GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
The ideal contract for this guy and our GM of the year sitting on his hands again, way to go Donny, maybe wait for the next Backes to sign instead.
I take it you didn’t watch the Jackets much in the playoffs, otherwise doubt you would want the Bs paying for this guy.

Reactions: Nibd and OV

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Ya'll may not like this proposal, but here it is anyway.

1) Anders Bjork to Vegas for Nikita Gusev
2) Sign Gusev to his 2 year $8 million deal ($4 million AAV)
3) LTIR John Moore and Kevan Miller to start the year
4) Leaves you with $1.2 million in cap space (of course, you have to be compliant when healthy)

See roster below

5) Once one of Moore/Miller are healthy, 14 day conditioning stint in the AHL
6) Trade that player while on conditioning stint for whatever
7) the other player becomes healthy, demote Kampfer and Backes and voila, cap compliant.

View attachment 244415

Wow, I've gone back and forth a few times, which tells me its something that I'd do even though we lose one of my favorite prospects.

Reactions: bbfan419

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

4) Leaves you with $1.2 million in cap space (of course, you have to be compliant when healthy)

See roster below

7) the other player becomes healthy, demote Kampfer and Backes and voila, cap compliant.

View attachment 244415

Voila: INDEED. Nice!!:thumbu: As long as Gusev isn't on the "Russian Smoke."

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

See roster below

View attachment 244415
I love Bjork but based on what I’ve read on Gusov and watched you do it

Love the creativity

Reactions: bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I take it you didn’t watch the Jackets much in the playoffs, otherwise doubt you would want the Bs paying for this guy.
I think he brings more to the table than someone like say Heinen for only a bit more $$, also would have liked MoJo back for the contract he signed.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Thought this was interesting....

Since 2017-2018 season + new hit

Heinen - 81pts ($2.8 per)
Ferland - 81pts ($3.5 per)
Dzingel - 91pts ($3.3 per)
And when Heinen is 2 yrs older he’ll probably be paid more I suggest finding players closer in age and games played but yes comparable in stats

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
And when Heinen is 2 yrs older he’ll probably be paid more I suggest finding players closer in age and games played but yes comparable in stats

Ok? Heinen in 3 years younger than the other two. It not like he's 23 and their 29/30. And of course his hit should go (assuming he doesn't regress) up because the cap goes up.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Bjork still has potential, but will we ever see it? Hasn’t had much luck with injuries. I think they may look at him as a trade chip before it happens again, so the Gusev proposal makes sense

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's a damm shame there's no cap space.

These are "steal" UFA contracts, very low risk with that term.

I’ve been shocked with some of the contracts handed out this off season. Some real team friendly deals on quality players. I know it takes two to tango with these but damn it’s frustrating to see these guys sign elsewhere on “cheap” deals.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Ok? Heinen in 3 years younger than the other two. It not like he's 23 and their 29/30. And of course his hit should go (assuming he doesn't regress) up because the cap goes up.
He can also negotiate with 32 teams in three years, as opposed to one, which is sort of a bit more important when it comes to cap hits than the cap rising by 5-7% every year.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He can also negotiate with 32 teams in three years, as opposed to one, which is sort of a bit more important when it comes to cap hits than the cap rising by 5-7% every year.
Looking ahead with certain players is not advisable. Heinen can become a key cog in the system or get passed by. If certain aspects of his game don't pick up I can't see him getting THAT much more. Then again, he may price himself out of town, wait and see.

Reactions: TCB

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

That's assuming he makes it that far. His two year deal means he'll be an RFA when it expires. Also I know the rule is 7 years or 27yr old, but Heinen won't turn 27yr old until after the season is over and FA has started. He also wont have 7 seasons, so he may not qualify for UFA status. That would be a better question for someone like @Dom - OHL

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

See roster below

View attachment 244415

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Wondering if his style would result in him cruisin' into some nasty hits. If he free-wheels around the ice like this in the NHL (IMO) he may get his block knocked off.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Been trying to read and watch as much as I can on Gusev. Not so sure he would be a sure thing at RW. Almost all his damage is done in and around the left circle. He is freaking wicked in and around the left circle -- holy crap. Seems like if the Bs traded for him then they would need to find a spot for him on the left, and the biggest team need is RW. Also, I'd be interested to know how well he plays outside of the Ozone. About everything I've been able to watch is of course showing his offensive highlights. And lastly, I am curious as to how he would play in a league where guys will be more routinely in his grill and hitting him. The videos I've seen have him making plays against not so stellar defense. It's neat that he did better than several awesome NHL talents who played in the KHL, but then again he is 27 years old. Some of those other guys who he outscored in the KHL were much younger when they played, excluding Radulov.

Not poopooing the idea of Gusev on the Bs. Just think there are some pretty big question marks for a team in the Bs situation. It might be worth a shot trying to make a deal for him. There are several teams in the NHL that have plenty of cap space that should be making a solid effort to work out a trade. The guy is clearly very skilled offensively, and could very well end up being an excellent NHL player. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has seen Gusev play full games, rather than just highlight reels.

Reactions: Strafer and Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad