2019 NHL Draft II - June 21 - Who’s your pick????

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I’ve listened to all the Morreale and Kimelman podcasts. They are very well connected and they talk with a lot of scouts on the show. Everyone seems convinced that Knight will fall no further than Florida at 13. An unexpected faller could change that, as could a Florida trade. They seem convinced that it’s vastly more likely that Knight goes before 13 than after 13. As long as we don’t pick him, I don’t care.
I will very much be cheering for Knight to go 12th or 13th!

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
If we have Podkolzin, Krebs, and Newhook just sitting there and take Soderstrom I'll lose it. I dont know why I'm just not very high on any of the defensemen this year, they all seem like high floor, low ceiling types. They'll be decent NHLers, but nothing more than 4th/5th defensemen outside Byram and possibly Broberg.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If we have Podkolzin OR Krebs OR Newhook just sitting there and take Soderstrom I'll lose it. I dont know why I'm just not very high on any of the defensemen this year, they all seem like high floor, low ceiling types. They'll be decent NHLers, but nothing more than 4th/5th defensemen outside Byram and possibly Broberg.

fixed

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ice cold Prediction:

AZ trades 14OV to Colorado who select The Goalie for 16OV and a 3rd rounder.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Ice cold Prediction:

AZ trades 14OV to Colorado who select The Goalie for 16OV and a 3rd rounder.

I could also see is doing something like Fischer and #14 to Philly or Minnesota for #11 or #12. Especially if a player like Caufield or Boldy are there. It would also mean that Philly and/or Minnesota would not take one of those players and was willing to trade out. I would hate for a team like Dallas, Montreal, or Vegas to move up for those players while we stood pat.

rt

May 13, 2004
Mod mock draft is almost complete. Hopefully y’all won’t be too harsh on me when the results are posted.
If you took a D or a G, you can go ahead and give yourself a 60 day forum ban. There isn’t a forward you could conceivably take that would elicit a rotten veggie toss from me. Literally any D or G and you had better duck and cover.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
If you took a D or a G, you can go ahead and give yourself a 60 day forum ban.

Only forwards. We did two rounds this year.

I will admit to passing on Krebs for a controversial pick. Honestly didn’t have much time to research players this year, including how quickly Krebs might recover.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I will also admit I feel pretty good about the 2nd round forward. Seems like the sort of potential high upside players I prefer in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

Reactions: lanky

rt

May 13, 2004
Only forwards. We did two rounds this year.

I will admit to passing on Krebs for a controversial pick. Honestly didn’t have much time to research players this year, including how quickly Krebs might recover.
Do have Krebs rated 3rd overall. Would trade two Kaliyev’s for one Krebs.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I think Fischer is worth more than two or three draft slots.

I always hate when a player is posited this way. There are always variables to consider.

As an example, let's say that Caufield is available at #11. Philadelphia is not interested in Caufield. Minnesota is heavily interested in Caufield. The fact that MIN has Caufield as their likely pick adds a need for value. We have a purpose in jumping ahead of Minnesota and therefore, Arizona should offer something greater in the return.

It works the same way as if we told Philly that we have Caufield ranked within the top 9 on our big board. If we have Caufield at #9, we are getting good value, but how far ahead of the next best value is Caufield? Instead of having him at #9 on our board, we have him at #4, which is far and away ahead of his value. One could argue that Fischer would not be a reasonable difference for someone whom we have at #9 on our board, but he would be the right value if Caufield were #4 and we held a belief that he could be a consistent 30-40 goal scorer for over half of his career, as opposed to being a 20-30 goal scorer over the same time period.

With players and their values, everything has a fluid nature. One team may have Fischer as no more than a 4th line guy and another may think he has top 6 potential. If I were the GM, and someone rated extremely high on the board were available 3 picks from where we pick at, I may not appreciate who I am giving up with Fischer, but I also have to weigh that Fischer and #14 are going to provide less value than #11 and the free agent that we sign to replace Fischer's 3rd/4th line value as it stands.

Reactions: Mosby

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
1 - NJ - Hughes
2 - NYR - Kakko
3 - CHI - Turcotte
4 - COL - Byram
5 - LA - Dach
6 - DET - Zegras
7 - BUF - Cozens
8 - EDM - Broberg
9 - ANA - Krebs
10 - VAN - Caufield
11 - PHI - ?
12 - MIN - ?
13 - FLA - Knight
14 - ARI - ?

Haven't heard names connected to Philly or Minnesota, but that's my best guess on what happens tomorrow.

In terms of forwards, this would leave at least two of Boldy, Kaliyev, Newbook, and Podkolzin on the board when it gets to our pick. Tomasino too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad