2019 NHL Draft II - June 21 - Who’s your pick????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
"We anticipate that we’re going to get a player that’s a lot higher on our list than 14."

This Chayka quote screams Tomasino, no?

Edit: Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Maybe he's expecting a faller. I read it as Hayton 2.0.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
"We anticipate that we’re going to get a player that’s a lot higher on our list than 14."

Edit: Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Maybe he's expecting a faller. I read it as Hayton 2.0.
Watch, it'll be John Beecher

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
From Cosentino a couple days ago:

In terms of trade-downs, I don't see it coming into play until at least pick #14 with Arizona. After that, probably not again until pick #23 with NYI, and any team after that becomes a real trade down candidate. I believe many teams will have the same 22 players in varying order. After that, lists open wide until 60 and that is why I believe teams after 22 will trade down. For Chayka, at #14 I do believe there is a possibility there.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

I think that it could be read both ways. As an example, we are probably going to get the 10th or 11th player on our big board, which means getting a player higher on our list than what we have at 14.

Unfortunately, if we have Seider at 10th and Leason at 11th, then they just happen to be high on our board, as well as being higher on our list relative to other team's lists, where those 2 players are probably ranked between 18 and 30.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I think that it could be read both ways. As an example, we are probably going to get the 10th or 11th player on our big board, which means getting a player higher on our list than what we have at 14.

Unfortunately, if we have Seider at 10th and Leason at 11th, then they just happen to be high on our board, as well as being higher on our list relative to other team's lists, where those 2 players are probably ranked between 18 and 30.
Could be Kaliev too, if we have him at like 5, we'd be pretty confident on him being there at 14

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Moderator mock draft has been posted:
Annual Moderator Mock Draft (2 Rounds)

Unfortunately due to some family issues I didn't have nearly as much time to prep and research this year. Pick #14 considered Krebs, Kaliyev, Broberg and York. Didn't have a whole lot of info on the severity of Krebs' injury, though after more reading since then it sounds like he may not miss nearly as much time as originally thought. Kaliyev seems to be the most polarizing prospect, haven't seen any questions on his attitude, more questions on his compete level. Some scouts say the concerns are overblown, some think they're fatal flaws. No doubt he's extremely talented.

Pick #45 considered Bjornfot, Holmstrom, N Robertson, Korczak and Firstov. Tilted towards taking the forward with top 6 offensive potential. Also slight preference to go RW over LW.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'd would have killed to land Krebs/Holmstrom with our 1st 2 picks, that would have been incredible...that would have gotten you an A++++, but you took Kaliyev with Krebs still on the board and although I like Kaliyev, Krebs I have ranked in the top 5, so I could only give you an A-.

Btw, any 2 Forwards would have landed you at least a B in my book.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Moderator mock draft has been posted:
Annual Moderator Mock Draft (2 Rounds)

Unfortunately due to some family issues I didn't have nearly as much time to prep and research this year. Pick #14 considered Krebs, Kaliyev, Broberg and York. Didn't have a whole lot of info on the severity of Krebs' injury, though after more reading since then it sounds like he may not miss nearly as much time as originally thought. Kaliyev seems to be the most polarizing prospect, haven't seen any questions on his attitude, more questions on his compete level. Some scouts say the concerns are overblown, some think they're fatal flaws. No doubt he's extremely talented.

Pick #45 considered Bjornfot, Holmstrom, N Robertson, Korczak and Firstov. Tilted towards taking the forward with top 6 offensive potential. Also slight preference to go RW over LW.
I have Krebs rated #3 he went #15 (one pick after us) and I have Robertson in the early 20s. He went #46 (one pick after us). Haha. So for me-that would be a pretty devastating outcome.

rt

May 13, 2004

I think he’s anticipating the run on D starting early than other are?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

There could be another meaning behind this. There are always inklings about how "we have had discussions about player X since last year."

What if there are two lists:
1. List of draftable players
2. List of tradable players (that you can trade for)

It can be a little convoluted, but at some point, there must be a specific idea of what the approximate trade value of a player is. Let's say that we have "Trade for Kessel" rated behind Krebs, Newhook, and Boldy. Krebs goes at 10, Newhook at 11, Boldy at 12. Theoretically, we have Kessel's value at #13 (or better, as we could have Krebs, Newhook, and Boldy at #6, 7, and 8, which makes Kessel the equivalent of the #9 pick). So if we traded 14 for Kessel, we would be getting something better than what we have at #14.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I have Krebs rated #3 he went #15 (one pick after us) and I have Robertson in the early 20s. He went #46 (one pick after us). Haha. So for me-that would be a pretty devastating outcome.

Are you talking Matthew Robertson or Nicholas Robertson in the 20’s?

rt

May 13, 2004
Or a guy we know other teams rate lower
Which was the root of the pre-Hayton boasting. I'll never forget how shocked Chayka was that there would be any criticism. He was mad. haha

"Why wouldn't we take him?!?!" - haha.

He looks good 12 months later, but he didn't look good in his reaction in those 12 minutes after.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Curious if we see Meruelo tomorrow. Not sure he's allowed there yet if the sale isn't closed.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
After reading Chayka talk about premium positions, seeing that Soderstrom is a RD, and the fact that we took him to dinner, kinda think we're taking him tomorrow.

Reactions: Antonche

rt

May 13, 2004
After reading Chayka talk about premium positions, seeing that Soderstrom is a RD, and the fact that we took him to dinner, kinda think we're taking him tomorrow.
I’d be absolutely furious. I’d easily rank York and Seider above Broberg and Soderstrom. I don’t like Broberg, Soderstrom or Harley. Not at 14. I’d take any at 21 I guess. Not at 14.

rt

May 13, 2004
On another tangent, curious what you think of Simon Holmstrom? Looks like an intriguing prospect to me. Falling in rankings this season, but questions on how justified that fall was.
I think he’s a great puck at 45. I also Think kaliyev is a time five roll at 14. I want to swing for the fences. It just so happens coincidentally that two players I had rated WAY higher went immediately after your picks. If looked into a crystal and saw we got Kaliyev at 14 and Holmstrom at 45 and I had no idea who we passed on, I’d be happy.

Reactions: mouser

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Yeah thinking we are picking a D .. or someone character guy who cant score or skate..but works real hard.. and is great in the locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad