to work, it is started in exactly the same way, usually by the same person. The pattern of behaviour is obvious.

Turn that frown upside down Melvin.

We may have differing opinions about our beloved Canucks, but we’re all at the same cauldron here. If I inadvertently derailed the thread, then that’s on me. At the end of the day, we are all crazy Canuck fans talking about hockey in August. If my opinions lately are even more outlandish than usual, it’s because I’m trying to bring a bit of humor to the hockey boards in the middle of August. It’s possible that my opinions will become more serious in October.

If there’s anything that my personal life from last month taught me, is that life is too short to take things too seriously. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->