2019 NHL Draft - June 21st - With The 14th Selection, The Coyotes.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'll obviously be thrilled if we win any of the lotteries but that #2 spot will make me uncomfortable. You have to draft Kakko and I'm just not excited about him. There's too much Hanzal in his game. It's just not sexy being strong on the boards anymore. Soft and speedy is what's hot in 2019. Schmaltz is the new sexy and Kakko is the anti-Schmaltz.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Goalie for Team Denmark going up against way better teams. He never had a chance.
Oh for sure I get that. That’s a very tough spot to be put in.

But he also looked bad against Kazakhstan in the first relegation game and they chose the backup to play the second. He looked lost in the net.

Short tournament. Lost confidence. Whatever reasons he didn’t look like much of a prospect from my perspective sitting behind his net. Worst goalie performance in the tournament.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'll obviously be thrilled if we win any of the lotteries but that #2 spot will make me uncomfortable. You have to draft Kakko and I'm just not excited about him. There's too much Hanzal in his game. It's just not sexy being strong on the boards anymore. Soft and speedy is what's hot in 2019. Schmaltz is the new sexy and Kakko is the anti-Schmaltz.

Then we must be the sexiest team in the league. Time to get ugly. Uggo for Kakko.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think it allows you to rewatch it, but yeah not sure if it works in USA.

Another player that impressed last night was Lavoie.

Let's say we're picking 10th. You can pick Krebs or you can pick Lavoie. Who do you take?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Krebs all day.

As exciting as Byram is, he falls for me because LD. So my top players are Hughes, Kakko, Podkolzin and then Cozens, Dach, Turcotte, and Krebs in some order. That’s my top seven, I think. Lavoie is more in the running with Zegras, Byram, and Boldy for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: YotesFan47

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I like Krebs a lot. I like his fire. We don't have enough of that.

But man the list of high end forwards coming from the WHL in recent years is short. For every Barzal there are 10 OHL guys.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Lavoie would have had to put up bigger numbers to be picked before 15 OA. Tomasino for example is 10 months younger and will outscore Lavoie this year. There's so many risers that an older guy like Lavoie, who seems to have plateaued, will drop as the draft approaches. Legare is an example of a riser from the Q who has passed Lavoie imo.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Krebs all day.

As exciting as Byram is, he falls for me because LD. So my top players are Hughes, Kakko, Podkolzin and then Cozens, Dach, Turcotte, and Krebs in some order. That’s my top seven, I think. Lavoie is more in the running with Zegras, Byram, and Boldy for me.
The only player in there I would move to that second group is Dach and I'm on the fence for Newhook being in that first group.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Dach has some issues with skating and first step acceleration, according to McKenzie's midterm rankings.

That's an immediate "do not draft" for me. Not going down the Strome path again.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dach has some issues with skating and first step acceleration, according to McKenzie's midterm rankings.

That's an immediate "do not draft" for me. Not going down the Strome path again.
I think his skating is fine. That’s overblown. He plays a different game than Strome. He’s a protypical playmaking 1C who is drawing comparisons to Getzlaf. I have him in that 3-5 range.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Go back and read my draft year posts on Strome.

They play the same position but completely different styles. Completely different. I can’t emphasize that statement enough.

I believe you, just remember OTHER analysts comparing Strome to Getzlaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad