GDT: 2019 NHL draft|6/21/19 6pm MT - Draft Day!

Who do the Avs take at #4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I assume that is intended as a personal shot against me. Seems a little over the top to me, but to each his or her own I suppose.
No it really wasn’t. Apologies if you took it personal. IM pissed about all the main board posters and twitters who are saying LOL Avs aren’t getting him and responding with the George Richards tweet as if it has anything to do with what Dater reported.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think it was intended for RIAL.
Nah it wasn’t intended for anyone on here. I just edited my post because it looked like I was calling out people on our board which wasn’t the purpose at all lol. Didn’t even know RIAL posted prior to my post. Based on the time stamps it looked like we posted around the same time.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
No it really wasn’t. Apologies if you took it personal. IM pissed about all the main board posters and twitters who are saying LOL Avs aren’t getting him and responding with the George Richards tweet as if it has anything to do with what Dater reported.

Got it.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I think it was intended for RIAL.

xBI5MNM.gif

“As early as” means that’s the earliest. Doesn’t mean it’s 100% that day.

I hate Dater more than everyone but I at least understand English enough to know that if they don’t meet today it still doesn’t mean he was wrong.

patsmad.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Psychologically speaking, you'd rather be the last interview than the first

Actually there's studies with reasonable enough sample sizes to actually pay attention to, that suggest that the longer you give yourself to freak out before presenting and the longer you give your audience to grow sick of listening to speaker-after-speaker, the worse you do...similarly, early presenters get forgotten & don't benefit from being compared to other presentations that lower the bar.

So ideally you want to go in the early-middle for peak performance & memorability.

Last edited:

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Panarin isn't worth that much and he is supposed to meet with a many teams

In a world where Jeff Skinner gets $9m and Duchene more than that, a 27 yo that’s averaged a ppg in his career and whose career low point total was 74, is worth at least $11m. Sure, $11.5-13m is an overpayment but we can afford to overpay a little on a guy like that.

Reactions: Avsboy

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
IMO Vegas is plan B for Sakic. If (most likely "when") he strikes out on Panarin, a deal with Vegas will be done.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I’m gonna close this thread up and open & sticky a new trade rumors thread.

If people want to talk about the Avs’ draft, I would imagine they could just post in one of the prospect-specific threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->