2019 NHL Draft - June 21st - With The 14th Selection, The Coyotes.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Any hope of Caufield falling can't be written off now, what a monster of a U18 he's having.

Kaliyev is a really, really, interesting player. Incredible production, led his team in scoring and it wasn't even close, and he's a late birthday to boot.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Any hope of Caufield falling can't be written off now, what a monster of a U18 he's having.

Kaliyev is a really, really, interesting player. Incredible production, led his team in scoring and it wasn't even close, and he's a late birthday to boot.
Agreed on Kaliyev. His NHLE is equivalent to All-Star. All from a young for his draft year kid. Damn. Tough to pass.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Agreed on Kaliyev. His NHLE is equivalent to All-Star. All from a young for his draft year kid. Damn. Tough to pass.
He was apart of 43% of his total teams goals which is pretty insane

In comparison

Marner: 44% (Missed a couple games)
Strome 39%
Hall 32% (Missed ~10 games)
kane 48%

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I want Krebs only because I have the perfect nickname for him.......

1) that show was before even my time, but..
2) I at least would know not to ask "what's Gilligan got to do with this?", although..
3) I'm sure there's a good percentage here who would be "who's Gilligan?"

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010
I think they were thinking that we'd leave him in the AHL for the 2nd year to get further seasoning and he was playing well over 23 min TOI...and QB'ing the PP.

He was overlooked prospect, he was the 7th overall selection in the OHL draft, but he was drafted by Sudbury who were awful. He had really good stats on a very bad Sudbury team, so I don't think they, or anyone, knew how good he was. He just put up 32pts in 40games for the Roadrunners. He is basically Yandle with better defense and worse offense. My guess is that he can become a 40pt if not 50pt Dman in the show, which when added to OEL & Chychrun, we should be extremely formidable on the left side for a long long time.

He's the best D draft pick we've had since OEL. He's going to make POJ expendable. All conjecture on my part, but I'm really high on his game and I'd rather wait and find out if he's the real deal rather than trading him for another 3rd/4th line center which we have a ton of.

I agree with all this. Not to mention his family ties to the Valley. He seems like someone who actually wants to be here.

Reactions: Mosby

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If we get Krebs and his line is working the puck down low this is all I'll be thinking about
Krebs-Citric-Acid-Cycle-Steps-by-Steps-Explanation.jpg
I had to memorize this damn thing about 35 years ago.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Podkolzin
4. Turcotte
5. Krebs
6. Zegras
7. Dach
8. Cozens
9. Newhook
10.Caufield
11.Byram
12.Boldy
13.Kaliyev
14.Brink
15.Lavoie
16.McMichael
17.Tomasino

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
^
Bump out Lavoie and McMichael and those are my top 15.
He was apart of 43% of his total teams goals which is pretty insane

In comparison

Marner: 44% (Missed a couple games)
Strome 39%
Hall 32% (Missed ~10 games)
kane 48%
He also rated very well in the skating tests at the Top Prospects Game.

If he's enough of a quality character for Chayka then I'd be really excited about him as our pick.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Well, I hope it doesn't go that way. You only have 1 D in that whole list. There has to be 2 D taken for us to get one of the really good forwards and I truly believe that 3 D will be taken in the top 14.

Last edited:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Caufield now has 70 - seventy! - goals this year. That's got to be the pick. Hope he's still there at 14.

The issue that I see is the forwards who "may" have been around at #14 two months ago or much earlier in the rankings are making cases to move ahead of #14, whereas the defenseman in that same range aren't necessarily playing themselves up another level. I think Byram will be the only defenseman that goes top 9 (maybe 10), and we are left on a hope and prayer that teams between 11 and 13 all go D for that last possible player like Krebs or Caufield to slip to us. I see 10 strong forwards, so at least 4 D need to be taken prior to our pick to get one of those 10. I just don't see it happening unless a major fall happens for someone, and one of Soderstrom, Harley, or Broberg makes a huge leap ahead of those forwards.

Would you be the GM that passes on Caufield in the top 12 for a D?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The issue that I see is the forwards who "may" have been around at #14 two months ago or much earlier in the rankings are making cases to move ahead of #14, whereas the defenseman in that same range aren't necessarily playing themselves up another level. I think Byram will be the only defenseman that goes top 9 (maybe 10), and we are left on a hope and prayer that teams between 11 and 13 all go D for that last possible player like Krebs or Caufield to slip to us. I see 10 strong forwards, so at least 4 D need to be taken prior to our pick to get one of those 10. I just don't see it happening unless a major fall happens for someone, and one of Soderstrom, Harley, or Broberg makes a huge leap ahead of those forwards.

Would you be the GM that passes on Caufield in the top 12 for a D?
The draft always brings surprises and there are players that drop.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
The draft always brings surprises and there are players that drop.

What a lame duck answer. In order for players to drop, someone has to rise, correct?

So, which one of the defensemen of Broberg, Soderstrom, Harley, or others are going to rise significantly?

So far, I haven't seen anything that indicated those 3 are going to all jump ahead significantly. Broberg is the only one who I have really heard additional noise about, and that was because he was a replacement at the U-18s who did very well. You want to know who I have heard about rising? Caufield, Krebs, and Kaliyev.

At least state who you know is rising on the boards, otherwise, what are you contributing by saying that "players drop?" If we were picking at 9 or 10, not too concerned with who drops because there is still a pretty solid pick out of them. At 14, though, we need the absolute perfect scenario, which includes 4 or 5 defensemen being taken and/or Spencer Knight. I don't see that happening.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I think we could see Byram go as high as 3 to Chicago.

I have seen additional rumors there as well.

1. Nj - Hughes
2. NYR - Kakko
3. Chicago - Byram
4. Colorado - Cozens
5. LA - Dach
6. Detroit - Podkolzin
7. Buffalo - Zegras
8. Edmonton - Caufield
9. Anaheim - Krebs
10. Vancouver - Broberg
11. Philadelphia- Boldy
12. Minnesota - Turcotte

Once again, we need at least 2 players (D, goalie, or some combo of forwards not in the top 12 to get one of the true upper level of talent). I just don't see that happening. Has anyone heard enough noise about Soderstrom, Harley, or another D to jump them ahead of those forwards in the top 12?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad